Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1080
    also, severity of infection for dumbass and the rest of unvaxed family could have been more severe if wife/mom had not been vaxed... she could have been shedding more and exposing the family to higher viral load if she wasn't vaxed. at least that's what the data is supposedly showing.

Heh, you called him a dumbass. Heh.

It seems fitting

This seems like a helpful guide for risk assessments related to unvaxed kids.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...M5xNXmaizGys3A

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    This seems like a helpful guide for risk assessments related to unvaxed kids.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...M5xNXmaizGys3A
    Thanks for sharing. Seems like a good guide.

Covid and your kids

Got the school district letter today….starting Monday…mandatory masks for all staff, students indoors/on buses to ensure “another” year of in-school instruction. We start school on September 7th.

Good decision….did it all last year/might as well do it all over again.

*Our nurses are going to be administering COVID tests for staff and students to help mitigate spread…..This is a really good initiative to keep our schools open again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Got the school district letter today….starting Monday…mandatory masks for all staff, students indoors/on buses to ensure “another” year of in-school instruction. We start school on September 7th.

Good decision….did it all last year/might as well do it all over again.
    Our kid's school district announced mandatory masks two days before school started (which was just this past Wednesday). I'm glad and am hopeful that it allows full in-person to be successful.

Covid and your kids

testing of all staff and students at schools in addition to other mitigation requirements seems like a really good idea. in addition to improving safety of others at the school, it can help understand and mitigation infection in the larger community.
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 08-20-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Daughter's school did 702 tests on the first day and got 702 negatives. They're basically 100% vaxed, so maybe not a surprise--and they still have to be masked indoors. Hopefully they can keep this up.
    [quote][//quote]

California is rolling out an Outbreak Response Team to the main High School in my area. Every kid that attends the school has to show up tomorrow (Saturday) and provide proof of full immunization or take an antigen test. The high school district (there’s 5 schools) is also enrolled in a surveillance testing program with an unclear start date because the state is backlogged. Second worst covid outbreak in California right now per capita.

First day of school tomorrow…..Should be interesting/lots of angry families with our mask mandate in place.

Administration gonna be busy….

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Daughter's school did 702 tests on the first day and got 702 negatives. They're basically 100% vaxed, so maybe not a surprise--and they still have to be masked indoors. Hopefully they can keep this up.
    100% vaxxed and you want them to keep up the mask wearing.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    100% vaxxed and you want them to keep up the mask wearing.
    Yes. You haven't been part attention if you disagree.

My kid's fully vaxed and still opted to wear the mask at the outdoor OU Sooners game. Okies have banned mask mandates but he wears one most places beyond his single dorm room anyway. I was kinda surprised to see he wore one at the outdoor game. But, he was sitting right next to the marching band so lots of exhaled air bombarding him from those hundred or two kids belting out Boomer Sooner all day. He might have been the only one there wearing a mask LOL..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My kid's fully vaxed and still opted to wear the mask at the outdoor OU Sooners game. Okies have banned mask mandates but he wears one most places beyond his single dorm room anyway. I was kinda surprised to see he wore one at the outdoor game. But, he was sitting right next to the marching band so lots of exhaled air bombarding him from those hundred or two kids belting out Boomer Sooner all day. He might have been the only one there wearing a mask LOL..
    I was the only person wearing a mask at my son's HS soccer game on Friday. Including my wife. The folks at the enterance were wearing them so I masked up immediately in solidarity and no way was I gonna sit packed in the bleachers without one.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I was the only person wearing a mask at my son's HS soccer game on Friday. Including my wife. The folks at the enterance were wearing them so I masked up immediately in solidarity and no way was I gonna sit packed in the bleachers without one.
    It's scary enough hearing about breakthrough cases where like 10 people on the same team all vaxed get breakthrough cases. Ya, not hospital level cases. I do think those scenarios raise legit questions on the actual number of breakthrough cases out in society with people who aren't testing regularly like those sports teams are. I think the latest now is that you are only five times more likely to catch it as unvaxed.. one in five chance of getting it where unvaxed get it for sure. But being 30 times less likely to get really sick is the real win there.. I'm still wearing a mask around other people and avoiding some indoor crowd scenarios where possible.

