Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fork discipline?

My utensil drawer is a mess. Dinner forks commingled with salad forks. Serving spoons in the same spot as soup spoons. It's not a good scene. Kids throw em away or hide them in the yard and now I've got 3 non-matching sets mixed together.

Kinda makes me want to just get rid of the dividers all together and just throw everything into the drawer in an admission of my acceptance of the ultimate futility of trying to impose some unnatural order on the otherwise free flowing universe.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Too philosophically weighty for me.

You aren't allowed to have nice things while the kids are still at home

Ours is the same. My kids are responsible for the DW. As long as it gets emptied and stuff goes in the general area that it belongs, I couldn't care less about the details.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I’m in the same boat. On top of my kids being useless on this shit, my wife loads the dishwasher and all the spoons and forks are, well, spooning. They’re all nested together so no water gets in between them. I have to go through and separate everything and some times run it again or else nothing gets clean. Then when I go into the drawer for something, somehow she’s lost her ability to nest silverware together and it’s a jumbled, tangled up mess. Silverware is hard I guess.

In India they just eat with their hands.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Your dividers are too large. Our divider pretty much only allows space for the right type of thing to fit in there. You can't put something where it doesn't belong.

And either you're early to the party, or you have tiny Trump hands. I can't stand using a salad fork at all, and it pisses me off to no end if that's what I get with dinner.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Just checking in to make sure we've officially reached the end of the internet. Confirmed.

why did you start another thread when this could just go in " I love my wife but ... "
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Fork all y'all.

Am I trash because I don't have separate salad forks?

Also, I tried to get rid of all the small size spoons (you show offs probably know a name for those) for the sake of simplicity but I lost that battle.

I’ve got the upper drawer in the dishwasher. No more nesting.

But fuck, wife can’t put little forks and spoons closest and big ones on the other side.
    When loaded properly, it’s grab and go to unload.
    You have to sort anyways. Why not sort on the way in?

And yeah, there’s a thread for this. Jesus Hercules Christ
    . . .

common caustic chaotic cutlery complaint.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I've pretty much given up with the plates. I have so many broken sets and singles of all different sizes and colors that we all eat on different plates every night. It's a complete menagerie in the cabinets with nothing that even resembles a set.

I'm mostly at peace with the mismatched plates. Now if I can just bend my pea brain around the idea of letting go of my attachment to feeling the need to organize the silverware I'll be freaking golden!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

don't get me started on how no one in this fucking house can load a dishwasher properly.

I van’t de fook on da tablue
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Kinda makes me want to just get rid of the dividers all together and just throw everything into the drawer in an admission of my acceptance of the ultimate futility of trying to impose some unnatural order on the otherwise free flowing universe.
    It's like switching to boxers. You'll never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    why did you start another thread when this could just go in " I love my wife but ... "
    Right, it would've dovetailed nicely with the sponge sanitation discussion that's been going on in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    My utensil drawer is a mess. Dinner forks commingled with salad forks. Serving spoons in the same spot as soup spoons. It's not a good scene. Kids throw em away or hide them in the yard and now I've got 3 non-matching sets mixed together.

You just need to be tougher with your kids. My father detested a utensil drawer in disarray and impressed upon me at a very young age that a salad fork was not a dinner fork and never the two shall meet in the utensil drawer. Same went for soup spoons and tea spoons.

My father never raised his hand to me or my brothers but he could shoot you a look and you knew you better stop whatever it was you were doing immediately.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Switch to chopsticks
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Switch to chopsticks
    +1 on the chopsticks

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    +1 on the chopsticks
    For the last 3 plus years I've only used chopsticks and a spoon to eat. Fit my lifestyle and philosophy. I really can't tell you the last time I used a fork.

I have custom forged sticks and a custom carved spoon. I don't really need more seeing as I have way too many knives.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    For the last 3 plus years I've only used chopsticks and a spoon to eat. Fit my lifestyle and philosophy. I really can't tell you the last time I used a fork.

I have custom forged sticks and a custom carved spoon. I don't really need more seeing as I have way too many knives.

Hippie.

Sporks.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

Holee fuk.

MtM peels back his skull and reveals that quiet insanity deep inside.

And yet after the initial shock, I am in awe of the simplicity.
    . . .