Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    Here's an interesting one. Shooter is 100% guilty to me but it could go either way.

https://www.lubbockonline.com/story/...on/8765295002/
    Ya that's definitely similar situation to Rittenhouse. Guy goes and gets a gun. Angry guy calls his bluff, pushes him and gets shot. Difference between this and Rittenhouse is this was on the shooters property and they told the guy to leave several times and the other guy escalated instead of leaving..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Maybe but if I’m in a shared custody situation, and you’re dicking me around about my kids whereabouts……Whole thing sucks.

he's been victim blaming on this since the beginning....

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    The only videos I can find have a shaky view with no context setup...like, why are you filming, are you driving or parked, how did the fight start...how did they go from not interacting to fighting, etc

I can see guy running, I can see a fight, I can see the shot, I can’t see a lot of the other context everyone is discussing.

I may be biased from being falsely accused last year, and having lots of people giving fabricated statements and lying to police, and a cop and prosecutor just running with it all, fabricating contexts and motives and dialogues and treating assumptions of my thoughts and things they imagined, treating a whole superstructure of lies as evidence and assumptions based on those lies as facts.

So I guess pardon me if that shaky incomplete video clip leaves me with a ton of questions, instead of a sense of knowing exactly what happened. I don’t know how the fuck some of these reporters come up with all these firm narratives of the context and details of the interaction based on that shitty video clip.

I feel badly for everyone involved, this country is awful. People are awful. The news is awful. The internet is awful. It’s so depressing.

[QUOTE=ill-advised strategy;5979060]
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    We aren't assuming jack. Read a damn article from a reputable news source. It's in the police report.[/]

You have a whole narrative all loaded up, complete with all the backstories and the internal thoughts and motivations of everyone involved and everything that you think took place but isn’t on the footage, but you’re not assuming anything.

This deal where you think you know the entire case from the news and a shitty quality no-context youtube clip, and you’re now the judgejuryexecutioner, you’re going to mob up with the pitchforks and hang these guys in the town square....it’s literally exactly the same problematic overreaction you accuse them of. If they should have been patient and avoided jumping to conclusions, so should you.

All I see in the video is a fight, then a shooting.

It’s obvious who was fighting, who fired, and who was shot. Everything else is a bunch of speculation.
    Ew. What a pair of cooties.
    Attachment 327731

I see the chase narrative in the police report.

For me, personally, I guess it’s just so fresh having had my statements to police twisted and regurgitated into their false narrative report...I’ll never trust police reports again.

Is the 911 call, or a transcript, posted somewhere?

I don’t trust police reports. Any of them.

You say he was shot for taking a jog. I say he was shot for trying to fistfight guys with guns. That doesn’t mean it’s justifiable, it’s just a lot more accurate.

Whoever you are, whatever the situation, probably don’t try to fistfight a guy holding a gun on you.

I’ve been at gunpoint, by a hitch hiker, being ordered around. If I had been like “fuck this” and tried to fistfight the guy I probably wouldn’t be here. That doesn’t exonerate the guy....I’m just saying once the guns are out you probably shouldn’t try to fight your way out of it.

Also, as a dispatcher, I transcribed an exact statement by a cop, then got unofficially reprimanded later because my dispatch log of his exact statement to me made the cop look bad in court. So I was supposed to protect him. Everybody in the whole system learns that.

Also, I was on a league hockey team where I was the only one not a cop (it was guns and hoses guys...the guns needed more players for their league team, I was the only fire guy who responded) and listened to how they talk to each other when they think they’re not being watched. It’s gross, the whole mentality is latent corruption, even when it’s not big, overt specific attempts at corruption. It’s just casually dishonest at the level of: we know who’s good and who’s bad based on a first impression and we just work backwards from there to make it all fit.

Th ex cop here did that with the black guy. Badguy burglar...go git im. Now the secondary investigation and media does that with him, redneck racist...go git im.

Also I’ve been mistreated and dicked around by cops (and border patrol/customs) so many times I couldn’t tell all the stories.

Also I’ve been involved in news stories where the reporting got things very wrong...a few times.

So when the news stories treat the police report like fact, and the Twitter mob treats the news stories as fact....and then the suspect is a former cop and the whole thing is in some corrupt backwater...I think anybody who feels sure they know exactly what happened from that fucked-up system of information processing isn’t being skeptical enough.

