What's up with Simms sizing?

A couple years ago I ordered some pants in medium that fit like god had crafted them just for my ass, or lack thereof. Earlier this year I picked up some discount shorts in the same size and they were literally 2-3 inches too large around the waist. Returned and got a small and they fit right. My waist hasn't changed from the 31-32 range.

Looking to pick up another set of pants as the old ones are pretty worn out. Anyone know if they changed up the sizing or this pair was an anomaly? Perhaps the fit is different between shorts and pants despite the same size chart?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    A couple years ago I ordered some pants in medium that fit like god had crafted them just for my ass, or lack thereof. Earlier this year I picked up some discount shorts in the same size and they were literally 2-3 inches too large around the waist. Returned and got a small and they fit right. My waist hasn't changed from the 31-32 range.

Looking to pick up another set of pants as the old ones are pretty worn out. Anyone know if they changed up the sizing or this pair was an anomaly? Perhaps the fit is different between shorts and pants despite the same size chart?
    Had same issue. My guess: Once they started catering to bass fishermen, they had to make their sizes bigger so they didn’t hurt bubba’s feeling.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I too noticed this. I appreciate that they added the size option of short, regular and long for a few pants late last season. The L model has retrieved the waist band from my knees and relocated it centrally to my hips.

All I want is for them to bring back the snaps on the bottom of their quick dry pants. Laziness not still doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Quote Originally Posted by STLHD View Post
    Had same issue. My guess: Once they started catering to bass fishermen, they had to make their sizes bigger so they didn’t hurt bubba’s feeling.
    A lot of truth to this. The little town in Northern Wisconsin that I am from has a billboard as you enter town. Traditionally it has ads for a local bank or real estate agent, and the ads tend to stay the same for several years. Currently it has an ad by Simms. It is a bass boat with guys wearing Simms bibs netting a huge Musky. Naturally the guys are typical cheeseheads, fat with goatees. You had better believe an ad like that has an impact in that town.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Meh. Simms. "Montana" ha.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Meh. Simms. "Montana" ha.
    Hey man Shimano is "local."

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    A lot of truth to this. The little town in Northern Wisconsin that I am from has a billboard as you enter town. Traditionally it has ads for a local bank or real estate agent, and the ads tend to stay the same for several years. Currently it has an ad by Simms. It is a bass boat with guys wearing Simms bibs netting a huge Musky. Naturally the guys are typical cheeseheads, fat with goatees. You had better believe an ad like that has an impact in that town.

When I was looking at reviews last week apparently 90% who buy Simms shit in recent times are like 6'-3" 280lbs. Where the fuck do they make these people? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    When I was looking at reviews last week apparently 90% who buy Simms shit in recent times are like 6'-3" 280lbs. Where the fuck do they make these people? Lol
    Ummmm Wisconsin?
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    All I want is for them to bring back the snaps on the bottom of their quick dry pants. Laziness not still doing it.
    That was my one of my major complaints too. They are back! I noticed them coming in to shops last fall.

Length options too. short - regular - long

Old pair on the left. New on the right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3374.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	328942

What's up with Simms sizing?

Montana Governor Steve Bullock rocks Simms apparel.

Name:  IMG_3413.JPG
Views: 1053
Size:  70.0 KB

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by howelsen View Post
    That was my one of my major complaints too. They are back! I noticed them coming in to shops last fall.

Length options too. short - regular - long

Old pair on the left. New on the right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3374.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	328942
    Just seeing this now. Fuck yeah!

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

...and to think the bunch of idiots who thought up these changes...probably still have their jobs....
    Last edited by steved; 01-30-2021 at 09:27 AM.