Need Durable weather resistant adhesive pads

Only need 4-8 of 1” thickness in 2X2” squares. But really size is not exact.

It will be attached to plastic on adhesive side and then be padding to not have plastic scratch back panel of car. But it’s going to be outside in weather summer and winter and wonder what’s out there that’s more durable than standard felt pads.

Ok flame away

Plus it’s indoor staycation

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I don't quite understand what you are describing, are you putting these directly on a kayak or something or the vehicle itself?

Have you looked into adhesive weather strip options?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yea I'm confused, but I imagine it's something like your subaru tailgate auto-opens into roof box?

I got a roll of weather stripping to make ski crampons work better in the mid riser and have stuck it to various other things things since then (actionpacker tote, cheapo target mirror, msr fuel bottle). I've been pleased with its stickiness and durability.

Yeah I think we’re good based on these ideas. One was bottom of cargo box to protect tailgate and on application is back of license plate holder to protect tailgate. That weather stripping stuff lasted on the bottom of my last box. Maybe try to find local at harbor freight or auto zone. Any other ideas?

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

2021/2022 (13/15)

McMaster is'nt always the cheapest but they have a huge variety of stuff. I can pretty much always find what I need from them.
    https://www.mcmaster.com/adhesive-back-foam
    https://www.mcmaster.com/adhesive-back-rubber
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

lowe's/home depot, although they might not have the 2" wide model

my buddy had the trunk lid hitting his thule box, he just ran a strip of electrician tapes on the trunk lid right on the paint of the car where the lid would contact the box, it was dark green and pretty much un-noticable
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

up vote for mcmaster. life changing supplier of tinkering material.

I found some left over car door seal I had from previous work. Seems like a good solution for now. Plan to to use that for cargo box also. Seems durable and flexible and should withstand elements

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?

2021/2022 (13/15)

You can also shift the mounting of the rocket box a bit forward to try and avoid that issue altogether. I had to drill two holes evenly spaced from the end of the pattern to shift the box mount forward. It had no structural implications for my box and I've used it stuffed to the gills for over 15 years.

If you find closed-cell foam you like, you can use bomber double-sided tape like this or this.

Car dealers and customizers use this stuff to attach emblems and trim.

Check your owners manual if you have a powered rear hatch. On my Hyundai the lift height of the hatch is programmable.