Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

It occurred to me that given how widely spread the criminal histories of the victims of that pudgy little bitch in WI were made in the aftermath, by way of excusing his actions, that if there were any shred or hint that Mr Arbery was in fact a previous burglar, or was in the act, or was casing, then we'd have heard about it incessantly from the right.

Did I miss it? Literally the only mention of it that I've read is by IAS and by the crackers who shot the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    It occurred to me that given how widely spread the criminal histories of the victims of that pudgy little bitch in WI were made in the aftermath, by way of excusing his actions, that if there were any shred or hint that Mr Arbery was in fact a previous burglar, or was in the act, or was casing, then we'd have heard about it incessantly from the right.

Did I miss it? Literally the only mention of it that I've read is by IAS and by the crackers who shot the guy.
    The idiots that were convicted told investigators that they didn’t know if Aubrey did anything and that they were just suspicious. Apparently some people think it’s okay to arm yourself and detain suspicious strangers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The idiots that were convicted told investigators that they didn’t know if Aubrey did anything and that they were just suspicious. Apparently some people think it’s okay to arm yourself and detain suspicious strangers.
    & that it doesn’t amount to racism personified

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post

Arbery had a criminal record (shoplifting and bringing a weapon to school) and was still on probation for the shoplifting one apparently, but nothing related to that day.

They had him on security cameras in one of the new construction houses before but he hadn’t stolen anything. He was working on becoming an electrician so speculation that he had been checking out how things were being wired or something like that.

edit: He was one of several people who had been seen on security cameras in that house at one point or another so not like he would've been singled out as a suspect based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Arbery had a criminal record (shoplifting and bringing a weapon to school) and was still on probation for the shoplifting one apparently, but nothing related to that day.

They had him on security cameras in one of the new construction houses before but he hadn’t stolen anything. He was working on becoming an electrician so speculation that he had been checking out how things were being wired or something like that.

edit: He was one of several people who had been seen on security cameras in that house at one point or another so not like he would've been singled out as a suspect based on that.
    No, they said they "thought" he looked like a man on video...it wasn't until later the surveillance video was reviewed... plus you can't use information about his past that wasn't available at the time to justify your actions

"Mr. Arbery was running in Satilla Shores when a man standing in his front yard saw him go by, according to a police report. The man, Gregory McMichael, said he thought Mr. Arbery looked like a man suspected in several break-ins in the area and called to Travis McMichael, his son."
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

I also like to walk around new construction sites, especially between the time they have poured the foundation until the roof and walls are mostly done.. i.e. until it's looking like a completed house. As kids we'd totally steal the building supplies to build forts and skateboard ramps (All of us were white too).. As an adult, just like to see how they build stuff, electrical, plumbing, etc. Lots of neighbors do that. It's not a red flag or cause for concern unless it's late at night after dark.. that's when it turns from curious neighbors to people looking to take shit..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

My questions were rhetorical. None of the stuff you mention has any relevance to the case.

Would anyone posting in this thread bet that the convicted would have pursued and tried to forcibly detain a young white man?

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    No, they said they "thought" he looked like a man on video...

"Mr. Arbery was running in Satilla Shores when a man standing in his front yard saw him go by, according to a police report. The man, Gregory McMichael, said he thought Mr. Arbery looked like a man suspected in several break-ins in the area and called to Travis McMichael, his son."
    You’re conflating two different things.

He was caught on video in a new construction house before. He admits it, as does the homeowner, but nothing was ever stolen/missing from that house.

Separately, they had had break-ins in cars and houses in the area, but none on camera IIRC. mcmichael just assumed Arbery was a suspect in those.

You’re conflating two different things.

He was caught on video in a new construction house before. He admits it, as does the homeowner, but nothing was ever stolen/missing from that house.

Separately, they had had break-ins in cars and houses in the area, but none on camera IIRC. mcmichael just assumed Arbery was a suspect in those.
    Okay....you can skip to the last two sentences if you want and he was dead before the homeowner looked at the video

"The owner of a home under construction in the Georgia neighborhood where Ahmaud Arbery was killed says he had reported no crime after surveillance video seemed to show the young man on the property.

