Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post

It still feels like a ticking time bomb.Especially since we can't control other people's behavior outside of the center.
    Sure is. My wife took the kids out this morning and saw families from the closed daycare having play-dates. Everyone wants to blame tourists, but no one is immune to these poor choices.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Sure is. My wife took the kids out this morning and saw families from the closed daycare having play-dates. Everyone wants to blame tourists, but no one is immune to these poor choices.
    It makes sense for families who have their kids in the same daycare center class to have playdates with one another. They are already sharing germs in that "bubble". Outside the bubble, not so much.

In our daycare the kids and teachers are segregated by class/age. No mingling between groups during the day, and the teachers can't swap classrooms to cover another once the day starts. 10 kid max per class, although the class size is significantly lower than that.

No way would we be doing this of we could maintain our jobs and have them home.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Been having "play dates" and sleepovers with a select few kids..almost daily they are at one house or another swimming etc. This has been ongoing since about June. No I'll effects at my home and none at the select few.

Had the bday party (all kids are in select group) some parents etc. Again no issues as of yet.

I only mask at stores. Still shake hands when situation warrants (maybe 5 times since covid aside from family). No restaurants only takeout. Grocery 1 or 2 times a week, and been to home depot probably 20 times since march.

Live in orange county NY. Don't know what to tell ya.

Brother in law has been travelling for work since about may. Builder. Working in Florida until about a week ago, now in Nebraska then Vegas. Him and his small crew keep to themselves and even get groceries delivered to their Airbnb to avoid frequent outside contact, but BIL flies home every couple weeks. Again nothing yet.

Small (very) sample size but it's what I got.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Currently know of 3 “pods,” personal friends involved, where the entire pods were infected, one in Orange County, CA, one in Sacramento, and one in Alameda County. Have a friend in Tallahassee that has been “podding” with no known infections (yet). Around me, I do not know of any pods that do not have at least one family that is a bit rogue to the pod behavior

It's a fucking bubble.

Covid and your kids

Daughter of our friend’s friend goes to COVID party at UGA. Daughter gets CV but doesn’t know it and is asymptomatic. Brings CV home to mom and pops, neither have symptoms or know it. Pops goes to meeting with our friend’s friend’s husband, who gets infected but doesn’t know it. Brings it home to my friend’s friend (his wife) and she’s sicker as shit.

This thing is so fucking bizarre.

Might be interesting to find out blood types.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Might be interesting to find out blood types.
    Reptilian blood is immune.
    #sarc. In case we’ve lost humour

Hoping snowshow connection pulls through.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    It still feels like a ticking time bomb.Especially since we can't control other people's behavior outside of the center.
    Ticking time bomb is a good way to put it. My daughter asks the screening questions every morning when the parents drop their kids off at the YMCA for "camp." She asks if they've been traveling. "Nope" say the parents. Then the kids accidentally let slip at some point during the day that they went to some place on a trip. Then the kid feels bad because the parent coached them to lie and they fucked up. But the parents gotta work and they need a place to leave the kids, so.... The whole thing sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post

Small (very) sample size but it's what I got.

Have you submitted your findings to the CDC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Don’t necessarily disagree with any of this but I can think of a counterpoint for every point in the letter and that doesn’t come from me but teachers and doctors we’re friends with. I guess that’s why there’s no right answer, such a tough situation especially if you’re an administrator.

Mentioned earlier our ISD has done virtual through Jan. 1. Biggest problem I have is they are applying legacy thinking and approach to a virtual setting. Time limits on studies and things like mandated iPad time for things like PE, art or music. My POV is fuck off, if my kid is excelling and finishing ahead of time I don’t care about your time mandates and using an iPad for PE? Don’t think so, my kid is riding bike, chopping wood and playing sports every waking minute away from school, I don’t need an iPad to tell me he’s staying fit and I don’t care that I know he sucks at playing the trombone or water colors. Give him a C on PE, Music and Art and move him to next year, we have enough other stuff to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Currently know of 3 “pods,” personal friends involved, where the entire pods were infected, one in Orange County, CA, one in Sacramento, and one in Alameda County. Have a friend in Tallahassee that has been “podding” with no known infections (yet). Around me, I do not know of any pods that do not have at least one family that is a bit rogue to the pod behavior
    When you say “pods” does that mean nonsocial distancing, no mask, indoor interaction?

Covid and your kids

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Reptilian blood is immune.
    #sarc. In case we’ve lost humour

Hoping snowshow connection pulls through.
    That is actually the first funny thing you’ve posted in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    When you say “pods” does that mean nonsocial distancing, no mask, indoor interaction?
    Yes.

And speaking of pods, this may be the beginnings of a solution, https://48hills.org/2020/07/opinion-...-for-everyone/

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Have you submitted your findings to the CDC yet?
    I have...they didn't give a shit, much like me with covid

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    All I can think of when I hear pod is Tide. It's a bubble.

Any north Boston mags have small kids and want to bubble. We moved here last fall and my almost 4yo has been playing alone for 4 months. He was in daycare but my wife has health issues and is having surgery in October so we can’t risk that even if we could get a slot. The families we know from the daycare one got a slot and the other has a mom who works in the hospital so too high risk.
    We are starting to try to find a nanny but that is expensive as fuck right now and I worry about the little guy being alone for a full year.
    He is now scared whenever someone comes close to him and refuses to wear a mask so we stay far away from everyone. I am working half time and dad the rest so my wife can sleep and about to loose my shit.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Any north Boston mags have small kids and want to bubble. We moved here last fall and my almost 4yo has been playing alone for 4 months. He was in daycare but my wife has health issues and is having surgery in October so we can’t risk that even if we could get a slot. The families we know from the daycare one got a slot and the other has a mom who works in the hospital so too high risk.
    We are starting to try to find a nanny but that is expensive as fuck right now and I worry about the little guy being alone for a full year.
    He is now scared whenever someone comes close to him and refuses to wear a mask so we stay far away from everyone. I am working half time and dad the rest so my wife can sleep and about to loose my shit.
    Oh man.

I guess it’s a risk / reward scenario. You’ve got to socialize the little guy and with that comes some risk.

If he’s scared of people I’d say the scales are tipped and you need to take a chance, you’ll likely be fine.

Man that sucks.

This isolation makes duck and cover seem like child’s play

The mental health effects are worse than the virus
    . . .

Herman Cain may disagree if he could.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

yes, seek help brotha! You seem really stressed.

Covid and your kids

I agree. The term, “bubble,” adds to the potential delicacy of the grouping.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 07-31-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Me too.

So delicious

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Herman Cain may disagree if he could.
    Doubt it. He was way more religious than I am.
    He lived a long life.
    We all die.

Do we all die a little bit each day on our knees?
    Or do a small tenths percent die while we all stand on our feet?
    . . .