Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    the three stooges said they heard about burglaries on fb while on the stand.
    It's almost like some people have zero info on the case but keep bending it to fit some completely fictional narrative that validates their worldview. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    " ...I meet this buyer at a gas station, all black folks..." ".... and this nice black guy comes over ...."
    "... it was a black guy in a cowboy hat...."
    You miss Aunt Jemima don't you?
    I realize this is just a side effect of us hitting peak race-McCarthyism here, but wouldn’t a story about racial interactions need that sort of detail?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Right, well, in my view, that’s likely why a retired cop homeowner who’s had a gun stolen in a burglary in a neighborhood experiencing repeated burglaries would try to stop a suspicious person and keep him from leaving until police get there to at least take a name so they have someone to investigate if the burglaries continue.

You all, and I guess more or less everyone in general except dumbass me, agree to call that “false imprisonment”, a felony, so that when the guy charges at Dipshit Jr and tries to take his weapon he’s (I guess?) now legally unjustified in defending himself, so he’s supposed to (I guess?) just go passive and let the falsely imprisoned burglary suspect beat him up and take the weapon. I find that totally absurd.

I think that makes it obvious that, functionally, anyone can prowl around and burglarize any place with a long police response time and if anyone stops you, falsely imprisoning you, they’re committing a felony, and if they don’t stop you and instead just call police, you just run away. I find that totally absurd.

You think the shooting shouldn’t have happened because stopping a burglary suspect is false imprisonment, so burglars get a free pass anywhere with a long response time. People who live there should just accept the legal outcome here: their property is now a free-for-all for anyone who can run away faster than the police can respond. I find that totally absurd.
    The whole point of having to catch them in the act of a significant crime is to prevent assholes from hassling anyone they personally deem "suspicious" with little or no evidence. Three white guys chasing a black guy they deemed "suspicious" with no other actual evidence is total bullshit.. That's why it was illegal from the start..

It's bad enough when the cops do it without probable cause..

Add on they called him the n-word while he was on the ground dying. That's all I need to know about their actual motives.

If you can't see why detaining anyone just because you "suspect" but have no actual evidence or haven't witnessed them committing a major crime immediately previous to that you're beyond help..

Also, it's on those fools that their gun was stolen out of their unlocked car. MONTHS AGO. and dead guy didn't have a gun.

Arbery had every reasonable reason in the world to believe they were trying to lynch him with no idea why and likely believed he had to fight for his life at that moment he was cornered with two guns pointed at him..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Right, well, in my view, that’s likely why a retired cop homeowner who’s had a gun stolen in a burglary in a neighborhood experiencing repeated burglaries would try to stop a suspicious person and keep him from leaving until police get there to at least take a name so they have someone to investigate if the burglaries continue
    . The person in the video was identified as a white guy and no burglaries were reported in the seven months prior but at least they would have a name of someone to investigate
    You all, and I guess more or less everyone in general except dumbass me, agree to call that “false imprisonment”, a felony, so that when the guy charges at Dipshit Jr and tries to take his weapon he’s (I guess?) now legally unjustified in defending himself, so he’s supposed to (I guess?) just go passive and let the falsely imprisoned burglary suspect beat him up and take the weapon. I find that totally absurd.
    they chased a man down with vehicles and guns and they are the victims?
    I think that makes it obvious that, functionally, anyone can prowl around and burglarize any place with a long police response time and if anyone stops you, falsely imprisoning you, they’re committing a felony, and if they don’t stop you and instead just call police, you just run away. I find that totally absurd.
    nobody knew he was in the house not stealing anything until they saw the video...after he was dead
    You think the shooting shouldn’t have happened because stopping a burglary suspect is false imprisonment, so burglars get a free pass anywhere with a long response time. People who live there should just accept the legal outcome here: their property is now a free-for-all for anyone who can run away faster than the police can respond. I find that totally absurd.
    multiple people were on camera on the property and nothing stolen from the house...a house that was under construction not someone's home they were living in but the only person they focused on was what color?, the only person they thought was a criminal was what color?...and the evidence they had for chasing him down and detaining him by gun point was what exactly?
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

^na, try again JONG

He’s probably just sharing thoughts on how he feels.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I realize this is just a side effect of us hitting peak race-McCarthyism here, but wouldn’t a story about racial interactions need that sort of detail?
    "race-McCarthyism" if that's your take on what IAS is flapping his gums about then you haven't been paying attention to him trying to rationalize why it's ok to run around guns trying to make a "citizens arrest" with zero evidence and then shoot them because you fucked up
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    ^na, try again JONG

He’s probably just sharing thoughts on how he feels.

