Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

[QUOTE=doebedoe;5979043]We aren't assuming jack. Read a damn article from a reputable news source. It's in the police report.[/]

You have a whole narrative all loaded up, complete with all the backstories and the internal thoughts and motivations of everyone involved and everything that you think took place but isn’t on the footage, but you’re not assuming anything.

This deal where you think you know the entire case from the news and a shitty quality no-context youtube clip, and you’re now the judgejuryexecutioner, you’re going to mob up with the pitchforks and hang these guys in the town square....it’s literally exactly the same problematic overreaction you accuse them of. If they should have been patient and avoided jumping to conclusions, so should you.

^here! Here!

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Actually i do know. Because I can read articles from reliable news sources like the NYtimes who reported on the contents of the police report and 911 calls leading up to event.
    Lol @ NYT being reputable. They have blown every major story over the past 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    I didn’t see him being cornered or in immediate danger when he attacked. That’s where the problem is going arise.
    All I see in the video is a fight, then a shooting.

It’s obvious who was fighting, who fired, and who was shot. Everything else is a bunch of speculation.

it was fucking murder!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Yeah, and cali has 53 house representatives and wyoming has 1.

Did you miss that part of american history class where they taught you about our bicameral legislature? And why the founding fathers thought that it was a “great compromise”?
    The g;reat compromise and the 2 senators per state were about protecting slavery and the the slave states, since the slave states were underpopulated with eligible voters. Like wise the makeup of the electoral college. They feared that if both houses of the legislature had proportional representation Congress would abolish slavery. 233 years later and we are still paying the price for that disaster and will continue to do so for as long as anyone can see.

Ill--you seriously need to read and watch more about this case if you want to have an opinion. There is more video than what you've seen. There are statements from the local police to the effect that the murderers were chasing a robbery suspect--not someone they thought was a robbery suspect. There is no evidence of that whatsoever. The kid liked to run. He was running in his neighborhood. The murderers were from the next town over.

As far as a fight--2 white guys in a pickup truck chase a black guy down the street, cut him off, and get out with guns. These weren't cops were the victim might have had a chance to live if he raised his hands or laid down on the pavement. Kid figured he was going to get shot so he did the best he could to defend himself. Only in the movies does the unarmed hero take on 2 guys with guns and win.

You're normally a pretty level headed guy but you need to rethink this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    We aren't assuming jack. Read a damn article from a reputable news source. It's in the police report.
    You have a whole narrative all loaded up, complete with all the backstories and the internal thoughts and motivations of everyone involved and everything that you think took place but isn’t on the footage, but you’re not assuming anything.

This deal where you think you know the entire case from the news and a shitty quality no-context youtube clip, and you’re now the judgejuryexecutioner, you’re going to mob up with the pitchforks and hang these guys in the town square....it’s literally exactly the same problematic overreaction you accuse them of. If they should have been patient and avoided jumping to conclusions, so should you.
    Why haven't you responded to the fact the police report literally said these two got guns, and chased the person who was killed?

There should be a mob with pitchforks when someone is chased, confronted, and killed in broad daylight while not actively committing a crime by armed vigilantes. And those two walk free for months afterwards.

Pretending that my actions are "the exactly the same problematic overaction you accuse them of" is such insufferable bullshit. I'm correcting a false narrative on the internet. Not killing someone after chasing them down.

For the record...

I’m so sick of innocent black people being murdered, constantly...and I find the whole narrative totally believable...I just take it with a grain of salt.

If those guys hunted an innocent kid down, and I do find that believable, fuck them up and down...and fuck everyone like them.

All I’m saying is it’s a good thing we don’t convict people of crimes based on social media outrage, because criticism and fairness go completely by the wayside in these windups. That’s all.

forget about convictions for a second, did these guys even have to go down to the station?

it just doesn’t look like the same justice system that the minor in rikers committed suicide over for allegedly stealing a backpack.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Ew. What a pair of cooties.
    Name:  C4271371-DB2C-41C5-8B43-016A5721B7DC.jpeg
Views: 1579
Size:  308.9 KB

I see the chase narrative in the police report.