The Feb. 23 footage, captured moments before Arbery's death, appears to show him looking around but never touching anything — and eventually, walking away.
    Advertisement

"I don't want it to be put out and misused and misinterpreted for people to think that I had accused Mr. Arbery of stealing or robbery, because I never did," Larry English, the homeowner told CNN's Chris Cuomo Tuesday night.

"By the time Larry saw the video, Mr. Arbery had been killed," English's attorney, Elizabeth Graddy, said.

Arbery, 25, was jogging in the Satilla Shores neighborhood outside Brunswick nearly three months ago when he was fatally shot.

Greg McMichael, 64, and his 34-year-old son, Travis, were arrested Thursday and are facing charges of felony murder and aggravated assault, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Greg McMichael told police after the killing that there had been "several break-ins" in the area and that Arbery looked like a suspect caught on surveillance video.

But no string of break-ins was reported in more than seven weeks prior to Arbery's death, and there was only a burglary report after a gun was stolen from an unlocked vehicle in front of the McMichaels' home, police said."

Buy wait there's more...

Death of Ahmaud Arbery Trial
    Break-in by white suspect was caught on camera in neighborhood where Ahmaud Arbery was shot
    The testimony on the morning of the trial's sixth day centered around bodycam footage from roughly two weeks prior to the killing, on Feb. 11.
    Author: Jonathan Raymond (11Alive)
    Published: 12:10 PM EST November 12, 2021
    Updated: 1:52 PM EST November 12, 2021
    Facebook Twitter

"GLYNN COUNTY, Ga. — An officer's testimony Friday in the trial of the killing of Ahmaud Arbery revealed there had been a known break-in with a white suspect just down the street from where he died, weeks before his death.

The incident happened in the Satilla Shores neighborhood where father and son Greg and Travis McMichael began chasing after Arbery on Feb. 23, 2020, with Travis eventually shooting and killing him in a struggle.

The testimony on the morning of the trial's sixth day centered around bodycam footage from roughly two weeks prior, on Feb. 11.

On that day, Travis McMichael called police claiming to see a man, now believed to be Arbery, outside an unfinished home under construction in the neighborhood which is at the center of much of the case.

The owner of the home, Larry English, was seen testifying in a previously recorded deposition in court on Thursday.

Defense attorneys have focused on Arbery allegedly being seen on English's surveillance videos entering onto the property a number of times in the months leading up to his death and becoming in the minds of some neighbors - including the men accused of murder in the trial - a "suspect" in break-ins and thefts around the neighborhood.

They've argued the neighborhood was "on edge" at the time Arbery was chased down and ultimately killed.

Bodycam video from Glynn County officer Robert Rash, who was frequently called by English over intrusions onto his property, showed by the time of Feb. 11 there was a known suspect - who clearly was not Arbery - in at least one neighborhood break-in.

While investigating Travis' call of supposedly seeing Arbery on Feb. 11, Officer Rash told the McMichaels: "Now we did have - I took a report down the road here, the house at the corner, the guy with the Jeep and all - he had some stuff stolen, some guns stolen, but we got on video the car that people come in and stole them, they were from another neighborhood."

Regarding Arbery, he told the McMichaels English "hasn't seen him actually take anything" any of the few times he was recorded wandering around on the property.

They discussed "trespassing" and "loitering or prowling" as what he could possibly be suspected of.

In testimony, Rash then told the court he had responded about two months before - on Dec. 7, 2020 - to an entering auto call at the neighboring house.

"Did they have video from the front of their house?" prosecutor Linda Dunikoski asked the officer.

"Yes ma'am."

"And did you watch that video?"

"Yes ma'am."

"And what was the person who went into their Jeep and stole their guns? White, Black, Hispanic, Asian?"

"Based on the video it appeared to be a white male.""
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

it just gets better since multiple people are on video entering the property
    "Ahmaud Arbery was shot and killed while jogging in Brunswick, Georgia, on February 23, 2020.
    Cell phone video of the fatal interaction soon surfaced between Arbery and the two men who chased him, Gregory and Travis McMichael, raising more questions and prompting a call for justice from celebrities, law enforcement, community leaders and civilians.
    The men were arrested more than two months after the shooting death and charged with felony murder and aggravated assault.