Deleted. No need for me to continue to fan his flame out.

"race-McCarthyism" if that's your take on what IAS is flapping his gums about ...p
    Its not about him, its about you.

Reading nextdoor isn’t the same thing as seeing a guy prowling around your neighbor’s place, then when you see them they run away instead of introducing themselves.
    why are you making up facts about this case?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    why are you making up facts about this case?
    He hasn't yet reached the bottom of the hole he's digging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Race McCarthyism? Wha the fuck? I mean, if sone white folks killing a black man they called a n***** is that

Its not about him, its about you.
    good move...point fingers at others...cry "Witch Hunt!" ...offer nothing to support your side of the discussion...continue on...

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Race McCarthyism? Wha the fuck? I mean, if sone white folks killing a black man they called a n***** is that
    I know you're smart enough to get the point, so why play dumb with a comment like that?

I know you're smart enough to get the point, so why play dumb with a comment like that?
    I just see the stupid bad faith “racism is overplayed” dumbfuckery that allows smart people like you to pretend.

good move...point fingers at others...cry "Witch Hunt!" ...offer nothing to support your side of the discussion...continue on...
    Explain your quote and comment then. Why would IAS describing peoples color in an anecdote about racial interactions make him "miss aunt jemima"?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    I just see the stupid bad faith “racism is overplayed” dumbfuckery that allows smart people like you to pretend.
    My argument is in bad faith but "you described someone's skin color so you're a racist" is sound logic?

I agree with Jimmy Carter, there was nothing I found racist in that post. He was describing events/experiences about race, and so the inclusion of the race of the people he encountered was necessary. If he had called one of the people he encountered in that story a burglar based on no evidence, that might be problematic, but he didn't do that in that post.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anybody playing devil’s advocate for the convicted murderers here after the trial and the facts are known is blatantly racist. We’re all guilty of being racist at some point, but not acknowledging it leaves no doubt about it.

I wonder if this had happened in a predominantly black neighborhood and the jogger was white how the narrative would change and what people’s reaction would be.

It’s not a claim

Fuck you
    Hey now, I believe you that you didn't assault anyone. But, I wasn't there and there's no video, I only know your side of the story, what you claim happened. The point is that you are suggesting that you should be able to detain someone until the cops arrive, and if they're innocent they have nothing to worry about because the cops will get everything sorted out fairly. That's a weird position for you to hold since you have direct experience proving otherwise.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 11-30-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I wonder if this had happened in a predominantly black neighborhood and the jogger was white how the narrative would change and what people’s reaction would be.

Assuming the outcome of the case was the same I'd feel exactly the same way. How about you?

Explain your quote and comment then. Why would IAS describing peoples color in an anecdote about racial interactions make him "miss aunt jemima"?
    If it was just about describing POC why the need to add terms that reinforce stereotypes and biases? A black man wearing a cowboy hat? "hoo boy...I thought only white folks were cowboys" never mind about actual American history or anything, things like "black folks" and "a nice black man" make it seem like he's talking about Uncle Remus in Song of the South but this a ski forum full of white guys trying to justify shooting people regardless of any evidence of a crime committed
    ...I meet this buyer at a gas station, all black folks..." ".... and this nice black guy comes over ...."
    "... it was a black guy in a cowboy hat...."

I feel there would be far less victim blaming and devil’s advocating for the perpetrators if the race of the involved parties were reversed. I would feel the same about the incident and outcome.

I follow Collin Noir
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Clips of fucker Carlson and an NRA spokesman? Are you ready to own your fail, MTT?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

I follow Collin Noir
    That’s great, it has nothing to do with the thread topic.