For me, personally, I guess it’s just so fresh having had my statements to police twisted and regurgitated into their false narrative report...I’ll never trust police reports again.

Is the 911 call, or a transcript, posted somewhere?

Shit I watched it again. Didn’t want too. Dude was fully cornered. This is clearly murder.

I still have no faith that justice will be served

For fuck sake there's already a private FB group with over a thousand members supporting these two pieces of shit ^^^^^...

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...narmed-jogger/

“These 2 God-fearing men were only trying to protect their neighborhood. This area has had a string of break-ins and this man fit the description and did not comply with simple commands. Our hearts go out to the McMichael family in their time of need. Amen.”

Not comply with simple commands.....Fuck these mouthbreathers. Again, put em in general population and let it ride.......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Ew. What a pair of cooties.
    Name:  C4271371-DB2C-41C5-8B43-016A5721B7DC.jpeg
Views: 1579
Size:  308.9 KB

I see the chase narrative in the police report.

For me, personally, I guess it’s just so fresh having had my statements to police twisted and regurgitated into their false narrative report...I’ll never trust police reports again.

Is the 911 call, or a transcript, posted somewhere?
    Are you talking about the local police that tried to sweep this under the rug or the recent attention that is a result of a person being shot for taking a jog? It's hard to keep straight when you think the police are lying or telling the truth at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    For fuck sake there's already a private FB group with over a thousand members supporting these two pieces of shit ^^^^^...

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...narmed-jogger/

“These 2 God-fearing men were only trying to protect their neighborhood. This area has had a string of break-ins and this man fit the description and did not comply with simple commands. Our hearts go out to the McMichael family in their time of need. Amen.”

Not comply with simple commands.....Fuck these mouthbreathers. Again, put em in general population and let it ride.......
    Yep, the implicit assumption here is that a black guy should simply kowtow when white people tell him to do something.

These 2 God-fearing men were only trying to protect their neighborhood. This area has had a string of break-ins and this man fit the description and did not comply with simple commands. Our hearts go out to the McMichael family in their time of need. Amen.
    worst. prayer. ever.

Simple commands from two armed POS rednecks? Fuck this shit.

It would be just like a retired redneck cop to provoke a fight then shoot in “defense.”
    Fucking cops.

The whole thing stinks.
    This country is awful. These people are awful. The news is awful. The internet is awful. Fuck all of it. It’s a depressing shit sandwich.

I’m sorry if my arguments here seem like “hey let’s give these klansmen a break”....it’s not that. I just have some raw nerves when it comes to police and the criminal justice system and the way the media and culture handle that stuff.

Whatever the details, known or unknown, I hope this is the last time this ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Shit I watched it again. Didn’t want too. Dude was fully cornered. This is clearly murder.

I still have no faith that justice will be served
    I am so glad to hear you say that, because I was about to call you an idiot and worse for your last post, since he doesn't literally need to be cornered in a dead end alleyway; they had shotguns, not knives. I'm being idealistic that only a self-admitted white supremacist would see the video, read the other reported evidence, and STILL argue that these fuckers had a right to self defense. I'm optimistic that these guys will go to jail for a long time, and it's going to break my heart if somehow they get off on "self-defense".

and yeah, look at the photo of the murderers. I wouldn't be scared if I saw these hideous specimens openly brandishing weapons at a 2nd amendment rally, but if they chased after me and then cut me off while brandishing weapons, I'd be scared for my god damn life. if you pursue and corner someone with a shotgun without authority or evidence, you lose the right to self-defense, and it shouldn't be shocking that the victim might choose to fight for his life in this circumstance. I don't think there is any doubt who the aggressor is, legally speaking.

yeti, I have a general distaste for police too (for right or wrong), and clearly in this case the slimy south georgia police sided with the killers. yes, everyone deserves their day in court, but it's only going to get worse for the victims when they wind up in court.

