1st and 2d Gen. Yeti 575s

I have two sm. Yeti 575. One is 1st gen., and the other is 2d gen. 26" wheels. I also have an XS Intense 5.5. My kids have grown out of all these bikes. I'd like to sell and trade up to a nice 27.5" frame bike. (Yeti, Intense, Turner, Ibis) This is that I'm not sure whether these Yetis have any value, or what they might be worth, and I don't know whether it is best to bring them to a swap, try to sell them, keep them for guests, etc. Here are some pics.
    Any thoughts?
    1) 2d Gen.
    Name:  IMG_6610.jpg
Views: 5254
Size:  125.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6609.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  115.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6607.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  105.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6606.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  89.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_6603.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  162.5 KB

1st Gen.:
    Name:  IMG_6615.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  128.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_6611.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  120.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_6612.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  162.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_6614.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  99.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

I cannot offer any advice other then I think they are pretty cool looking. Yeti has a great following so might be able to get more because of that? On a plus note used bikes are hot hot hot right now, at least near me.

Rubes and college kids are your target audience. I sold my second gen a couple of years ago for $500 (I think).

after buying the SB 5.5 it took me 2 years to sell my 05 Cannondale prophet for 500$

the only time anybody was interested was in the LBS spring bike swap/feeding frenzy so it sold at the second bike swap

so I was also gona say try & get 500$, I thot about keeping the prophet around for about 1 sec. cuz I know whatever is wrong, what is gona go next, what needs updating, i don't wana work on more bikes ... got rid of it
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Thanks. At a swap, I might be able to sell them both, and pick up a nice roadie.
    A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
    ― Milton Friedman

Good morning! I'm keeping an eye out for a bike for my neighbors kid. One of these small Yetis would be perfect. He's 11 years old, maybe just at 5 feet tall. His single mom doesn't have a ton of cash to spend. Are you close to Teton Valley Idaho at all? Make us a deal to keep an avid kid on a bike that fits him?

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

If you get desperate, I'd pay a few hundred for one, shipped to VA.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Jans swap and theyll go quick. Actually I think its white pine.
    Last edited by Canada1; 05-18-2020 at 10:31 AM.

I think that's the best idea. My kids grew up in the Young Riders program, so it seems only fair
    ― Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Good morning! I'm keeping an eye out for a bike for my neighbors kid. One of these small Yetis would be perfect. He's 11 years old, maybe just at 5 feet tall. His single mom doesn't have a ton of cash to spend. Are you close to Teton Valley Idaho at all? Make us a deal to keep an avid kid on a bike that fits him?

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    If you could arrange a price I travel frequently to my office in Salt Lake to my place in Swan Valley, be happy to bring it up for you.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    If you could arrange a price I travel frequently to my office in Salt Lake to my place in Swan Valley, be happy to bring it up for you.
    Awesome. A rad 11-year-old will thank you! Schindlerpiste let's talk. I sent you a PM.

That’s great, HMS, hope this works out!
    Forum Cross Pollinator

I think a trade in towards a new bike might be the best bang for the buck depending on the shops near you.

Shops can get top dollar for a sub-$1k full squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I think a trade in towards a new bike might be the best bang for the buck depending on the shops near you.

Shops can get top dollar for a sub-$1k full squish.
    Right, but doing the most GOOD for a low income kid is a different story!

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Right, but doing the most GOOD for a low income kid is a different story!
    If, by some chance, you get this worked out in the next couple of days, and I could get it to Ogden, I'm heading up Wednesday.

So did you sell these yet? Would you be open to my offer?

I'm just exploring options. Not for sale yet. I'll let you know
    ― Milton Friedman

old bikes get to a certian age and stop bleeding value, the figure i hear thrown around always seems to be 500$, so i asked more the 1st year no sale, in its 2nd swap I got 500$ for a 14 yr old bike, the owner of the LBS said she thot i did pretty good really

IME basicly its the owner of the LBS setting the prices when he looks at it, grimaces and sez ... 500$
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know