Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Speaking of NAZI’s....

Name:  IMG_3033.JPG
Views: 898
Size:  69.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Motherfucker you gonna settle on one abbreviation or keep failing to line up three letters?
    That was covered at the top of the last page. Please keep up.

Racist apologist twat be so triggered he can't even type straight...
    LOL. Also covered the whole social justice fruit accusations of people being racist for disagreeing their perspective already too. Do you read at all?

That said, the phrase "social justice warrior" sure as shit seems to trigger the fuck out you, huh? Toughen the fuck up, buttercup

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Speaking of NAZI’s....

Name:  IMG_3033.JPG
Views: 898
Size:  69.1 KB

Is that the dad?

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Is that the dad?

If it is, shit just went game, set & match real quick. That's good news all aroun....er....on all sides. Or whatever neufox can comprehend.

Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    i thought this was a good opinion piece
    https://www.ajc.com/news/local/opini...0V4GTlY1h8bKP/
    the legal issues of the citizen's arrest are interesting. Being a dentist not a lawyer not sure if they are correct.
    That article is totally fucked

It states that a black person running in a white neighborhood should expect to get shit on a Sunday afternoon when people are at church

What the fuck

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Horrible situation all-around, but where are you virtue signaling swj's every monday morning after 10-15 people have been murdered in the streets of Chicago on ANY given weekend? Why is the outrage so selective and racially focused?
    Hmm racist much?

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post

It states that a black person running in a white neighborhood should expect to get shit on a Sunday afternoon when people are at church

What the fuck

the article in the link doesn’t say that.
    Here’s the article:

“News reports repeatedly say Ahmaud Arbery was trying to avoid the two men who had formed an impromptu posse.

That’s not exactly true. A video of the 25-year-old Brunswick man’s final moments shows Arbery coming fast around the front of the pickup truck and upon the shotgun-toting Travis McMichael in an instant, perhaps three or four quick steps.

It immediately became a life-or-death struggle where life stayed with McMichael and death came to Arbery.

Of course, charging a loaded shotgun is a terrible idea, so one wonders about the fleeting thoughts in the synapses of Arbery’s brain as he rounded the truck and charged. It seems the unarmed man made an instant fight-or-flight calculation and determined the former of the choices was his best chance at survival.

He was wrong.

The video of the incident, released this week, instantly exploded across the world and even entered presidential politics as Joe Biden said, “The video is clear: Ahmaud Arbery was killed in cold blood.”

The video may not be quite as clear as “Uncle Joe” has posited. The legal question remains whether Travis McMichael and his father, Greg McMichael, should have armed themselves and chased Arbery, who is black. But it sure doesn’t look good for the McMichaels, who are white. The father is a former cop and district attorney’s investigator who was in the law enforcement game for nearly 40 years, long enough to know better.

The two were charged with murder on Thursday, just days after the video was released. Once again, it shows the power of grainy images.

This photo combo of images taken Thursday, May 7, 2020, and provided by the Glynn County Detention Center in Georgia, shows Travis McMichael (left) and his father Gregory McMichael. The two have been charged with murder in the February shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery, whom they had pursued in a truck after spotting him running in their neighborhood.
    Photo: Glynn County Detention Center via AP
    The case was initially punted by Glynn County District Attorney Jackie Johnson, who had worked with the elder McMichael for years and found herself in a conflict. She is also good at miscarrying justice, as witnessed by her inaction in the case of the late murderous cop Robert C. Sasser.

The Arbery case, which occurred in late February, first went to Waycross District Attorney George Barnhill, who studied the killing and then reduced his unofficial opinion to writing before pulling the ripcord and bailing on this case.

In his opinion before leaving, Barnhill opined in a letter to the Glynn County police that the McMichaels should receive a Stay Outta Jail card.

» CONTINUING COVERAGE: AHMAUD ARBERY DEATH

Barnhill saw the video that everyone else has seen the past few days and deemed it a good killing. He said the McMichaels and a third party, William Bryan, the guy who shot the video from his vehicle, “were following in ‘hot pursuit’ (a) burglary suspect, with solid first-hand probable cause in their neighborhood and asking/telling him to stop.”

Of the killing, Barnhill wrote, “Given the fact Arbery initiated the fight, at the point Arbery grabbed the shotgun, under Georgia Law, McMichael was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself.”

Aside from the racial issue here, the case smells like law enforcement initially trying to give one of their own a break.

’Ahmaud was kind’ - Mother of Ahmaud Arbery says he was loved by family and peers
    Photo: Family / Handout
    There may have been a theft (or even more than one) in the neighborhood in recent weeks, and when the elder McMichael saw a black man jogging past, he figured he looked like the guy seen earlier in some neighbor’s surveillance video. Afterward, McMichael told the cops that Arbery was “hauling ass,” which makes it sound like someone trying to escape.

