Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    But by all means, I could be full of shit.
    [obvious joke is obvious] sounds like you would have been a great lawyer! [/ojio]
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Still trying to figure out what an "swj" is. Single white Jew, I guess.
    I'll take an idiot for $800, Alex!

Imagine being unintelligent enough that, given context, you are unable to decode two transposed letters! Vibes, bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    You should stick to defending Nazis
    I'm not defending a thing - just pointing out the hypocrisy of the social justice fruits (feel free to include yourself in this group if you feel it is appropriate) who see everything thru a racial lens by focusing on cherry picked narratives while turning a blind eye to systemic violence - just because those facts don't paint the picture you are wanting to present.

May 3rd - May 9th. Seventy (70) people shot in Chicago. 14 of them died. And this has been going on FOR YEARS. Where the fuck are all the threads where you morons rail on about this, ad nauseum? For some reason I'm not finding them on page 1?

Imagine being such an idiot that you can't distinguish between a lynching and gang violence.

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    May 3rd - May 9th. Seventy (70) people shot in Chicago. 14 of them died.
    Wholly irrelevant to this thread, weak assertion of the flawed fallacy of whataboutism. Or do you believe that black on black violence somehow makes it okay for white guys to hunt down an unarmed black guy and shoot him dead?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    your calling a murdered black man a retard right now.
    you should marinate on that for a fucking minute.
    No. no. no.
    I’m talking about the scenario of being confronted by armed men... like if you’re on a surf trip in Sinaloa, or in a business getting robbed, or some militia fuckwits confront you about running through their neighborhood...and how to best get out of that scenario alive. I think the posted point of view from the mseries troll jong that the best way to deal with that is to ignore commands and fight for your life is pure stupid, at least as a default approach (there’s a time and place for everything). So I said, to the mseries troll jong: go fistfight some guys with guns then, retard. See how it goes for you.

As far as Arbery and his fight response, I wrote what I think: I think his best shot at staying alive was to either sprint the fuck out of there or stop relax and submit, but also 2 really important buts:
    1) but we’ll never know what was said and who started the fight phase of the confrontation
    2) but regardless of anything else, the decisions he made were made fast and under huge duress, and the fight response is totally understandable to me. I could easily see myself making that mistake in that scenario.

The concept of of blame as a dichotomy between “blame” or “blameless” is a childish distortion of how human beings relate and behave in these kinds of incidents. All of this came up because the narrative of “he was shot for jogging” makes it seem like these guys were just hanging out all their lives waiting for a random black guy to run past. While possible, I guess, that seems cartoonishly far-fetched.

I think we’re going to find these parties had a history. I bet he’s known to cops and prosecutors in that small town. I bet stuff had been getting stolen and then this ex cop sees Arbery, who he knows, checking out the neighborhood and that’s what the confrontation was all about. Not “hey a black guy, let’s go hunt him down for jogging”

Still murder, it’s just a more personal and specific motive...not the “random black people can’t safely jog for fear of random white people hunting them for their blackness” narrative. Which imho makes more sense and should relieve at least a little of the anxiety about a world where white guys are sitting around with rifles just hoping a black guy runs past.

Ahmaud Arbery

Horrible situation all-around,

All around? Please do elaborate.

Per reporter who started investigating this before it went viral, a number of the locals “felt like Arbery got what he deserved”. $37 says no one is convicted of murder in this case. [edit-which is a miscarriage of justice IMO]

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000474223428

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    [obvious joke is obvious] sounds like you would have been a great lawyer! [/ojio]
    Or cop.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    All around? Please do elaborate.
    Everybody involved is scared, aggrieved, and pissed off. A young man is dead. A whole community is on edge. The family of the deceased is in some media struggle and the cops and prosecutors in that town are eating buckets of shit and they all (families, friends, cops, etc) have to still live there in that small insular town together with all their latent anger and grief, seeing each other in the grocery store and the gas station and the dmv and voting and at the stoplight, unless they all pull up roots and move...so this will fuck up everyone’s ability to feel relaxed and comfortable in their lives, in their communities.

Fucked up, all around. Massive shit sandwich for everyone who touches it.

Think about it this way: I’m not even involved and a bunch of you think I’m a terrible person now just for having discussed it in a different way than you. Imagine trying to live in that town, imagine being close to anybody involved on any side.

Cop? Literally every person who's ever met me would be laughing their ass off, for a multitude of reasons, at the idea I could ever be a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Cop? Literally every person who's ever met me would be laughing their ass off, for a multitude of reasons, at the idea I could ever be a cop.
    Well, in his defense, with a name like “Ted Striker” you’re either a pilot or a cop that’s fed up with the system and started taking matters into your own hands.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    . I bet stuff had been getting stolen.
    Not true. I posted earlier, only reported theft was from January 1, when one of the vigilantes had a loaded 9mm pistol stolen out of his unlocked car in his driveway....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

I'll take an idiot for $800, Alex!