"The truth will reveal that this is not just another act of violent racism," Frank Hogue, an attorney for the men, said at a news conference. "Greg McMichael did not commit murder."

"Travis has been vilified before his voice could even be heard. ... The truth in this case will exonerate Travis," a statement from Robert Rubin and Jason Sheffield, attorneys for the younger McMichael, reads.

Gregory McMichael told police after the shooting that he and his son pursued Arbery because they thought he looked like a suspect in a series of recent break-ins, a police report said. No such string of break-ins was reported to police in more than seven weeks preceding the shooting, Glynn County police Lt. Cheri Bashlor told CNN.
    A struggle ensued between Arbery and Travis McMichael, who was armed with a shotgun, according to the report and a video that appears to show the incident. Arbery was shot three times, including twice in the chest, according to a Georgia Bureau of Investigation autopsy report.
    No string of break-ins was reported in more than seven weeks before Arbery's death. And new surveillance video taken from a home under construction that Arbery entered on the day of his death is creating more questions, as it's clear he wasn't the only one who entered the property.
    New surveillance videos released
    Night video shows a man walking around the home under construction.
    Night video shows a man walking around the home under construction.
    Homeowner Larry English has confirmed through the release of surveillance videos that multiple people had trespassed at his home which was under construction. Arbery was the only one killed.
    CNN obtained 11 surveillance clips spanning from October 25 to February 23 from Attorney J. Elizabeth Graddy, representing English, on Saturday. Two of the videos were obtained by CNN prior to this week and six others were sent on Friday.
    Three new videos show a man and woman entering the property, children entering the property and an unidentified male entering the property on separate occasions.
    Some of the videos provided were dated October 25, November 18, December 17, February 11 and February 23. The videos with dates were sent to CNN by Graddy with the dates as their titles.
    Eight clips were dated and three clips, two showing children entering the home and one clip showing a man and a woman entering, were not dated.
    Georgia attorney general requests DOJ investigation into the handling of the Ahmaud Arbery case
    Georgia attorney general requests DOJ investigation into the handling of the Ahmaud Arbery case
    On October 25, nighttime video shows a black adult male walking around the house, which is under construction and down to the studs.
    Within a month, a black adult male is seen in the house on two separate videos taken November 18. The man is shirtless and walks around the home.
    On December 17, three separate clips show a black adult male walking around the home at night before jogging off empty handed.
    On February 11, video shows a car's headlights drive by the home at night before a black adult male is seen walking around the house.
    The last video, which is the only video that has been confirmed to be Arbery, was taken during the day February 23. It shows him walking around the home which is still under construction.
    Only one video is confirmed to be Arbery
    Arbery's family has previously confirmed to CNN that one video, dated February 23, was of him entering the house prior to the shooting.
    When asked about the new videos, S. Lee Merritt, attorney for the Arbery family, said he was not going to continue to ask the family about people seen in surveillance videos.
    Person who left note at Ahmaud Arbery's memorial just wanted to share condolences, investigators say
    Person who left note at Ahmaud Arbery's memorial just wanted to share condolences, investigators say
    "I have chosen to stop questioning the grieving family of Ahmaud Arbery about images from the cameras mounted at the construction site of Larry English as Mr. English himself has said no criminal activity ever took place there and it is clear that Ahmaud was on the premises in the past along with many other people," Merritt said in a statement emailed to CNN.
    English previously told CNN that someone stole $2,500 worth of "off-shore tackle" from a boat in his garage, but said he could not identify the perpetrator, the theft was not captured on his video, he did not remember the date of the incident and no police report was filed.

The homeowner does not know anyone seen in the videos which were transmitted to English's phone by his security system each time someone entered the property, Graddy said.
    "We do not know who any of the individuals in the nighttime videos are and never have," the lawyer said in an email. "The reason that Larry English sent the videos to his neighbor ... in the first place was to ask, 'Do you know any of these people?'""

You’re confirming everything I typed, but acting like you’re refuting it?

I think I understand what Yeti is saying.

I saw some Hoosiers stealing chain saws and trimmers off a work truck while these two old timers were trimming some guys trees once. Rolled up right on them, caught em red handed. I then chased them for a few miles trying to get their plates. My son was in the car so I wasn’t going to do anything stupid, but I think it’s bullshit, like yeti, that were supposed to look the other way when some guys having $1000 in tools stolen while he breaks his back at 65 for a few hundred bucks.

