Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Gnarly clay, if you are in the back and it rains hard you are waiting or walking. If you drive back to the bottom of Neversweat and it rains you are most definitely waiting.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

So, I know it’s a bit early, but do any of you yokels have an estimate on when CC will be dry and rideable?
    Needing a banana belt around now...one month? Two weeks? (Obviously depending on weather)
    Gracias!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, I know it’s a bit early, but do any of you yokels have an estimate on when CC will be dry and rideable?
    Needing a banana belt around now...one month? Two weeks? (Obviously depending on weather)
    Gracias!
    Last year it looks like I started riding regularly out there in mid-April. I bet it's pretty wet right now, but might not be too long if this warm weather continues. If you follow coppercitytrails on instagram, they're pretty good about posting updates when it's ready to go. When it's wet, the dirt out there is super greasy mud!

5 days ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156531729_2209580349179279_117778492317511096_o.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	366625

It has melted some.

From SWMBA

We know what you’re thinking. But no, it’s a complete slop fest out here.
    We got a fair amount of flak last year for mud-shaming people who were trashing the trails. Let’s talk about this-
    These are not our trails. The Southwest Montana Mountain Bike Association paid for them and donated thousands of hours of their (volunteer) time to make it happen. But these trails are an asset of the Federal Bureau of Land Management. And they’re on public land. These are your trails to either love or trash. We did sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the BLM that puts the maintenance on us.
    There is a ton of clay out here, which has a lot more to do with particle size than it does mineral content. It turns to a deep muck when it’s wet. (Montanans refer to it as gumbo clay). Once your tracks and footprints dry up, it turns into concrete. It’s a real pain to fix, and our volunteers would rather build berms than repair damage.
    So please help us out and be patient. It’s going to be a few weeks until (some of) the trails are dry. We will continue to update here. If there isn’t a recent update, then assume things haven’t changed since the last post. We have a special agent in 3Frks who checks it out often.
    It won’t be long now. Get your rides tuned up and get ready!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Similar conditions in Helena. Scratchgravels will be the first to open, but they’re wet at the moment.

Got it. I had fantasies...I got skunked by melted clay last weekend in Green River, WY, so I thought I would ask around. See y’all in April!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I hear Billings trails are good to go. Never even ridden there, but I am jonesing. Rim trails?