Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Having had the 5x and the 6, I can say that they both do the job, but the interface on the 6 is a lot better. There are tons of videos and reviews to support this if you plan to use the watch as an edc. If it is only for outings and functions, the value at $250 is great.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Quote Originally Posted by alfajores View Post
    Having had the 5x and the 6, I can say that they both do the job, but the interface on the 6 is a lot better. There are tons of videos and reviews to support this if you plan to use the watch as an edc. If it is only for outings and functions, the value at $250 is great.
    Yea is a $600 vs $250 question
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The screen on the 6X is a hair bigger. Can't say I use the O2 feature much, or the music player. Maybe someday.

Really like the watch though, and being able to track progress on Garmin app and Strava definitely helps with motivation.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 05-28-2020 at 01:02 PM.

wow. my wife's been wanting one of these, just pulled the trigger. thanks!

I still have a fenix 3 sapphire, anyone comment on whether or not they would upgrade? I really like it and have had for ~4 years.

cruiser thanks for the heads up. Have been looking at the competing sunnuto/garmin offerings for quite a while, but always thought them being worth a smart phone was b/s. Grabbed one of these, came quick and looked like new. so far so good after a weekish of use. Definately will be useful with some basic nav stuff, and especially with tracking where I've been.

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    I still have a fenix 3 sapphire, anyone comment on whether or not they would upgrade? I really like it and have had for ~4 years.
    My 3X is 4-5 yrs old. But the sensors in the watch died ~2-3yrs ago and it's been a fancy step counter ever since. Got a Fenix 6 pro sapphire as a bday gift about a month before these cheap 5X's were available . Really liking the 6 upgrade, worth it imo. Fyi The 6 now comes in 3 sizes 43, 47 and 51mm face vs. the 53mm of the 3x.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I bought one when they were on sale at Best Buy for $300, new (not refurb), and returned it. It was huge on my small wrist.
    I also returned one they are huge.

I ended up with a forerunner 245 music. Smaller cheaper and does just about everything I want in a watch. Gps altitude is quite good without the barometer.
    I don't want a wrist top computer but I could see it being useful for some people.
    I do run a fair amount.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I resisted the first click, I came back.

Thanks, that's a pretty good deal
    Hello darkness my old friend

Thanks for the heads up! I ordered one to replace my Garmin Dakota 20, Protrek watch, and possibly my Lezyne gps bike computer depending on how well it functions for that. It does look very bulky. But it will be nice to have only one piece, especially considering that I can sell the other three and put the extra cash toward weed or something.

Got mine yesterday, same form factor as every other GPS watch out, still looks like a cyborg wrist, kinda overwhelmed by the Garmin app ecosystem coming from Suunto...
    Speaking of Suunto, if anyone wants to buy an Ambit 3 Peak with Sapphire glass in excellent condition, hit me up. Haven't thought of a price yet but we can hash that out.