Doesn’t mean we think the guy should have died. But I don’t think I’m doing that again.

You’re confirming everything I typed, but acting like you’re refuting it?
    No he’s not. You said that the convicted men saw him and that they thought he looked like a man they had seen on video before. The only confirmed video with Arbery was after they murdered him. You’re letting your inherent racism and pride show here. You’re wrong, it’s okay

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

I saw some Hoosiers stealing chain saws and trimmers off a work truck while these two old timers were trimming some guys trees once. Rolled up right on them, caught em red handed. I then chased them for a few miles trying to get their plates. My son was in the car so I wasn’t going to do anything stupid, but I think it’s bullshit, like yeti, that were supposed to look the other way when some guys having $1000 in tools stolen while he breaks his back at 65 for a few hundred bucks.

Doesn’t mean we think the guy should have died. But I don’t think I’m doing that again.

Totally same situation, are you really this dumb? There is no evidence or witness of Arbery committing any crime in regards to this case.

You saw a crime in progress, the convicted murderers in this case saw nothing but a black man jogging. Even GA law says that you can make a citizen arrest if you witness a felony in progress. Do you see the difference? There was no crime except for the murder of Arbery.

Your story is only relevant to this scenario if you didn’t catch them red handed and just heard a rumor that a couple Hoosiers were stealing tools. Then days or weeks later upon seeing random Hoosiers in the general area chased them down and pulled a gun on them.

Did you do that?

some Hoosiers
    Can you define what that means?

I lived in Indiana for 5 or 6 years and still have no idea what a Hoosier is.

Wiki says:
    The word "hoosier" has long been used in Greater St. Louis as a pejorative for an unintelligent or uncultured person.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

No he’s not. You said that the convicted men saw him and that they thought he looked like a man they had seen on video before. The only confirmed video with Arbery was after they murdered him. You’re letting your inherent racism and pride show here. You’re wrong, it’s okay

Actually not what I typed but keep tilting at windmills.

"He was caught on video in a new construction house before. He admits it, as does the homeowner, but nothing was ever stolen/missing from that house."
    He admitted it?
    There was video as noted in the officer's testimony but it was a white male and no other break ins were reported in the seven months prior

One things for sure, this thread really highlights some of the posters inherent racism. I mean they can’t be bothered with facts and can completely understand why the McMichaels armed themselves to chase a random black guy based on a hunch. Just an unfortunate accident. Now all those uppity black folks can just burglarize at will. This is sad and disgusting.

Agreed.

Actually not what I typed but keep tilting at windmills.
    It’s actually exactly what you posted before your edit at the bottom. Nice try on revisionist history.

"He was caught on video in a new construction house before. He admits it, as does the homeowner, but nothing was ever stolen/missing from that house."
    He admitted it?
    There was video as noted in the officer's testimony but it was a white male and no other break ins were reported in the seven months prior
    Maybe Jimmy Carter can show us a link where Arbery admits it after he was murdered. The homeowner didn’t come forward with the video until after the murder.

This is completely different. You witnessed a definite felony if it was more than $1,000 stolen. It would still be extremely foolish to try to hold the criminals at gunpoint for a complete stranger. If it was your shit any reasonable jury would empathize with you.

Arbery, on the other hand, hadn't done jack shit (that day) and zero proof he did anything else any other day there we don't all do as curious neighbors. Dipshits left a gun in an unlocked car and it got stolen.. Of course they blame the black guy from a different neighborhood with no proof at all.. See him cut through a construction site and chase him in trucks with at least two guns and corner him. Of course he's going to fight for his life and try to disarm the aggressors. . I sure would in his shoes..

Completely different than catching someone red handed taking YOUR shit, or even some stranger's shit..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

He admitted it?
    Fair point, He = the prosecution

At no point in my commentary was I suggesting Arbery was guilty of anything, quite the opposite. But the savior complexes on here run fucking deep.

It’s actually exactly what you posted before your edit at the bottom. Nice try on revisionist history.

The edit was an add that changed nothing about the first two. But you would have had to read the whole thing to understand that and I’m guessing the spittle started forming well before then