Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

And it's not like he left the house and thought "okay, what should I do if a couple hillbillies chase me down today?" He's out there for a jog and just reacted to the situation, same as the two hillbillies. They're 100% the guilty ones because they left their house with the intent of apprehending Arbery. They done fucked up and now they should pay for it.

Apparently some people need to hear this—> jogging has nothing to do with anything, for either side. The questions a jury will answer is was he legally pursued and was he lawfully engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    What’s the evidence for that narrative?
    oh my god

Anybody know this m series jong irl?

Show up to the next gathering and tell me to shut the fuck up to my face JONG
    i would like to tell you to shut up face to face - fuck me

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    And marking assumptions based solely on what we saw on video is not at all ignorant....
    It is all we know unless you in your infinite wisdom know more?

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    You want to tell him to shut up and fuck you? What?

not that its an excuse but maybe joggin isnt on the radar for a couple of obese rascist shot gun owners in the south ?

I got buddy from really up narth and he sez if they catch you jogging at -25 they will stop and ask if yer truck broke down/if yer ok cuz its the right hing to do

they don't understand running for exercise or even why buddy would own a japanese truck ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

https://youtu.be/B6nFhcI4tgI

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Criminal justice is strictly a political process. The party with the least political power always gets fucked.

This case shows the power shift:
    At first, it was good ol boys having more local political power than a black victim so the black guy gets fucked. Now the locally-powerless black community has recruited state and national elements having more political power than the hicksville good ol boys so the hicks get fucked.

At some point maybe the hicks recruit the nra, angry white trumpy koch brothers political power and we have an even matchup. But it’s never about finding the truth or doing what right or serving justice, it’s just whoever has the most political power wins.
    Except that in this case one side is right and one side is wrong. To believe that it's only about political power means that lynching and the federal authority that eventually put an end to a lot of it (not all of it obviously) are equivalent. Obviously the more powerful wins, but there is right and wrong; sometimes the greater power is on the side of right, sometimes on the side of wrong.. Sometimes the side in power does what it does for moral reasons. Believing it is only politics, that it is only about power and not about right and wrong is to allow yourself to turn your on evil, but when you do that you are turning down the road to hell.

Apparently some people need to hear this—> jogging has nothing to do with anything, for either side. The questions a jury will answer is was he legally pursued and was he lawfully engaged.
    Awesome legal synopsis Farmer Fuckface! Go back under your bridge.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Criminal justice is strictly a political process. The party with the least political power always gets fucked.

This case shows the power shift:
    At first, it was good ol boys having more local political power than a black victim so the black guy gets fucked. Now the locally-powerless black community has recruited state and national elements having more political power than the hicksville good ol boys so the hicks get fucked.

At some point maybe the hicks recruit the nra, angry white trumpy koch brothers political power and we have an even matchup. But it’s never about finding the truth or doing what right or serving justice, it’s just whoever has the most political power wins.
    Except that in this case one side is right and one side is wrong. To believe that it's only about political power means that lynching and the federal authority that eventually put an end to a lot of it (not all of it obviously) are equivalent. Obviously the more powerful wins, but there is right and wrong; sometimes the greater power is on the side of right, sometimes on the side of wrong.. Sometimes the side in power does what it does for moral reasons. Believing it is only politics, that it is only about power and not about right and wrong is to allow yourself to turn your on evil, but when you do that you are turning down the road to hell.

As far as how he should behave. Police and soldiers with training (some more some less) behave in irrational ways under stress all the time and someone winds up dead who shouldn't have. What makes you think a crime victim with no training and no expectation when their day started that they would be in a life or death situation will do better? Think of it this way--if you are actually fleeing the scene of a crime maybe you think or realize the people confronting you know you did it and you comply. If they're in uniform you are even more likely to comply. But a black person who has no reason to think anyone has a legitimate reason to stop him is chased on confronted by 2 armed crackers could come to the rational conclusion that they stopped him for the sole reason they wanted to do him grievous harm and that the best chance he had was to fight back.