These two rednecks will have top notch lawyers because this is seen as a “gun rights” issue.

Gonna be a tough one

I may be watching a shitty short version.
    Does anyone have a link to the longest-form, unedited raw version?
    Dude, he was jogging in the wrong neighborhood, the ex cop thought he looked like a burglar, and they chased him down with guns. That's not disputed.

Quote Originally Posted by LesterSmoove View Post
    I am so glad to hear you say that, because I was about to call you an idiot and worse for your last post, since he doesn't literally need to be cornered in a dead end alleyway; they had shotguns, not knives. I'm being idealistic that only a self-admitted white supremacist would see the video, read the other reported evidence, and STILL argue that these fuckers had a right to self defense. I'm optimistic that these guys will go to jail for a long time, and it's going to break my heart if somehow they get off on "self-defense".

and yeah, look at the photo of the murderers. I wouldn't be scared if I saw these hideous specimens openly brandishing weapons at a 2nd amendment rally, but if they chased after me and then cut me off while brandishing weapons, I'd be scared for my god damn life. if you pursue and corner someone with a shotgun without authority or evidence, you lose the right to self-defense, and it shouldn't be shocking that the victim might choose to fight for his life in this circumstance. I don't think there is any doubt who the aggressor is, legally speaking.

yeti, I have a general distaste for police too (for right or wrong), and clearly in this case the slimy south georgia police sided with the killers. yes, everyone deserves their day in court, but it's only going to get worse for the victims when they wind up in court.
    Brandishing a weapon is considered aggravated assault. If the victim had been legally armed he would have been well within his rights to deploy a weapon, in this case he just did whatever he could to fight for his life.
    Training for Alpental

Please, please, let there be a virus infestation in the jail they're in.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    result of a person being shot for taking a jog? It's hard to keep straight when you think the police are lying or telling the truth at this point.
    I don’t trust police reports. Any of them.

You say he was shot for taking a jog. I say he was shot for trying to fistfight guys with guns. That doesn’t mean it’s justifiable, it’s just a lot more accurate.

Whoever you are, whatever the situation, probably don’t try to fistfight a guy holding a gun on you.

I’ve been at gunpoint, by a hitch hiker, being ordered around. If I had been like “fuck this” and tried to fistfight the guy I probably wouldn’t be here. That doesn’t exonerate the guy....I’m just saying once the guns are out you probably shouldn’t try to fight your way out of it.

It would be just like a retired redneck cop to provoke a fight then shoot in “defense.”
    Fucking cops.

The whole thing stinks.
    This country is awful. These people are awful. The news is awful. The internet is awful. Fuck all of it. It’s a depressing shit sandwich.

I’m sorry if my arguments here seem like “hey let’s give these klansmen a break”....it’s not that. I just have some raw nerves when it comes to police and the criminal justice system and the way the media and culture handle that stuff.

Whatever the details, known or unknown, I hope this is the last time this ever happens.
    Appreciate the mea culpa that twisting in the wind you were doing applying your experience to these crackers was not an appealing look
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I don’t trust police reports. Any of them.

You say he was shot for taking a jog. I say he was shot for trying to fistfight guys with guns. That doesn’t mean it’s justifiable, it’s just a lot more accurate.

Whoever you are, whatever the situation, probably don’t try to fistfight a guy holding a gun on you.

I’ve been at gunpoint, by a hitch hiker, being ordered around. If I had been like “fuck this” and tried to fistfight the guy I probably wouldn’t be here. That doesn’t exonerate the guy....I’m just saying once the guns are out you probably shouldn’t try to fight your way out of it.
    Stop it!

If you applied the test of your situation to this then you would assume that the police report would be the most favorable to the podunks.
    When you run that police report through that test and it still looks like they ran him down and murdered him (based on my dental assessment of the video and reading the police report) then you are actually arguing in favor of the veracity of the police report

So stop it Yetimang!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?