Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44
Results 1,076 to 1,080 of 1080
    What’s your solution?

Week one of school, one high school had 71 positive cases their first week of school with a large (not disclosed) number of other students and teachers in quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Yep, that's the thing with public health - you can't separate the individual from the populace in terms of risk management very well, and things like vaccines only shine when you get that wide adoption to stamp out the sinks of the virus.
    As far as kids - are you going to sign up for your kid to be the 1 out of 100k that will die? No? Masking is very easy and when it's universal it's all kids on even footing. Once every kid is vaccinated in the school and this surge dies down, you can relax things.
    what is your point here? 1 out of 100K is about the death for the vaxx , so are you saying no the the vax for your kid but in the next sentence having every kid vaxxed , but just not your kid?? or is 1 out of 100K or .001% the death rate for kids from infection?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    As far as kids - are you going to sign up for your kid to be the 1 out of 100k that will die? No?
    Dude, fuckin' right I am. 0.001% chance of death for something that is greatly beneficial to overall health? You can't get better odds than that. Probably have a bigger chance of dying from eating a salad. Anyone'd be kinda stupid not to.

I fasten long plastic sticks to their feet and let them slide down a frozen hill as fast as they want, after riding some contraption 50' in the air that's being run by stoned 17 year olds. All day long. And you think I'd even consider being afraid of a 1/100,000 chance? PUHLEEEASE

I mean, it is unfortunate and undeserving for those who must experience such trauma, and my heart does go out to them. But yes we are most definitely taking those odds here.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Dude, fuckin' right I am. 0.001% chance of death for something that is greatly beneficial to overall health? You can't get better odds than that. Probably have a bigger chance of dying from eating a salad. Anyone'd be kinda stupid not to.

I fasten long plastic sticks to their feet and let them slide down a frozen hill as fast as they want, after riding some contraption 50' in the air that's being run by stoned 17 year olds. All day long. And you think I'd even consider being afraid of a 1/100,000 chance? PUHLEEEASE

I mean, it is unfortunate and undeserving for those who must experience such trauma, and my heart does go out to them. But yes we are most definitely taking those odds here.
    Yes.

Well said.
    I thought we were gnar skiers here, not namby pamby bubble wrap nerds.

Science.
    Statistics.
    Trust in data. Fuck media paranoia.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I fasten long plastic sticks to their feet and let them slide down a frozen hill as fast as they want, after riding some contraption 50' in the air that's being run by stoned 17 year olds. All day long.
    Love this description of differential parental risk taking.

But if your kids skis are plastic I think that's a whole other thread..