Imagine being unintelligent enough that, given context, you are unable to decode two transposed letters! Vibes, bruh.

I'm not defending a thing - just pointing out the hypocrisy of the social justice fruits (feel free to include yourself in this group if you feel it is appropriate) who see everything thru a racial lens by focusing on cherry picked narratives while turning a blind eye to systemic violence - just because those facts don't paint the picture you are wanting to present.

May 3rd - May 9th. Seventy (70) people shot in Chicago. 14 of them died. And this has been going on FOR YEARS. Where the fuck are all the threads where you morons rail on about this, ad nauseum? For some reason I'm not finding them on page 1?
    Surprised it took this long to get to whataboutism

All around?
    'Both sides.'

On that note simply saying “whataboutism” excuses ones blatant hypocrisy

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Surprised it took this long to get to whataboutism

Not at all trying to justify or compare one situation to the other. Rather point out the difference in SJW reaction to one vs the other. It's not 'whatabouting' the situation - like trying to "excuse" it by comparing it to the incident last week where a black guy sniped an 80-something couple (white) in a Veteran's cemetery in Delaware. Both horrible situations with awful outcomes. The "whataboutism" is wholly in regard to the differing reactions of SWJ's to both incidents. What makes one act of murder more or less abhorrent than the other? Murder is bad. Period. Some of you guys just can't see that. Then comes accusing anyone who says otherwise of being a racist (even though LeeLau and wolley12 prefer the more widely offensive "Nazi").

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Not true. I posted earlier, only reported theft was from January 1, when one of the vigilantes had a loaded 9mm pistol stolen out of his unlocked car in his driveway....
    I forgot only thefts that were reported actually happened. Thanks for reminding me.

Seriously there are a lot of reasons to believe this was a fucked up racially motivated slaying. But this is not one I’d pile on.

Ahmaud Arbery

This isn’t about the murder. It’s about the the murderers not being arrested or investigated until AFTER this video was released.

No video = no arrests. This is what’s fucked even more than the actual crime to me.

The blind eye, cover up, sweep under the rug attempt from the people who are supposed to uphold the law and protect us.

Not all deaths are equal. After 9/11 were you telling people to calm down and reminding them that more than 2,000 people die every month from car accidents?

jgb@etree Guest
    Not all deaths are equal. After 9/11 were you telling people to calm down and reminding them that more than 2,000 people die every month from car accidents?
    Are you really this dumb? Are the 3" thick coke bottle glasses just subterfuge to make you look smart? Dude, you just had to have someone explain what the phrase "all around" means to you, and now you're trying to equivocate traffic accidents with overt acts of terrorism? Please share whatever drugs you are using, I like the good shit.

I'll wait for one of your sjw butt-buddies to call you out on your whataboutism though.

Not at all trying to justify or compare one situation to the other. Rather point out the difference in SJW reaction to one vs the other. It's not 'whatabouting' the situation - like trying to "excuse" it by comparing it to the incident last week where a black guy sniped an 80-something couple (white) in a Veteran's cemetery in Delaware. Both horrible situations with awful outcomes. The "whataboutism" is wholly in regard to the differing reactions of SWJ's to both incidents. What makes one act of murder more or less abhorrent than the other? Murder is bad. Period. Some of you guys just can't see that. Then comes accusing anyone who says otherwise of being a racist (even though LeeLau and wolley12 prefer the more widely offensive "Nazi").
    Ok, we have an alleged murderer gunned down by cops (or suicide rather than face consequences) vs a guy gunned down on a public street where cops did nothing for six weeks until video showed his murderers in the act but we're supposed to be outraged over the first one? Change the racial makeup of both of those to all white and which one bothers you more?

If you took a poll over the first case I think many people would argue that justice was served. It's also why we as a society employ cops for better and worse who are supposed to be bring in the bad guys and allow everyone to take the law into their own hands.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Pop cop had previously investigated him. He knew who he was, not just a random jogger.

He knew him.

SJW
    SWJ's
    sjw butt-buddies
    Motherfucker you gonna settle on one abbreviation or keep failing to line up three letters?
    Racist apologist twat be so triggered he can't even type straight...

Are we supposed to know what SJW or SWJ means?

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Well, in his defense, with a name like “Ted Striker” you’re either a pilot or a cop
    Really enthusiastic about hard-nosed collective bargaining?

I'd rather be a SWJ and/or "social justice fruit(s)" than a defender of Nazis