Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gloves with knuckle/finger protection

My preferred bar width and some of our tree gaps just don't mix very well, and when usual pinpoint accuracy is off a few mm it's wrecking havoc on my already fragile digits. Who is making a glove with knuckle/finger protection that a) is of the d3o style flexible variety so I don't end up with an awkward feel, b) part of a glove that is otherwise fairly minimalist (no palm padding) and hot weather friendly and c)actually extends far enough along the length of the fingers to be useful ?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I got just the glove for you.

Leatt DBX gloves have knuckle protection and the Nanogrip is pretty awesome while being paper thin.

Expensive!

I find them to be tight fitting so check your size carefully. I got used to it but I notice when I switch back and forth with Troy Lee gloves

X2 on leatt. Not perfect, but the best I've used in terms of padding. At least for me, 90% of what matters is the padding on the pinky. Inboard fingers are usually fine. Lots of padded gloves don't actually cover the pinky all that well, and therefore are kinda useless.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    X2 on leatt. Not perfect, but the best I've used in terms of padding. At least for me, 90% of what matters is the padding on the pinky. Inboard fingers are usually fine. Lots of padded gloves don't actually cover the pinky all that well, and therefore are kinda useless.
    Yeah the lack of pinky padding on an otherwise padded glove just baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I got just the glove for you.

Leatt DBX gloves have knuckle protection and the Nanogrip is pretty awesome while being paper thin.

Expensive!

I find them to be tight fitting so check your size carefully. I got used to it but I notice when I switch back and forth with Troy Lee gloves
    The 3.0 or 4.0? The 4.0 obvious looks like more protection, tough to tell from pics if the 3.0's pinky protection would be sufficient though.

Edit: Nevermind. Leatt is pretty clear about the 3.0 and lighter models as only having "brush guards" and not true knuckle protection.

I've always liked the Dakine Cross-X. Great compromise of protection, palm padding, and cool (temp). They also wear pretty well.
    Bonus is that the touch screen thing actually works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

I just got some Leatt 4.0 gloves this year, as well as a bunch more protective gear from Leatt.. my experience with their stuff is it's really well designed. I went off their size chart and they are a bit snug but fit well. They even tossed a free hat into my order so of course I'm a fan now

Leatt stuff is super nice. I got a moto helmet (not carbon) and it is much better than your standard Fox, Bell, etc.

For years I’ve been checking out various gloves to obtain the nirvana Radam is after, and the Leatt DBX 2.0 has been The Chosen One for me. https://www.backcountry.com/leatt-dbx-2.0-x-flow-glove.

I’ve been getting them for $25 or so. Big thumbs up.

Look into dirtbike gloves. Some of them are as thin as mtb gloves, and usually available for $10. Others are super burly with knuckle protection that can be quite stiff. I'm using these lately on the moto. Available from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.Name:  15893457129960.jpeg
Views: 1290
Size:  58.3 KB

Sent from my LG-US998 using TGR Forums mobile app
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

D3O is a good material. The rest of those gloves look like oven mitt material. $30 gloves are the sweet spot IMO.

I used to rock dirtbike gloves at Nstar or Mammoth but they’re all kinda hot to wear for actual biking.

The Leatts are wearable on warm days, which for me is pretty much a first for any full fingered gloves.

Heavy smokers or women or guys that get cold hands may feel differently

Ask Favre about these: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3859.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	274.7 KB 
ID:	328424

Seriously, ask him. I’m actually curious if they work. He and Jerry Rice seem to be killing it on the field with the back brace thingy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I've been pretty happy with the Giro Remedy X2, looks like it meets all your requirements. https://www.giro.com/p/remedy-x2-dow...200000023.html

These come highly recommended.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Here’s the dumbest person on tgr
    "What are you trying to say? I'm crazy? When I went to your ski schools, I went on your church trips, I went to your alpine race-training facilities? So how can you say I'm crazy?!"

FYI, the knuckle padding on the Leatts will peal off eventually.

The padding on my Leatt gloves are under the fabric. Never will peel off.

Gloves with knuckle/finger protection

Knuckle pro is essential for me. Used to like the Fox Unabomber but they didn’t last, and they don’t make them anymore. Been liking the POC Resistance Pro lately. Spendy but high quality and comfy, been tough so far. Disappointed there’s a gap in the padding between the knuckles on the fingers but they’re still pretty good.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

The padding on my Leatt gloves are under the fabric. Never will peel off.
    Which ones do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by radam View Post
    Which ones do you have?

DBX 3 has the padding under the fabric

DBX 3 has the padding under the fabric
    So that's in addition to the two plastic/rubber pads shown in the product pic?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dbx_gloves__0038_leatt_glove_dbx3.0_lite_blk_frontright_6020003200.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	328867

Yes.

It is so hard to find any significant knuckle+finger protection on a glove that still has a single layer palm. You can find protection if you compromise the palms, but otherwise you can only find mostly decorative protection. Or you can pay POC $100 for a set of gloves.

I've had POC, Giro, Specialized, and others... it's hard to find anything these days. Protecting the hands while still feeling the bars and not having a bunch of multilayer palm material bunch up and cause blisters at the MCP joints is just not in vogue apparently. I might put the handguards back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Mechanix gloves, they got dozens of styles but these have the right thickness of leatehr & protection FOR ME and they come on sale at canuck tire often , this pair has couple of years on it

Name:  mechanix gloves.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  93.6 KB

a new pair
    Name:  mechanix gloves2.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  100.4 KB
    if you have bike/ ski/ state -your-glove-of-choice coming apart try fixing with AQS, notice i put it on the palm/fingertips before the glove was completely fucked, I have previously covered use-of-AQS in another thread
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-18-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    It is so hard to find any significant knuckle+finger protection on a glove that still has a single layer palm. You can find protection if you compromise the palms, but otherwise you can only find mostly decorative protection. Or you can pay POC $100 for a set of gloves.

I've had POC, Giro, Specialized, and others... it's hard to find anything these days. Protecting the hands while still feeling the bars and not having a bunch of multilayer palm material bunch up and cause blisters at the MCP joints is just not in vogue apparently. I might put the handguards back on.
    It's been covered a bunch in here, but my Leatt's have the thinest palm of any glove I own, and the padding is fairly legit. Mine are the old version, but they're roughly similar to the current DBX 4.0