What do they tell women who are being abducted at knife or gunpoint--struggle or scream right then and there but don't go with the assailant to a secluded place to be raped and murdered. You may wind up dead anyways, but your best chance is to fight back while you are still in at least a semi public place.

What we will probably never know is whether these guys decided to go out and kill a black person or whether they truly believed he was a suspect they were trying to apprehend. Difference between 1st degree murder and 2nd degree or manslaughter.

Look, at the end of the day, for me, this boils down to one thing and one thing only: These three rednecks( don’t forget the POS who filmed the whole thing), felt they had the legal right to grab their guns, jump in their hillbilly wagon, and chase, confront, and shoot an unarmed black man. Period. You know what I’d do if I was sitting on my porch and saw someone run by who for whatever reason I thought had committed a crime? Call the fucking cops. Only in this case, their bullshit rationale they thought he was involved “in a string of recent burglaries” has already been disproven as 100% bullshit. The only burglary in that neighborhood was from January 1st, and it involved one of the mouth breathers reporting a stolen 9mm pistol. Which he left loaded in an unlocked car in his driveway. Fuck these guys. It took TEN WEEKS after they killed that young man before they were arrested. Any of the collective think that’d have gone down if the race roles were reversed? This is a fucking travesty, and if neufox’s prediction comes to pass, burn that fucking place down...../blog
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Taneytown is in MD btw

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Cool. Mark it down.

Let me dumb this down as much as I can:

It looks like a murder to me.
    These pigface hillbillies suck.
    It’s a shame Mr. Arbery couldn’t either find a way to escape or chill out, because once he started fighting the guys this was inevitable.

Jesus fucking Christ.

24 hours later and you’re still trying to blame him? What’s wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    And it's not like he left the house and thought "okay, what should I do if a couple hillbillies chase me down today?" He's out there for a jog and just reacted to the situation,
    Someday I hope black people don’t have to constantly worry about police and redneck skeezers roaming around trying to fuck up their shit. It’s just so gross.

Imagine being an upstanding young black man in a shitty neighborhood and you have to worry about all the neighborhood black on black crime and also worry about being a target for racists and the entire criminal justice system too. It’s just so hopelessly depressing it’s hard to even think about, let alone solve.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 05-11-2020 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    24 hours later and you’re still trying to blame him? What’s wrong with you?
    What?

It sucks he couldn’t have gotten out of it.

The whole thing sucks.

I write one thing and you assholes read another. Read carefully.
    For fucks sake.

write better for fucks sake....

He should have "chilled out" and "once HE started fighting" is the same victim-blaming you were posting yesterday.

I get what you're saying Yeti: he followed an ill-advised strategy. Ok. But one other thing to consider: how do you know he didn't decide that the risks were worth it? That we (really he and other young black men) will never get to that place we hope to reach if guys like him reliably comply with that kind of bullshit and he wasn't going to take it anymore? That's a valid decision and if he did think about this kind of situation ahead of time (which...duh) and this was his reaction, there is every chance that he valued his rights and those of his community enough to make that choice despite the odds. I bet you can understand that reaction.

That would be a valid decision. And it may turn out that his death helps move the ball forward on the whole issue even if that wasn't his intent. So maybe it will eventually be possible to say that he didn't die for nothing.

i thought this was a good opinion piece
    https://www.ajc.com/news/local/opini...0V4GTlY1h8bKP/
    the legal issues of the citizen's arrest are interesting. Being a dentist not a lawyer not sure if they are correct.
    off your knees Louie

IMV ill-advised strategy is not saying his murder was justified.

I read him as saying the victim could have played his cards better. And if he had done so he would possibly still be alive.

How is this the questions you have?

The 2 guys that murdered the victim weren’t law enforcement. You know that right?

There is no such thing as “legally pursued” and “lawfully engaged” by regular civilians.

I hope you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    How is this the questions you have?

The 2 guys that murdered the victim weren’t law enforcement. You know that right?

There is no such thing as “legally pursued” and “lawfully engaged” by regular civilians.

I hope you know that.

Georgia has a citizens arrest law, the caveat is that you need to witness the crime being committed, which doesn't appear to be the case here.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk