Quality replacement battery for iPhone 6s ?

Anyone here have good luck with a iPhone replacement battery ? I sourced one from Amazon and it's failing after about a month and seems like most of them seem all over the place with reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Anyone here have good luck with a iPhone replacement battery ? I sourced one from Amazon and it's failing after about a month and seems like most of them seem all over the place with reviews.
    I always just take it to the local fixit guy. He does it in like 5 min for like $75. Seems as good as original a year later for my daughter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I always just take it to the local fixit guy. He does it in like 5 min for like $75. Seems as good as original a year later for my daughter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Too cheap to pay someone and with 3 kids and wife I have replaced quite a few phone batteries and screen s. Just looking for a quality battery since the own I replaced about a month ago seems to be shutting the bed.

I know you want diy, but doesn’t apple still replace the 6s batteries for cheap? It used to be ~29 but I think it’s gone up but less than

Buy it online and manually setup battery in home!

I got one from a Ifixit for a iPhone 8 that seams to be working well.

My father in laws took a crap 2 month ago, should have been a warranty but apple said it would be 1-2 months for repair . Verizon told us tough luck.... awesome customer service in a crazy time....
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

iPhone 8 has a higher capacity battery and more efficient processor to start with . . . while even the Apple warranty replacement on the 6S wouldn't take a ski picture at 11 months. Unfortunately no economical answer for OP, though.

6S has crap battery life. If you’ve been continuing to update the OS it just can’t manage the demands of the software.

My wife couldn’t get through a full day of work with a brand new battery from the Apple store. We finally broke down and got an XR and she can go 2 days between charges. It’s just no contest.

That model was no bueno.

I like the 6s for a basic phone and upgrading is expensive (no contract). Got battery replaced by the Apple store when the $29 settlement deal was still on. After about 1 year, the Apple battery was done. I used Facetime a fair amount, and that clearly uses a ton of CPU and wears the battery down, even if the phone is plugged in, so I'm not complaining. But I have now tried a couple of $9-10 replacement batteries from ebay and they have been fairly crap from the start, running down when the phone is just sitting without me actually touching it, let alone Facetime.

So, I would pay a little more for a non-shit battery even if it only lasts 6 months, or a year. Maybe ifixit is the answer - their battery is $25. I just don't want to find out it's exactly the same thing. OTOH I could justify giving ifixit $25 since their site is incredibly useful.

I am starting to believe that my Touch ID flakiness is a result of ribbon cable damage, when I replaced the battery on my 6s.

Or it is a marketing strategy to sell 11’s.

iPhone 8 is a bomber upgrade (new SE might be as well), mine runs 3 days with normal use, but it's not "free." I needed a full day plus reserve battery life for a couple trips to Europe where I was relying heavily on WhatsApp and Google Maps, and it was worth it for the peace of mind.

I think it would be better if you just purchase a new phone.

Did a 2225mah NOHON battery for a 6s from amazon last October and it’s been running strong, still shows 100% but I just checked and it’s no longer available on Amazon but you might find one on eBay?

Careful taking the screen off, I accidentally ripped the digitizer from its frame. The 6s has some glue or tar like substance between the Aluminum body and screen frame. My phone case has been holding everything together since then

I struggled with battery issues on a three-year-old model Samsung and ultimately found an unopened, same model phone on eBay that was more economical than trying to buy a battery and either risk opening the phone or pay the fee for a place to do it. Didn't need any fancy upgrades, just needed a phone that worked. Spend the saved money on skis....
    Originally Posted by jm2e:
    To be a JONG is no curse in these unfortunate times. 'Tis better that than to be alone.