Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    My kids have been in a daycare since June. No one in the facility has had COVID AFAIK. Kids older than 5 mask, teachers mask.

Biggest issue has been that our youngest doesn’t see mouths moving and seems to be a little delayed on the speech development front.

I take them to the park and don’t try to enforce distancing unless they are right in some other kids face for awhile. Lots of kids showing up at the parks that are clearly starved for kid to kid interaction. Sort of hilarious watching parents try to keep kids under 5 apart. Just don’t bring them if that is what you are going to do.

Supposedly, kids (that survived) wore masks and generally isolated during the 1918 flu pandemic.

The “stuff you missed in history class” podcast did a two-part discussion of the 1918 pandemic this winter that discussed a lot of the political, economic, and social struggles, including mask wearing, society struggling to follow public health guidance, and what happened with kids. Lots of interesting parallels.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Supposedly, kids (that survived) wore masks and generally isolated during the 1918 flu pandemic.

The “stuff you missed in history class” podcast did a two-part discussion of the 1918 pandemic this winter that discussed a lot of the political, economic, and social struggles, including mask wearing, society struggling to follow public health guidance, and what happened with kids. Lots of interesting parallels.
    Colorado 1918:

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

If you do an image search for 1918 influenza pandemic you will find newspaper headlines that parallel what we see today. If only people could learn from history........

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Yeah.
    Duck and cover didn’t affect anyone

Whatevs
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yeah.
    Duck and cover didn’t affect anyone

Whatevs
    Every generation has their cross to bear. Masking up at school is pretty damn minor from a historical perspective.

I was talking to my dad (89) last night and he told me some stories about my grandma, his mother, that I did not know. She was born in 1900. There was a recession in 1912 and her father worked as a clerk in a store. One day there was $100 missing from the cash register. The store owner had no way of knowing who stole the money, so he fired all the clerks. My grandma's father had a small life insurance policy. He committed suicide a week later, figuring he was worth more to his family dead than alive. She was 12 years old.

When the 1918 pandemic hit, she lost her brother to the flu when he was 18 or 19.

A few years later her other brother drowned in Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis, right after graduating from college.

When my grandmother became pregnant with her first child, her own mother died, and my grandma miscarried the baby, likely because of the stress of having her mother die and essentially being left alone in the world at that point.

She lived into her late 90s and long enough to become a great-grandmother.

Anyway. Life sucks and then you die.

I think all that needs to be taken into consideration. Wearing a mask is not causing mental health issues though. My daughter does not care that she has to wear a mask to protect her and her family and those around her. Nobody here that posts is preventing their kids from having an active lifestyle or interacting with other kids afaik. Maybe they have to interact outside or at school or wherever.

Yeah my girl missed the birthday party with 60 people. She did other shit that night.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

Anyway. Life sucks and then you die.
    Yup.

My Grandmother told me stories she heard first hand from her grandmother about fighting the American Civil War from their front porch. Don't know how they managed but some how 4 generations later here I am.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I think all that needs to be taken into consideration. Wearing a mask is not causing mental health issues though. My daughter does not care that she has to wear a mask to protect her and her family and those around her. Nobody here that posts is preventing their kids from having an active lifestyle or interacting with other kids afaik. Maybe they have to interact outside or at school or wherever.

Yeah my girl missed the birthday party with 60 people. She did other shit that night.

My friend who is a school teacher told me they had a hard time getting the kids to take them off at recess during the colder months. Kids liked them because they kept their faces warm.

As a mental health provider who primarily works with kids, let me be the first to say: Core Shot, you're a useless twat.
    The mental health crisis has been going for several years (with public health analysts primarily attributing to: academic pressures, social media pressures, poor funding for early MH intervention).
    The primary reason that there is increased usage of MH services is that parents are around more this year and are more closely observing their child's mental health and are more aware of MH concerns. Anecdotally, exactly zero of the multitude of clients I have seen this year have reported that masks are causing them stress or depression.
    Last edited by mfcf13; 04-10-2021 at 10:16 AM.

do republican kids wear the masks no problem ?

my parents came of age in war zones, bombs dropped on them/ occupied, no food, both grandfathers killed

this is just a pandemic
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by mfcf13 View Post
    As a mental health provider who primarily works with kids, let me be the first to say: Core Shot, you're a useless twat.
    Oh, I highly doubt that you're the first to say it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Does anyone have links to good stats about kids and covid (perhaps even comparing it to flu or other risks)?

