Where to find deals on MTBs

Trying to make this a combo of a question and a PSA for where to find deals on new or slightly used bike. I am in the market for a Trail/All Mountain/Enduro bike and have about $2500ish to spend. In the past I've always gone pinkbike or craigslist but my budget is high enough to possibly be buying a new bike and I like the idea as I've had some great luck and some not so great luck buying used bikes.

I've spent a slightly embarrassing number of hours trying to find deals on quality new bikes and this is what I've come up with and I'd like to share and hope people can add to it.

YT
    -direct to consumer bikes
    -have a sales section
    -very affordable base models
    -multiple friends with these bikes and they love em
    -this seems to be the leader currently
    -low stock

Canyon
    -direct to consumer
    -have a sales section

Transition
    -have sales but low stock, at least currently

Intense
    -starting to go more direct to consumer
    -they have a sales/used section but still pretty damn spendy

Commencal
    -direct to consumer
    -afforable and have stock
    Last edited by brundo; 05-18-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Commencal should be in the running, as long as you're not stuck on carbon.

Does YT actually have decent stock these days? I know that’s a frequent criticism, great deals but always out of a lot of the good stuff...
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I've heard of people waiting a long time as in months for YT ... hope that is no longer the case ?

A bro told me they just had their best month eva so Its probably a bad year to be trying to grind out a super deal or expecting a big sale on unsold inventory in the fall
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

You should mention where you are as locals may be able to steer you to shops, bike swaps, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Does YT actually have decent stock these days? I know that’s a frequent criticism, great deals but always out of a lot of the good stuff...
    Yeah the stock is not great and the wait times are pretty long.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I've heard of people waiting a long time as in months for YT ... hope that is no longer the case ?

A bro told me they just had their best month eva so Its probably a bad year to be trying to grind out a super deal or expecting a big sale on unsold inventory in the fall
    Yep still a long wait. I was hoping to find deals based on the situation of the economy but it is right at the beginning of the season. Hoping for leftovers of last years models

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    You should mention where you are as locals may be able to steer you to shops, bike swaps, etc.
    Located in Boise. Shops are opening back up here but its ski stuff that's on sale. Bikes are in very high demand here so good deals on Craigslist and FB marketplace are gone within hours.

Not sure if they have what youre looking for and maybe you want simething else anyway but ill give props to yt customer service in north america. They set me up with an online update for my decoy with shimano and settled with the shop and shimano. Recently they were super quick to answer a question and just good communication. Shaun in cali was very nice to email with and gave good info. Pleasantly surprised

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

"" Yep still a long wait. I was hoping to find deals based on the situation of the economy but it is right at the beginning of the season. Hoping for leftovers of last years models ""

I seen some of last years bikes for a 20% off deal on the Norco site

Bro told me they were crazy busy but kinda different so I said " your sign sez only 2 customers in the store don't come in unless you need to buy something, no families, no browsing and its still crazy busy ? "

uh yeah something like that
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Jenson has pretty good prices on their last year's stuff, if you find something you want. If you call, my experience has been that they'll do better pricing over the phone on complete bikes vs what's shown on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Facebook marketplace is another good one to look. You get people who are too lazy/inexperienced to know the value of their bikes and try to sell them on pinkbike or craigslist and just looking to make a quick sale. You also get people asking too much for their bikes too, but always worth a look. I saw a couple great bikes (2016+ Yetis and Santa Cruz's) sell for $1700 recently (almost half of market value) - but they were sold within an hour of posting.