Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    “These men were vigilantes, they were a posse and they performed a modern lynching in the middle of the day,” said Lee Merritt, an attorney for Arbery's mother.
    Agreed, some fuckin crackers did that to my child, I would be on my way to their house to fuckin blow them away, as there is no justice in the South.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    OP. this is a pretty good, if dramatic, summation of the view north of I-20.

https://georgiarecorder.com/2020/05/...-video-insane/
    Wow. Thanks for that.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I saw yard signs in my neighborhood of Buckhead with simply #AHMAUD on them on our evening walk yesterday. Protest at the Capitol yesterday, I heard there was a gathering at the Martin Luther King Jr. Nat'l Center last night, and you'll be seeing much more this weekend with good weather and more people out and about.

Brunswick is a very long way away from ATL, both geographically, politically and socially. It's Low Country, it's one of the biggest shipping ports on the East Coast, historically rural and poor, but surrounded by some of the most expensive real estate on the EC in St. Simons, Sea Island and Jekyll Island. Combined with the good ol boy network that exists in inland Low Country, the COVID lockdown and relatively remote location I'm not surprised, disgusted, but not surprised, it's taken this long to boil over.

It's been on the radar of a few of my law school buddies' social media feeds that practice criminal law downstate, but pretty much kept quiet until the past week. I'm very pleased to see that GBI, and not local investigators are on the case and I hope to see a Justice Dept Civil Rights investigation open soon to run concurrently with the GBI's. The "reasoning" by now-recused DA Barnhill is particularly disturbing. I'm not a criminal jock, and I never set foot in a courtroom, but anyone who took the bar in GA knows that you can't claim self defense with lethal force if you initiated pursuit. His statement reads like a roadmap to a defense of what should be the accused.

It's sick all around. I'm particularly confused about the videographer. I'm glad the evidence exists, but what was the intent of this piece of trash, get some good snuff footage for his spank bank? Trash, all of them. BLM was pretty heated here, I expect this to be even moreso given the massive amount of free time so many people have these days.
    Thanks Bmills. This is a complete fucking travesty. Mrs. Seano was crying over it last night. I don't even know what to say....
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

-Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

what's it going to take to get this country to function as it should?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    what's it going to take to get this country to function as it should?
    The rule of law would be a good start.

Both arrested for murder and aggravated assault by GBI. Put em in gen pop and lets see how things play out.

A good start.

But given the rash of no-convictions in similar cases -- I ain't holding my breath.

People who lynch someone deserve to rot in jail.

This is just disgusting.

Even worse is if there wasn’t that video those two would be free. Imagine how many times pieces of shit like this do this stuff and don’t get caught on video.

And the reactions from the officials doing nothing. Holy shit.

Fuck southern Georgia.

I hear Atlanta is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

On PBS tonight they said investigators were also considering charging the guy who took the video from his vehicle. He allegedly was assisting in chasing Arbery.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    On PBS tonight they said investigators were also considering charging the guy who took the video from his vehicle. He allegedly was assisting in chasing Arbery.
    My thoughts exactly since the video broke.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    The rule of law would be a good start.
    Right? Except we have a pResident who is setting a very bad example, which encourages the déplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Nutty thing is that this videographer probably thought his work vindicated the father/son team so much he handed it to prosecutors as evidence of self defense.

Hopefully we see the videographer charged soon.

I finally watched the video. It does seem to have a little in common with Trayvon. It looks like the two guys in the pickup ambush him as he's jogging by. There wasn't any audio, but if an armed redneck jumped out and yelled 'citizens arrest' or commanded something of me, it would probably provoke a fight of flight response. Ahmaud felt like he had to fight and it resulted in his life. There may be a crack of daylight where the Rush Limbaugh types will want to run in and scream about self defense but if that isn't a textbook 2021 lynching i don't know what is.

The willingness of these assholes to take the law into their own hands based on the color of someone's skin is absurd. And the Key and Peele hoodie sketch is spot on. Fucking murderers.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Nutty thing is that this videographer probably thought his work vindicated the father/son team so much he handed it to prosecutors as evidence of self defense.
    Apparently he’s an attorney so my guess is exactly this.

Lock him up too.
    I still call it The Jake.

Realistically can we expect to see any repercussions aimed at the officials who didn't do shit with this until it went public? In my eyes they're as bad as the murders themselves and if allowed to remain in position is a huge slight of justice.

nope.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Realistically can we expect to see any repercussions aimed at the officials who didn't do shit with this until it went public? In my eyes they're as bad as the murders themselves and if allowed to remain in position is a huge slight of justice.
    People in Georgia were already pissed about the gerrymandering and this is going to bring out even more people in the next election. So, hopefully.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Don't forget a Trump ball licker who wants all the inner city blacks to die from the virus by opening everything up.

Trump beat Hillary by over 7 points in GA. Since then his black support has quadrupled. Good luck with that.

The only videos I can find have a shaky view with no context setup...like, why are you filming, are you driving or parked, how did the fight start...how did they go from not interacting to fighting, etc

I can see guy running, I can see a fight, I can see the shot, I can’t see a lot of the other context everyone is discussing.

I may be biased from being falsely accused last year, and having lots of people giving fabricated statements and lying to police, and a cop and prosecutor just running with it all, fabricating contexts and motives and dialogues and treating assumptions of my thoughts and things they imagined, treating a whole superstructure of lies as evidence and assumptions based on those lies as facts.

So I guess pardon me if that shaky incomplete video clip leaves me with a ton of questions, instead of a sense of knowing exactly what happened. I don’t know how the fuck some of these reporters come up with all these firm narratives of the context and details of the interaction based on that shitty video clip.

I feel badly for everyone involved, this country is awful. People are awful. The news is awful. The internet is awful. It’s so depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by steepconcrete View Post
    Trump beat Hillary by over 7 points in GA. Since then his black support has quadrupled. Good luck with that.

God, you're dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    The only videos I can find have a shaky view with no context setup...like, why are you filming, are you driving or parked, how did the fight start...how did they go from not interacting to fighting, etc

I can see guy running, I can see a fight, I can see the shot, I can’t see a lot of the other context everyone is discussing.

I may be biased from being falsely accused last year, and having lots of people giving fabricated statements and lying to police, and a cop and prosecutor just running with it all, fabricating contexts and motives and dialogues and treating assumptions of my thoughts and things they imagined, treating a whole superstructure of lies as evidence and assumptions based on those lies as facts.

So I guess pardon me if that shaky incomplete video clip leaves me with a ton of questions, instead of a sense of knowing exactly what happened. I don’t know how the fuck some of these reporters come up with all these firm narratives of the context and details of the interaction based on that shitty video clip.

I feel badly for everyone involved, this country is awful. People are awful. The news is awful. The internet is awful. It’s so depressing.
    Confuse a jury enough with those exact thoughts, and these guys walk.