IOW, if you were trying to convince someone to loosen the restrictions on their kiddo and gathering with friends, and that person wasn't just going to take your word for it, what would you point them to?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Does anyone have links to good stats about kids and covid (perhaps even comparing it to flu or other risks)?

IOW, if you were trying to convince someone to loosen the restrictions on their kiddo and gathering with friends, and that person wasn't just going to take your word for it, what would you point them to?
    What age kiddo? Seems recent outbreaks have been hitting kids as young as 8.

What to Know About COVID-19, Variants, and Children

The mental health crisis has been going for several years (with public health analysts primarily attributing to: academic pressures, social media pressures, poor funding for early MH intervention).
    The primary reason that there is increased usage of MH services is that parents are around more this year and are more closely observing their child's mental health and are more aware of MH concerns. Anecdotally, exactly zero of the multitude of clients I have seen this year have reported that masks are causing them stress or depression.
    Well.
    You’re not the first to call me a useless twat.

But kids in masks ain’t right. They only stand a 99.9% chance of living.

My youngest can’t stand it. My oldest is compliant.
    But he’s in high school. Should be sucking face and hoping for a stinky finger.
    Life is fubar
    . . .

But kids in masks ain’t right. They only stand a 99.9% chance of living.
    There's a very good chance my teen-aged son, who was asymptomatic at the time, passed the Covid to his grandmother and her husband. She made it through the sickness, but it was a difficult few months. He wasn't so lucky...thus she's living with the immense burden of grief and depression. Please stick your 99.9% chance of living up your arse.

What say ye Mental health providers about the lack of consistent regimen and lack of social interaction?

Screw the mask bullshit and screw "parents are home more", the mental health of school age children in covid times is a bigger issue than we can currently see or can begin to understand. Don't kid yourself. I don't need a special degree to see it. It's obvious.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    There's a very good chance my teen-aged son, who was asymptomatic at the time, passed the Covid to his grandmother and her husband. She made it through the sickness, but it was a difficult few months. He wasn't so lucky...thus she's living with the immense burden of grief and depression. Please stick your 99.9% chance of living up your arse.
    So wait, cause an elderly individual passed from covid the 99.9% survival rate for kids doesn't apply?. I mean I'm sorry for your loss, but can you be sure it was the kid? "Grandpa" totally isolated and didn't leave house? Zero contact with anyone else? My guess is a big NO.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    Sorry about the loss of your stepdad or father in law. This covid sucks.

But the old and weak need to shelter. And the vaccine makes sense for them.

But the young are fine. And the vax is unknown long term.
    And there are many reports of vax folks getting the rona. So even with vax, they can spread.

Again, sorry for your personal loss.

If I’m one of the losses, I accept that. We’re all dead. It’s just a matter of time.
    . . .

Sorry about the loss of your stepdad or father in law. This covid sucks.

But the old and weak need to shelter. And the vaccine makes sense for them.

But the young are fine. And the vax is unknown long term.
    And there are many reports of vax folks getting the rona. So even with vax, they can spread.

Again, sorry for your personal loss.

If I’m one of the losses, I accept that. We’re all dead. It’s just a matter of time.
    So you know the young are fine with the virus but don't know the long term effects of the vax. Huh.

I'm thinking you don't really know either.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    So you know the young are fine with the virus but don't know the long term effects of the vax. Huh.

Here's the thing, does anyone know? Will there be boosters? Will it be a like a flu shot (yearly)? Will boosters or vac protect from variants or, again, will it be like a flu shot (eventual 50ish% efficacy) and we just hope they got it right year in year out?

Still very much in it's infancy and way too many unknowns. What we do know is elderly and those with underlying health conditions are more at risk. The younger and healthier you are the better your chances.

What I wish we could determine better is how vaxed folks transit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

No.
    I know the young are fine. It’s science. And statistics.

But no one knows the long term effects of this novel vax. It’s mRNA. Never been done before.

Vax the susceptible. Pros outweigh the unknowns.
    But vax a two year old? With mRNA? Wtf. No. Just no. Full stop no.
    . . .

But no one knows the long term effects of this novel vax. It’s mRNA. Never been done before.
    Doesn't seem that scary to me.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ines/mrna.html

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Lol
    . . .

Lol
    Must be weird going through life thinking everybody is always trying to pull one over on you, everybody has an evil intent, everybody is out to get you and harm you. Lol