Just dropped off our kindergartner for his first day of school, mandatory masks for all the kids. We homeschooled last year and let's just say I'm not doing that again. We started talking up school weeks ago. He was excited all the way up until we got there, then shifted to he didn't want to go, wouldn't get out of the car, refused to put his mask on, etc. The school wouldn't allow any parents in the building. I finally talked the principal into letting me take him into the classroom (I wore a mask and am fully vaccinated). He reluctantly agreed but said I had to wait until all the other people were gone so nobody would see. I pulled it off but fuck it was hard leaving him there. Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Just dropped off our kindergartner for his first day of school, mandatory masks for all the kids. We homeschooled last year and let's just say I'm not doing that again. We started talking up school weeks ago. He was excited all the way up until we got there, then shifted to he didn't want to go, wouldn't get out of the car, refused to put his mask on, etc. The school wouldn't allow any parents in the building. I finally talked the principal into letting me take him into the classroom (I wore a mask and am fully vaccinated). He reluctantly agreed but said I had to wait until all the other people were gone so nobody would see. I pulled it off but fuck it was hard leaving him there. Hopefully tomorrow goes better.
    It probably wont go well for a few weeks at least, and get ready to go through it again next year. It will eventually get better though! Best thing to do is get them in, get attention of a teacher and bail. They'll stop crying like a minute after you leave. They're just manipulative bastards! Remember you are brand new to this but these teachers have seen this before - A LOT. They know what to do.

Dropped off my Grade 2 and Grade 4 kids today. Easy peasy - they were outside 30 minutes early ready to go despite saying they "aren't excited." Every single student, teacher, parent outside wearing a mask for the big drop off day. The kids are awesome at following rules and being responsible - I just wish more adults would learn from them!

No doubt the little dude has my number.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Now that’s good dad’ing there.

I’m lucky enough to have kept my kid in montessori school an extra year to avoid home schooled kindergarten. Kids in my area are so good with masks, just part of the routine. Kids don’t give a shit and are way tougher than their whiney parents.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I can't say for sure that I'd send my kids to school unvaccinated now that vaccinated people are also getting infected and shedding while asymptomatic. I might be good with older kids, like 3rd grade and up where they are mature enough to be vigilant with the mask. Little kids in K or pre K no way. Not with the Delta variant wild pitch we are getting hit with.

I can't say for sure that I'd send my kids to school unvaccinated now that vaccinated people are also getting infected and shedding while asymptomatic. I might be good with older kids, like 3rd grade and up where they are mature enough to be vigilant with the mask. Little kids in K or pre K no way. Not with the Delta variant wild pitch we are getting hit with.
    Yeah, it sucks - but so does the alternative. Just gotta hope we can dodge this thing until the winter, when hopefully the little ones will be able to get a vaccine.

kids have still proven pretty resilient no? I mean I have seen an uptick with Delta, but still low compared to adults.

My kids went back last week Wed-Fri, then the holidays, they go back again tomorrow. Both schools masking, attempting some outside tent based learning while the weather is still good. 8 and 13 yr olds....boys pretty excited, daughter not showing it but shes excited too. Both got lucky to have a bunch of close friends in their classes. Hoping for a good year with no real issues.

Our kids are starting week 3 of in person school, we seem to start a bit earlier than other states. 1st, 3rd and 6th graders, fully masked all day along with all school employees. No complaining on the masks and everyone is happy to be back in school, similar to last year’s school year no issues thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    kids have still proven pretty resilient no? I mean I have seen an uptick with Delta, but still low compared to adults.
    Having lost our first kid at birth, I can say with certainty I would hot have risked sending a pre k or K kid to public school unvaxed in this environment. If I could be sure they'd be in at least a KN95 mask 100% of the time around other people all good. 8 years old is probably mature enough. No way in hell that 4 or 5 is..