But perhaps he was merely jogging, which Arbery often did. One might wonder why a black man dressed in a T-shirt and running shorts would come to a white neighborhood in broad daylight at 1 p.m. on a Sunday, a time when most people are home, and think he’d get away with much.

Someone called 911 to say they saw a black man enter a house under construction. The dispatcher initially seemed nonplussed. “I just need to know what he was doing wrong,” the dispatcher said.

I must admit that I, like many nosy people, have entered houses under construction to peek about. A reporter I spoke with said there is absolutely nothing in that house to steal. Perhaps the jogger made a pee stop.

Nonetheless, the McMichaels, being can-do fellows, gave chase.

Protesters marched Tuesday evening in honor of Ahmaud Arbery, who was shot to death in February. The case is headed to a grand jury. Photo: Bert Roughton Jr.
    Photo: Bert Roughton Jr. / AJC
    According to the Brunswick News, only one burglary was reported in the neighborhood in the two months before the shooting — a 9 mm pistol was stolen from outside the home of Travis McMichael. (Side note: If you are having guns stolen from your car, you are a big part of the crime problem.)

In mid-April, the Arbery case was handed over to Hinesville District Attorney Tom Durden. This week, after the video of the shooting was released and shock waves reverberated, Durden announced he would bring the case to a grand jury. This came around the time that Gov. Brian Kemp and Attorney General Chris Carr issued statements that justice must be done.

Then on Thursday, the announcement of charges came.

Hours before, Gwinnett County prosecutor Danny Porter said, “There are some questions I want answered, mainly, on what justification did they pursue the guy on the street? If it wasn’t justified, then they have a problem.”

Porter added that he has kept up with the case and has seen the video. “To me, that does not look like self-defense.”

In this Tuesday, May 5, 2020, photo, Keith Smith speaks to a crowd as they march through a neighborhood in Brunswick, Ga. They were demanding answers regarding the death of Ahmaud Arbery. An outcry over the Feb. 23 shooting of Arbery has intensified after cellphone video that lawyers for Arbery's family say shows him being shot to death by two white men.
    Photo: Bobby Haven/The Brunswick News via AP
    J. Tom Morgan, former DeKalb County district attorney, said, “I cannot start an incident and escalate it to defend myself.” If you are trying to make a citizen’s arrest, the crime must have been committed in your presence, he said.

Morgan, who is now a law professor, trotted out a 1920 Georgia Supreme Court case that explored issues eerily similar to this: citizens’ arrest and self-defense. That case concerned two private citizens convicted of murder for shooting a man they thought, wrongly, was involved in an aggravated assault.

The case found that “a private citizen has as much right to arrest a fugitive felon, where the emergency calls for immediate action.” And that person “has the right to use such force as may be necessary to compel submission and accomplish the arrest and is not bound to wait until he is actually assaulted before resorting to force.”

However, the court in that case ruled against the men, saying, “A person cannot create an emergency which renders it necessary for another to defend himself, and then take advantage of the effort of such person to defend himself in the face of such emergency so created, and justify the taking of the life of such person.”

Sounds like a century-old echo.”

One might wonder why a black man dressed in a T-shirt and running shorts would come to a white neighborhood in broad daylight at 1 p.m. on a Sunday, a time when most people are home, and think he’d get away with much.
    The entire article has a breezy, sorta half assed ‘journalist’ vibe, but this line is filled with WTF.

‘Broad daylight’? So it would be safer for a black man to jog at dusk? Or midnight?

I'll take an idiot for $800, Alex!

Imagine being unintelligent enough that, given context, you are unable to decode two transposed letters! Vibes, bruh.
    The card says Moops, dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    The entire article has a breezy, sorta half assed ‘journalist’ vibe, but this line is filled with WTF.

‘Broad daylight’? So it would be safer for a black man to jog at dusk? Or midnight?
    It's clumsy as shit but I read that as "if he had wanted to rob somebody he wouldn't have gone in broad daylight."
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

What the fuck

I think you guys misread the intent of that passage. I read it as the author saying the story of Arbery being a thief ("get away with much", as in, he wouldn't be a very effective thief) doesn't make any sense, because he would stand out like a sore thumb at a time when everyone was at home and awake.

It's an opinion piece, by the way, not a report of the news. And while I do think the tone of the article is off and it meanders a bit, y'all seemed to completely miss that the author probably agrees with your takes on the situation (probably due in some part to the bad writing).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Horrible situation all-around, but where are you virtue signaling swj's every monday morning after 10-15 people have been murdered in the streets of Chicago on ANY given weekend? Why is the outrage so selective and racially focused?
    Name:  411b9w.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  57.0 KB

The point the author is trying to make is it’s unlikely Arbery came there to commit a crime, because any amount of common sense says mid-day on a weekend isn’t when you’d be out doing burglaries.

You’re twisting it all around.

