Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Time will tell who’s right.

All I see is that the same people who bought the "hands up, don't shoot" (Brown), killed for a hoodie & skittles (Martin), killed for eating a sandwich in a park (Rice), immediately rushing to believe and repeat the "lynched for jogging while black" narrative...

Hope I’m wrong but I don’t think this is going to turn out well.

I'll bite. Trayvon deserved to be kilt in your view? What was he doing wrong?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

My view is that justice in this case, like the others I mentioned, will not be served.

It's unfortunate that the cops and lawyers shows are mostly out of NY and CA--those of us who got our law degrees from watching television would be able to litigate more successfully in the forum if we had exposure to the laws of other states. The lack of 2nd degree murder charge in GA was something missing from my legal education.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Not sure about that. I’ve seen five six posts unanswered or quoted. As if he’s talking to himself.
    wow, six unanswered posts and he hasn’t gone away!
    I bet you were the kid who took the one cookie immediately instead of waiting for two...

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I'll bite. Trayvon deserved to be kilt in your view? What was he doing wrong?
    No one deserves to be kilt.

Wtf is wrong with the Scots.

Kilts bagpipes and haggas?
    Great culture. Oh and the moors.
    . . .

Why do the Scotts wear kilts? Because sheep can hear a zipper a mile away.

Ahmaud Arbery

I spent 10 months in rural GA. And I had a young, college age, black kid knock on my door to sell magazine subscriptions once.

I asked him if he was fucking crazy, and why the fuck was he still in GA?

You don’t understand real racism until you live in fucked up places in the south.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I spent 10 months in rural GA. And I had a young, college age, black kid knock on my door to sell magazine subscriptions once.

I asked him if he was fucking crazy, and why the fuck was he still in GA?

You don’t understand real racism until you live in fucked up places in the south.

You don't need to leave San Francisco to understand real racism.

There's thousands of lily-white techbros stepping over less fortunate African Americans whilst drinking a $7 Philz coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Speaking of NAZI’s....

Attachment 328143

What??? The facial recognition skills I learnt in dental school sure do make that look like the dad!
    Any confirmation? Deep Fake cooked up by Obama as he rapes kids in basement of a pizza parlor in CT? Circumstantial proof of a hate crime?

I grew up a bit south of where this happened at the intersection of beach and swamp culture.
    Can't swing a dead cat and not hit a redneck racist west of US1 in that part of the country.
    There are a lotta fat grey fucks in S Georgia who haven't seen their peen in 20 years.
    That like to tie nooses and march around in their little grey caps and talk about heritage and southern culture.
    They'd goosestep but these fuckers ain't lifting a foot that high no way they can barely swing it over the seat of their fatboy.
    I grew up white and privileged around these folks who would not hide racism around "their kind".
    And those spawn went to the same schools that the hood kids did, the same one that I did.
    To grow up poor and black in the south is a misery you or I will never comprehend but let me assure you it is horrible.
    Only thing I can say compares in the United "by Gawd" States of Murica is the Indian Reservations I've seen in S Utah.
    I got a similar vibe to the southern ghettos, just with a much prettier backdrop
    Although it's hard to understand the misery index just driving through

Probably best to view this thread with a soundtrack
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Still talking politics in the main forum!

Last time we did this we lost like half the people who posted here and had to create the political asshattery wall so this garbage wasn’t on the front page all day and night.

I look at this website to stay in touch with old friends and the sport of skiing at large. Not to debate the news with a bunch of douchebags.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I look at this website to stay in touch with old friends and the sport of skiing at large. Not to debate the news with a bunch of douchebags.
    Your posting demonstrates otherwise.

If you don't want to participate in political conversation, no one is holding a gun to your head. You're free to take a lap.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Your posting demonstrates otherwise.

If you don't want to participate in political conversation, no one is holding a gun to your head. You're free to take a lap.
    +1

It might be a futile exercise keeping all politics out of a zone for free for all conversation even though I agree that this and fear and loathing thread should have a potential polyass warning in the thread title.
    The subjects are wound pretty tight with politics and I am guilty of pushing the political side of it here.
    Self reflection is good and something I struggle with, not everyone can take off their polyass-hat or even reason their position in this whole conversation.
    I do appreciate the inputs from non polyass commentators on polyass stuff.
    Gives me hope
    This is a tough place to be in these unprecedented times
    /polyassout

If they would just bring back tags it would all be better
    Bunny Don't Surf

IMO, this isn't a political thread, this is a news thread, which has always had a place in the padded room. Occasionally news threads devolve into mostly politics, but this one hasn't crossed that line from what I have seen; sure there are some individual posts that cross the line but if that was the standard, lots of shit would have to get constantly moderated. Maybe it's worse than I realize, I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on. But so far, only one person has complained, if more people agree then maybe it gets moved.

Shitposting in a thread a bunch, and THEN complaining loudly that the thread shouldn't be in this forum is, well, it's something.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It was never my intention for this thread to be poliass material, but if the mods wanna move it cause cementhead has dove in with his trolling drivel, whatever......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You questioned my twitterage with a (right or wrong) counter-point. Mods break out the mother fucking ban hammer and teach this insolent fuck not to mess with my narrative
    couldn't agree more...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Shitposting in a thread a bunch, and THEN complaining loudly that the thread shouldn't be in this forum is, well, it's something.
    +elevnty bazillion
    Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Can those of you who for whatever reason
    Insist on using the word negro in this thread stop? I thought that shit went out of vogue years ago

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk
    How's darky?

Fake news or a trend? I've been wondering when enough was enough.

Armed blacks patrol white neighborhood.

https://newsone.com/3940390/ahmaud-a...xjuWAimQPyQYV0
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How's darky?
    BRO. Easy with that.
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How's darky?

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    IMO, this isn't a political thread, this is a news thread, which has always had a place in the padded room. Occasionally news threads devolve into mostly politics, but this one hasn't crossed that line from what I have seen; sure there are some individual posts that cross the line but if that was the standard, lots of shit would have to get constantly moderated. Maybe it's worse than I realize, I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on. But so far, only one person has complained, if more people agree then maybe it gets moved.

wtf your sad fuckin poliass atenna needs some fixins
    if you don't want to moderate and do a job give it up
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno