Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    It is good to have a style
    My style is a little less coffee shop and a little more 2-stroke oil. To each their own.
    People have weird tastes in shoes. I spend a lot of time on my feet and I either wear trail runners or shit kickers...but that's me.

I'm on like my tenth pair of Merrell Moab Vents. Basically hiking sneakers. I want to get some sort of cross trainer or low- or mid-cut hoops shoes, anybody have a recco for me?

too fly for this white guy

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I did-that's why I put "work" in parenthesis. Whites and Wolverines and many others made their name in blue collar work boots. Now they're taking style dollars too.

In my second link above, you'll see plenty of style options you wouldn't chop wood in. Unless you're you're a model selling overpriced flannels. Good company, lots of handmade styles. Only reason I posted a pic of mine was to show that Whites, and I'm assuming 1000 miles, can be worn a ton and still look good after a lot of years. The style you choose is up to you. My style is a little less coffee shop and a little more 2-stroke oil. To each their own. Here's a White you might be interested in based on what you've said. Not poking fun with that statement.

are you paying 600. for your White "boots" ?

Thanks. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    IT and one shoe to do it all? Why didn't you say so. A black, square, bicycle-toe is what you want.

Crying.... I remember just out of college when some dude who was “killing it” in some shit sales job was sporting those things. “ I’m looking for good people to join my team”.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    are you paying 600. for your White "boots" ?

Thanks. skiJ
    I paid $380 for a custom built pair of Smokejumpers for work in ‘98. Used them for work until about ‘05 working in the metal shop for the family cattle hauling business. Then wore them a few times a year for cutting wood and random projects. Oiled them religiously. My feet changed over the years to a buddy who is flight nurse. They were still in really good shape. He wears them for work when he’s in a spot to get called out to rural stuff like mountain rescues and lonely highway car accidents.

The pair in the pic was around $350 custom to my foot 6ish years ago and wear them a lot. Didn’t look at the prices when posting the link but they’ve certainly come up in pricing.

Sorry for the long story. Testifying to their durability. $400ish seemed really good for the years out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by philth View Post
    Crying.... I remember just out of college when some dude who was “killing it” in some shit sales job was sporting those things. “ I’m looking for good people to join my team”.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    You mean the guy that had curated collection of Dillard’s vertical striped button ups?

Danner is hit or miss these days but my do it all boots are their Rain Forrest. Cut wood or work on the shop in them but I can clean them up and wear them to trade shows, etc. Stupid comfortable all day.

https://www.danner.com/men/usa-made/...t-8-brown.html

Check out Frye, they last forever, variety of styles and you can get them at Nordstromrack for 50% off
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by timeo View Post
    Check out Frye, they last forever, variety of styles and you can get them at Nordstromrack for 50% off
    They used to make killer cowboy boots.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by timeo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    They used to make killer cowboy boots.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Used to being the operative word. The vast vast majority of Frye boots now are made with glued construction no better than any other brand, often without full grain leather. It's not surprising you find them at Nordstrom Rack for 50%. They are made for there.

Comparing Frye to something like Nicks or Whites is like comparing a foam core rental ski to a Kastle.

My 3 year old Red Wing Heritage boots. These are my go to hiking boots. I think this style is called the Roughneck. Moc toe with Vibram lug sole. Love them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3078.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	328748

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I buy a new pair of Blundstone 550s every couple of years, and wear them pretty much every day. Laces are for suckers.

Are you in Nelson? Seems like everyone in town there wears them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m with Conundrum re: Whites. I wore these to work for over 30 years. YMMV
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1FB1003A-61F9-443A-87FF-9D3EAA930792.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	416.3 KB 
ID:	328774

But the OP should check out Whites MPs or Semi Dress models.

I was super skeptical of blundstones. Got a pair in December and have worn them every day since including travel for tons of walking (pre covid). They are dam right comfy and I’m totally sold.

I rock redwing supersole 2.0 goretex boots for work and have been super happy with them for ~15 years through 3 pairs.