Ok. Fistfight two guys holding guns on you then.

Fucking retard.
    Anybody, any race:
    Don’t try to fistfight your way out of being held at gunpoint.

My totally worthless, completely speculative, guess: if Mr. Arbery had stopped and stfu, he likely would have been beat-up and arrested for burglary...both of which would have been complete bullshit...but he would be alive.
    I guess I question whether keeping it real and trying to fight these guys was worth getting shot.

Some of you, or maybe most or all of you, likely figure Pigman and Pigman Jr took off out of the house to go kill Arbery. My first totally worthless, completely speculative, guess is predicated on my other totally worthless, completely speculative, guess that Pigman&Son™ left the house to go stop Arbery and turn him over to the cops, maybe talk shit and humiliate him and kick his ass a bit before the cops showed up. Once it turned into a fight, the only two possible outcomes for Arbery were losing the fight without getting shot or starting to win the fight and getting shot for it. There’s no fucking way he was going to fistfight his way out of that situation, it was a really poor choice. Understandable for sure, totally understandable, but fatally wrong.

If you want to switch races...if you’re a white guy getting car jacked in Detroit (edit: or wherever, I guess), don’t try to fistfight the carjacker...you may still get shot even if you don’t fight, but if you stay calm you at least have a chance of getting out alive. But you’re going to get shot for fucking sure if you start trying to fight your way out of it.

Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That did happen. Later he made some posts that acknowledged that those posts were racist and thanked the people that had called him out on it. Seemed like a moment of genuine self-reflection and he seemed to change afterwards, haven't seen that side of him in a long time. People can always regress though, usually for reasons that are worrying.
    Ah copy. Hopefully he’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’s Friday night

And the shitstains are out in full force

But I can’t throw stones. I’m here to
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I had this YouTube video going in the background

I really like the way it starts out

Here’s what us old fucks listen to
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Ya that's definitely similar situation to Rittenhouse. Guy goes and gets a gun. Angry guy calls his bluff, pushes him and gets shot. Difference between this and Rittenhouse is this was on the shooters property and they told the guy to leave several times and the other guy escalated instead of leaving..
    Bullshit.

The court requires him to be there to pick up his kids on time. If he didn’t show up on time, or left, she could petition the kids to amend the custody.

I think Yeti has a lot more real world experience than most on this board from their lily white liberal enclaves of zero consequences or difficulty.

But Jesus Christ Yeti read the room. Casing the joint is exactly the projection onto someone else that pissed you off so much about your scenario last year and you should recognize that. He was also running the fuck away, which is unlike the Rittenhouse felons who were the chasers.

It is better to let 10 guilty men walk free than punish one innocent man for a crime he didn’t commit or something.

Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I think Yeti has a lot more real world experience than most on this board from their lily white liberal enclaves of zero consequences or difficulty.

But Jesus Christ Yeti read the room. Casing the joint is exactly the projection onto someone else that pissed you off so much about your scenario last year and you should recognize that. He was also running the fuck away, which is unlike the Rittenhouse felons who were the chasers.

It is better to let 10 guilty men walk free than punish one innocent man for a crime he didn’t commit or something.
    Don’t you live in Jackson or nearby?

It doesn’t matter what ias has experienced in regards to the topic of the thread. The trial is over and the vigilantes were convicted of murder because of their own hubris, statements made to leos, video one of them took and GA law. This is 2021 not the Wild West or the antebellum south.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Bullshit.

The court requires him to be there to pick up his kids on time. If he didn’t show up on time, or left, she could petition the kids to amend the custody.

I also know people in that situation. The proper response to that is to call the police and social services, not start a physical altercation with the boy toy or trespass on property that isn't legally his anymore. He tried to call the bluff of someone defending property that didn't belong to the aggressor and found out the hard way it wasn't a bluff.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

It doesn’t matter what ias has experienced in regards to the topic of the thread. The trial is over and the vigilantes were convicted of murder because of their own hubris, statements made to leos, video one of them took and GA law. This is 2021 not the Wild West or the antebellum south.

Hence the elitists reactionary views of the “real world”.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Bullshit.