My gut says it was two good ol boys, looking for something to do, playing neighborhood sherriff. An example of guns, and a group giving people the confidence to escalate a confrontation. Racist profiling was a part of what led to Arbery's murder, but I don't think he was murdered because of his skin color.

From Arbery's perspective this must have looked like a classic attempted lynching and his only hope was to grab the gun away or be shot point blank in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    My gut says it was two good ol boys, looking for something to do, playing neighborhood sherriff. An example of guns, and a group giving people the confidence to escalate a confrontation. Racist profiling was a part of what led to Arbery's murder, but I don't think he was murdered because of his skin color.

From Arbery's perspective this must have looked like a classic attempted lynching and his only hope was to grab the gun away or be shot point blank in the back.
    I for one am baffled at the idea that anyone could have a group of armed men chasing them in a pickup in broad daylight and be thinking anything other than "I am going to die."

The whole " if he had just stopped running and talked to them" or "let them do the citizens arrest and sort it out later" is such blatant chickshit bullshit.

No one in the US would view this as anything other than a kidnapping attempt if it happened to them.

Are you really this dumb? Are the 3" thick coke bottle glasses just subterfuge to make you look smart? Dude, you just had to have someone explain what the phrase "all around" means to you, and now you're trying to equivocate traffic accidents with overt acts of terrorism? Please share whatever drugs you are using, I like the good shit.

I'll wait for one of your sjw butt-buddies to call you out on your whataboutism though.
    Reading comprehension much? I was not the one saying all deaths deserve equal reactions.

According to your theories, the McMichaels are probably big time democrats right?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Everybody involved is scared, aggrieved, and pissed off. A young man is dead. A whole community is on edge. The family of the deceased is in some media struggle and the cops and prosecutors in that town are eating buckets of shit and they all (families, friends, cops, etc) have to still live there in that small insular town together with all their latent anger and grief, seeing each other in the grocery store and the gas station and the dmv and voting and at the stoplight, unless they all pull up roots and move...so this will fuck up everyone’s ability to feel relaxed and comfortable in their lives, in their communities.

Fucked up, all around. Massive shit sandwich for everyone who touches it.

Think about it this way: I’m not even involved and a bunch of you think I’m a terrible person now just for having discussed it in a different way than you. Imagine trying to live in that town, imagine being close to anybody involved on any side.
    Yea but who gives a shit about the McMichaels? They are not the victims here. All around makes it sound like the McMichaels just happened into a bad situation and are also victims.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i would like to tell you to shut up face to face - fuck me
    thing is yur way too much of a giant douche bag anonymous pussy to make that ever fuckin happen
    Spare checkin period
    you git that fly rod yet ias?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by char_ View Post
    I for one am baffled at the idea that anyone could have a group of armed men chasing them in a pickup in broad daylight and be thinking anything other than "I am going to die."

The whole " if he had just stopped running and talked to them" or "let them do the citizens arrest and sort it out later" is such blatant chickshit bullshit.

No one in the US would view this as anything other than a kidnapping attempt if it happened to them.
    I'll be #2. I didn't grow up in the greatest neighborhood so maybe I have a skewed opinion but NFW am I stopping to chat with a couple of armed men.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I'll be #2. I didn't grow up in the greatest neighborhood so maybe I have a skewed opinion but NFW am I stopping to chat with a couple of armed men.
    Wrong decision bro. Now you’ve gone and got yourself kilt.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It's clumsy as shit but I read that as "if he had wanted to rob somebody he wouldn't have gone in broad daylight."
    Agree.

Weirdly written piece. Not sure it was worth our efforts to parse it but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Wrong decision bro. Now you’ve gone and got yourself kilt.

I certainly didn't hang around when the local gangster flashed his gun at my friend and I over some stupid perceived dis. In retrospect maybe I should have.

https://arcdigital.media/the-ahmaud-...w-72ebb5c7643b

I think this is a pretty good rundown of the case as it pertains to GA law. It would probably clear up some questions around here.
    We Make Memory When We Do Bussiness

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Yea but who gives a shit about the McMichaels? They are not the victims here. All around makes it sound like the McMichaels just happened into a bad situation and are also victims.
    What else do you want me to say? Do you think there’s anything positive happening here? Everyone involved has their lives ruined indefinitely.
    The way this is going I’m sure you’ll translate that into “Blah blah blah white supremacy blah blah blah” ...because no matter what I write you just read whatever you want to think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I certainly didn't hang around when the local gangster flashed his gun at my friend and I over some stupid perceived dis. In retrospect maybe I should have.
    How fucking stupid are you people? Seriously?
    If you’re stuck at gunpoint, don’t freak out and try to chuck norris your way out of it. If you can get away, obviously, get the fuck away.
    God damn. This thread is full of assholes.

Starting to remind me of pre-poliasshat days.
    Oh yeah, hey....Why the fuck is this in the main forum and not asshattery anyway?
    Maybe time to move this political bullshit thread into the trash heap and off the fucking front page eh?