Thread: roller coaster

roller coaster

looking for nominees for the best long rippled roller coaster run, lots of long curved rolly cordouroy.
    ... and go!
    Growing up I was a very technical skier at a tiny ski hill, now when I go back, I just take the whole thing in ... with flexion, then extension. And yeah I am over it.

Name:  going-down_1447161i.jpg
Views: 2049
Size:  73.3 KB

RIP SOLAR COASTER

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

whats the plan if the bindings release ??? what's the plan if they don't????
    Growing up I was a very technical skier at a tiny ski hill, now when I go back, I just take the whole thing in ... with flexion, then extension. And yeah I am over it.

theres a run in Les Menuires called Jerusalem that had some amazing rollers. Thats based on a 15 year old memory though so maybe im wrong.

of love
    watch out for snakes

Snowbasin and Jackson come to mind to me for cattrack senders and of course the venerable Chips run at snowbird. I also want to say there were some prime rollers at Big Mountain, now Whitefish? Maybe even a short designated run? It was a long time ago..

International at CB has a couple great launchers

I mean, it's been so long since I rolled it, but what about Mr K at Big Sky? Always sticks out in my mind. I would imagine it's a straightline, now, but as a lower level skier, it's pretty awesome.

roller coaster

Cedar Point Ohio used to be my go to coaster spot. I used wait like 3hrs to grab front seat on the Magnum.

The MeanStreak was a great wooden coaster there too, thing would rip.

Not a chance I have that kind of patience anymore.

Wait. So we’re talking about skiing runs? Christ on the cross.

Skiing huh? I remember that.
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by AK47bp; 05-14-2020 at 03:42 PM.

While the Solar Coaster lift is gone (RIP) , Ross's Gold and Springboard at Blackcomb are my go to run for those types of groomers. Tough to beat the early laps on Solar with a bit of fresh over the cord before the upper mountain opens.

Revelstoke would win this deal if they didn’t cut cat tracks through every groomer every 200’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

SilverStar in B.C. is a lot bigger than it was 30 years ago but I do recall a green run with a lot of roll-over bumps. Late day, fast cruise, few skiers so skied above it's "green" designation with negative G's off the tops. Curious about the place now that it's 200% bigger? Best Goulash ever at some European themed restaurant in the village.

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Snowbasin and Jackson come to mind to me for cattrack senders and of course the venerable Chips run at snowbird. I also want to say there were some prime rollers at Big Mountain, now Whitefish? Maybe even a short designated run? It was a long time ago..
    Hoback roller was good for big air back in the day.
    Blind landing, so ideally you needed a spotter. But mostly no, just sendy.

And Moran roller on AV. Holee fuk
    With the double chair you knew there was likely no one below

Good times.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by L82thegate View Post
    SilverStar in B.C. is a lot bigger than it was 30 years ago but I do recall a green run with a lot of roll-over bumps. Late day, fast cruise, few skiers so skied above it's "green" designation with negative G's off the tops. Curious about the place now that it's 200% bigger? Best Goulash ever at some European themed restaurant in the village.
    There was a run I think it was called Sundance there that I remember just lapping one afternoon over and over and over. Same sort of deal, rollers, nobody on it, and there was one cat track cutting through that you could get some quality air off of. The snow was just perfect that day. 20 years ago I don't remember the exact deets. It was a blue though.