That was a fucked up video. Lots of dumb to go around, but it's sad the guy was there to pick his kid up and ends up dead. Dixie Chicks song rolling in the background was a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I had this YouTube video going in the background

I really like the way it starts out

Here’s what us old fucks listen to
    The rockrap era of music was a weird time.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Hence the elitists reactionary views of the “real world”.
    Hey dipshits, we agree on the result and the reasoning, but I think Yeti's perspective from his life experience shouldn't be discounted off the cuff (ala Arbery did himself no favors by tresspassing - which I think he inherently agrees is not a crime that he should be murdered over) because it doesn't perfectly mesh with your narrative. And where I live, which is no longer Jackson for a myriad of reasons, has zero bearing on that statement.

Or you can just reread my second paragraph and quit grandstanding. Or maybe Yeti does think otherwise and well then I'll stand corrected.
    Live Free or Die

Hey dipshits, we agree on the result and the reasoning, but I think Yeti's perspective from his life experience shouldn't be discounted off the cuff (ala Arbery did himself no favors by tresspassing - which I think he inherently agrees is not a crime that he should be murdered over) because it doesn't perfectly mesh with your narrative. And where I live, which is no longer Jackson for a myriad of reasons, has zero bearing on that statement.

Or you can just reread my second paragraph and quit grandstanding. Or maybe Yeti does think otherwise and well then I'll stand corrected.
    Yeti is pretty open about his past, most of us aren’t.

You have no idea what my life has been like and your “liberal enclave” posting is ignorant and insulting to many here most likely.

Yeti/IAS victim blaming and lamenting that you will no longer be able to defend your property with citizens arrest has nothing to do with the facts of this case. He also has no idea what it’s like to be black in America and be confronted by angry gun toting rednecks. It’s pure hubris. It seems out of character for him but maybe not.

smug prep school dildo who’s lived in Jackson for years sniffing celebrity ass projects what?

I’m not going to shoot anyone, so I don’t really identify with anybody shooting people. .

Not going to go to Wisconsin so I can hunt protesters.
    Not going to hold burglars at gunpoint.

I just think the guy who hunted protesters is a murderer and the guy who stopped a burglar and shot him when he charged at him to wrestle the gun away isn’t.
    And seeing it so clearly, and being so outnumbered by all of this over-the-top focus on race: the everything is racist, everybody is racist, race is the way to understand every interaction point of view, that’s not the way I think about things or live my life. So, freak out if you must.

I’m pretty confident this week means right wing crazies can hunt protesters, thinking they can get away with it, and black guys can burglarize at will.

2 shitty wrong outcomes. Dystopian mess. I don’t know why you people think any of this is good. I’ll just let you all talk shit about me for awhile. It’s fine, I’m pretty much on a desert island anyway. On one hand I’m totally angry and heartbroken by all the actual racism, on the other hand, if this whole ordeal is any indication, my views, being mainly based in trying to disregard race in my dealings with people and my understanding of social situations, are themselves racist, because not being racist, nowadays means always focusing on the racial aspects of everything so you can side against The Oppressor.
    I think at my age, with the life I’ve led, that bullshit is just a bridge too far. So can’t stand racists, can’t stand woke nonsense either. I have no team, no side, it’s a desert island of being constantly disappointed at the stew of dysfunctions driving our culture.

I’m not going to shoot anyone, so I don’t really identify with anybody shooting people. .

I just think the guy who hunted protesters is a murderer and the guy who stopped a burglar and shot him when he charged at him to wrestle the gun away isn’t.
    There is the flaw with that thinking... He wasn't "a burglar" ... at least at that point in time. He hadn't taken anything.. It was not a trespass on the property of the people who shot him. Zero right to shoot or even try to detain someone who happened to walk on a neighbor's property NONE!

He had nothing, not even a phone on him. A burglar would have at least had a backpack to carry away loot.. He didn't..

Ahmaud Arbery

I must have missed the evidence that Arbery burgled anything

the reaction that seeing racism is the same as overly sensitive dogmatic policing of politics is also problematic

Fuck Yeti, at least keep these thoughts to yourself. Referring to Ahmaud as a burglar is a bullshit move. Zero evidence of him ever burglarizing anything. Like lots of us, he was checking out a construction site while jogging. Us white guys do it all the time without getting shot. Really sorry that you can’t see the racism of your post. I know you’ve been through a lot in your life but so have lots of us and we soldier on without being a racist POS.

