Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Pretend he was stealing supplies and caught on camera and the murderers 100% confirmed the jogging guy was the thief.

The verdict shouldn’t be any different (it might but shouldn’t)

The antiquated Citizen Arrest law only pertained to catching a criminal in the act.

Even if he were caught red handed, getting chased and shot should still be a crime. I mean this is minor theft of somebody else’s property and he is being confronted on a public street, not even the “victim’s” property.

Imagine if active property theft allowed random people to pull guns on others? Every Barney Fife wanna-be cop loss prevention officer would be going Rambo in the Target parking lot.

This case is closed, nothing left to argue, justice was actually served, RIP to Ahmaud.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Fair point, He = the prosecution

At no point in my commentary was I suggesting Arbery was guilty of anything, quite the opposite. But the savior complexes on here run fucking deep.
    No spittle here. You know that the way you compose posts and words and grammar mean something, right? It’s not our fault that you’re illiterate and can’t get your point across in an understandable way.

Your narrative is constructed in a way to try and convey understanding of why they pursued Arbery. Why? You can change your tone and say that’s not what you meant with your post but the post tells the story.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    No spittle here. You know that the way you compose posts and words and grammar mean something, right? It’s not our fault that you’re illiterate and can’t get your point across in an understandable way.

Your inability to follow a conversation means fuckall about my posts.

Your inability to follow a conversation means fuckall about my posts.
    At least we now know your racist tendencies. Thanks, there’s no doubt anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Speculative personal bias not born out by the posters you’re addressing but ironically gives a little insight into your engagement here
    Explain that with more than vague statements.
    What is this insight you gleaned from it? Color me intrigued.

At least we now know your racist tendencies. Thanks, there’s no doubt anymore

Pretty heavy accusation. I will ask you to explain your position. I’ll wait.

Pretty heavy accusation. I will ask you to explain your position. I’ll wait.
    I already did.

Your narrative is constructed in a way to try and convey understanding of why they pursued Arbery. Why? You can change your tone and say that’s not what you meant with your post but the post tells the story.
    Nice edit! My post was in response to the quote asking about his burglary history. I mentioned the facts, noting they had no bearing on that days events. And that’s pretty apparent from the fact that the person who quoted me first had the full “edited” message of mine in it. I changed nothing. You try doing the same.

I already did.

Sorry, I’m slow, you’re going to have to be more direct

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I’m not going to shoot anyone, so I don’t really identify with anybody shooting people. .

Not going to go to Wisconsin so I can hunt protesters.
    Not going to hold burglars at gunpoint.

I just think the guy who hunted protesters is a murderer and the guy who stopped a burglar and shot him when he charged at him to wrestle the gun away isn’t.
    And seeing it so clearly, and being so outnumbered by all of this over-the-top focus on race: the everything is racist, everybody is racist, race is the way to understand every interaction point of view, that’s not the way I think about things or live my life. So, freak out if you must.

I’m pretty confident this week means right wing crazies can hunt protesters, thinking they can get away with it, and black guys can burglarize at will.

2 shitty wrong outcomes. Dystopian mess. I don’t know why you people think any of this is good. I’ll just let you all talk shit about me for awhile. It’s fine, I’m pretty much on a desert island anyway. On one hand I’m totally angry and heartbroken by all the actual racism, on the other hand, if this whole ordeal is any indication, my views, being mainly based in trying to disregard race in my dealings with people and my understanding of social situations, are themselves racist, because not being racist, nowadays means always focusing on the racial aspects of everything so you can side against The Oppressor.
    I think at my age, with the life I’ve led, that bullshit is just a bridge too far. So can’t stand racists, can’t stand woke nonsense either. I have no team, no side, it’s a desert island of being constantly disappointed at the stew of dysfunctions driving our culture.
    If your takeaway from this case is that "black guys can burglarize at will" you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    +2

Taking this back IAS. What an awful take to double down on. Disregarding race in dealing with people is easy to do when the problem hasn’t been honestly acknowledged until recent years. It makes you uncomfortable to be lumped in with every shit kicking hill Jack because of your white skin. It’s supposed to in order to see this issue through their lens.

Sorry, I’m slow, you’re going to have to be more direct
    I don’t think I’m the only one that interpreted your post as being somewhat apologetic in regards to the perpetrators of this murder. You seemed to double down on this even though your post wasn’t factual about the video and that he(Arbery)admitted to something that wasn’t made public until after he was murdered. If that isn’t what you meant then you’re not very good at communicating.

I don’t think I’m the only one that interpreted your post as being somewhat apologetic in regards to the perpetrators of this murder. You seemed to double down on this even though your post wasn’t factual about the video and that he(Arbery)admitted to something that wasn’t made public until after he was murdered. If that isn’t what you meant then you’re not very good at communicating.

You're not the only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

How a couple of idiots “interpreted” something that didn’t need interpreting is not my problem

Ahmaud Arbery

How a couple of idiots “interpreted” something that didn’t need interpreting is not my problem
    Yeah, reading what you posted in the literal sense makes people idiots. You are disingenuous or stupid

Yeah, reading what you posted in the iteration sense makes people idiots. You are disingenuous or stupid

Tell me again how you know I’m a racist. Still waiting on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You're not the only one.
    TGR mob mentality in full effect. Maybe now I can be banned for imaginary racism too!

I'm not a racist but....
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'm not a racist but....
    And now the village idiot chimes in

And now the village idiot chimes in
    Take a look in the mirror

Take a look in the mirror

Tell me again how I’m racist

Tell us why you’re not. We’re just reading what you post.

Tell us why you’re not. We’re just reading what you post.

Then it should be easy for you to quote what you’re referring to, but “interpretations” might not come across clearly so please be explicit.

We’re just reading what you post.
    I have him on ignore.

So I'm just reading what people quote of his.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Then it should be easy for you to quote what you’re referring to, but “interpretations” might not come across clearly so please be explicit.
    I already did. I took what you posted in a literal sense and wasn’t the only one that read it that way. The burden is on you to explain how you’re not racist and what you meant by your post. Why did you post that Arbery had been seen on video before? Why did you post that he admitted to being in the house? Both of those things are untrue and happened after the murder. Go ahead, explain why you posted that.