Ahmaud Arbery

Ok back on topic.

A fact from the Arbery case that gets forgotten is that the guys chasing him HIT HIM WITH THEIR TRUCK.

This was before any physical altercation happened with the gun. I don’t care what color you are, if you’re in public and some guys chase you down with a car and hit you with it, that’s assault with a deadly weapon before the guns even come into play. You have every reason to believe they will kill you because they already tried with the truck.

Second, looks like a grand jury is charging the DA with obstruction for trying to bury the Arbery case. I hope they actually root out this misconduct and look into other cases in the area that may have been incorrectly prosecuted or buried.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jackie-...d-obstruction/

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Who here is thinking that I’m getting murdered by these crazy fucks one way or the other and I am going to defend myself if they ever found themselves in this situation?

A) no way I stop running. I’m doing everything in my power to get away from these people. Zero chance I stop running. Zero.

B) I’m looking for a weapon to defend myself with if I can’t.
    Since the guy is dead and can't speak for himself it's possible he felt trapped and couldn't run away, some choose flight and some choose fight, he could have very well have taken the gun away from the attacker but then he probably would be incarcerated for defending himself the way the system works, it's pretty obvious that some people feel that it's self defense if you are armed but the unarmed guy should run from a gun forgetting the part that out running bullets isn't easy but if you are close enough to grab the weapon you could have a better chance
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

And seeing it so clearly, and being so outnumbered by all of this over-the-top focus on race: the everything is racist, everybody is racist, race is the way to understand every interaction point of view, that’s not the way I think about things or live my life. So, freak out if you must.

I’m pretty confident this week means right wing crazies can hunt protesters, thinking they can get away with it, and black guys can burglarize at will.

2 shitty wrong outcomes. Dystopian mess. I don’t know why you people think any of this is good. I’ll just let you all talk shit about me for awhile. It’s fine, I’m pretty much on a desert island anyway. On one hand I’m totally angry and heartbroken by all the actual racism, on the other hand, if this whole ordeal is any indication, my views, being mainly based in trying to disregard race in my dealings with people and my understanding of social situations, are themselves racist, because not being racist, nowadays means always focusing on the racial aspects of everything so you can side against The Oppressor.
    I think at my age, with the life I’ve led, that bullshit is just a bridge too far. So can’t stand racists, can’t stand woke nonsense either. I have no team, no side, it’s a desert island of being constantly disappointed at the stew of dysfunctions driving our culture.
    You’re keeping race out of it, right. “Black guys can burglarize at will”. I missed the part where Aubrey was caught burglarizing. They probably overlooked it in the trial. Can you point to wherever you found this information? Or are you still standing with the idea that it’s okay to detain random people jogging through your neighborhood because you suspect that they may have committed a crime? That’s what the convicted told the investigators. Are you down with vigilantes?

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Since the guy is dead and can't speak for himself it's possible he felt trapped and couldn't run away, some choose flight and some choose fight, he could have very well have taken the gun away from the attacker but then he probably would be incarcerated for defending himself the way the system works, it's pretty obvious that some people feel that it's self defense if you are armed but the unarmed guy should run from a gun forgetting the part that out running bullets isn't easy but if you are close enough to grab the weapon you could have a better chance
    Dear old Klan Dad had his 357 magnum out and pointed at Arbery as well. Arbery's best chance for survival would have been to get the shotgun then shoot Dad first.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    I just mean I’m not stopping for some random dude until they make me with a gun.

Otherwise I am getting the fuck away from them until I can’t.

I think it’s what 99% of us are teaching our kids about strangers who are trying to stop you or make you go somewhere with them. Get away from them and if you can’t, make a shit load of noise and fight.
    This is ludicrous, just give up and everything will be okay. I’m sure the police down there would have sent Aubrey on his way. Look how they handled the convicted after the shooting

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Dear old Klan Dad had his 357 magnum out and pointed at Arbery as well. Arbery's best chance for survival would have been to get the shotgun then shoot Dad first.
    Some of the crackers in this forum missed the part where he was chased down by guys in vehicles and thought they were going to grab him trying to make a "citizen's arrest" and they were intent on catching him
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”