Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

"Each man's death diminishes me,
    For I am involved in mankind."
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Umm, he’s from Michigan, nuff said. No one hacked his account.
    What does being from Michigan have to do with it? Oh yeah you’re the champion of cunts

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Wait, we have people blaming Arbery? Fucking hell, I guess it makes it easier to out the closeted racists.
    We have people defending the people that are blaming Arbery. We even have buttintake chiming in with random insults aimed at both sides in the discussion, that’s relevant and helpful.

Whenever there’s shit and assholes, theres beatahflake. He’s the Alfred Krupp of tgr.

I’m not the only one who is tired of your incessant whining. You really are insufferable.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I’m not the only one who is tired of your incessant whining. You really are insufferable.
    That may be true but you've yet to be on the winning side of an argument of who is an insufferable cunt.

Go post more pics of Lycra clad man ass from the back of the peloton

Ahmaud Arbery

At least I’m doing something outside, you, not so much. Keyboard bitch.
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Your last paragraph is the most relevant here. Arbery was likely terrified. Growing up in GA and probably experienced racism on a daily basis. Two trucks of armed white men chasing him through a neighborhood for what seemed to him like no reason. They made contact with him in a moving vehicle. They were yelling at him. At no point, by their admission, did they say he was under arrest. When he’s finally exhausted from running they box him in and two of them point guns at him. I would think that they’re trying to kill me and would fight like hell.

Guns are a problem but they weren’t used for self defense in this situation. You can claim that Arbery should have handled this better but I’m pretty sure that no one posting here knows what it’s like to grow up as a black male in GA. This is a tragic event but Arbery has zero blame if you believe that we’re supposed to be living in a free country.

Blind reductionism is taking away from this that black men can burglarize at will or that you’re not allowed to protect your property anymore because of this verdict. The simplistic and ignorant.

I think they’re all relevant. I liked the second one. I kinda think it’s most relevant. If it’s ever ok to kill somebody else with a gun, we are going to have stuff like this that breaks down around racism and tribalism and other stupid shit. Until then and even then, if somebody has a gun they win the immediate argument. That sucks, but it’s a useful takeaway. It’s not wrong to focus on how fucked up that is and acknowledge how to react in those situations irrespective of racism and everything else.

But thanks for being an arbiter.

I’d agree that the hot take in re: burglaring at will and lack of property rights was poor.
    focus.

Take a lap
    Are you posting this off the back? I’ll wait to ride, it’s still dark here. Child

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I think they’re all relevant. I liked the second one. I kinda think it’s most relevant. If it’s ever ok to kill somebody else with a gun, we are going to have stuff like this that breaks down around racism and tribalism and other stupid shit. Until then and even then, if somebody has a gun they win the immediate argument. That sucks, but it’s a useful takeaway. It’s not wrong to focus on how fucked up that is and acknowledge how to react in those situations irrespective of racism and everything else.

But thanks for being an arbiter.

I’d agree that the hot take in re: burglaring at will and lack of property rights was poor.
    Most gun lovers that have the self defense fantasy don’t really believe they will suffer consequences from picking up a gun in the first place. These idiots that chased and murdered Arbery really believed they were righteous in their pursuit and murder. They believed it was self defense when Travis shot Arbery. This wasn’t because of gun culture it was the result of centuries of deep seated racism in the south even if they didn’t realize it. I think in this instance the gun culture issue is a background issue, they could have killed him with their trucks when they tried to run him off the road. Bryan hit him with his truck hard enough to scrape fiber from Arbery’s clothing and leave a dent, Arbery left prints on Bryan’s moving vehicle.

Take a lap
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1638380493.567742.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	394803

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    "Each man's death diminishes me,
    For I am involved in mankind."
    QFT.. 100% agree.. We're all connected on some spiritual plain somehow..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Life w/o possibility of parole for the McMichaels, life w/ possibility for the other asshole…….
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Life w/o possibility of parole for the McMichaels, life w/ possibility for the other asshole…….
    Throw away the fucking keys.
    swing your fucking sword.

yup

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I feel sorry for Ahmaud's family as they will no doubt have to endure years of appeals so these assholes can try and weasel their way out of accountability

I bet they've already started getting their white power tats for prison rep..

Really hope this backwards-ass po-duck georgia backwater continues to teach Wisconsin and the nation about justice by holding Jackie Johnson accountable for her part.
    "Can't you see..."

Just waiting for one of those Fox News assholes to claim that the trial was unfair. Probably Carlson
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Just waiting for one of those Fox News assholes to claim that the trial was unfair. Probably Carlson
    If wants unfair, he can let someone chase him down in a pickup and shoot him.

I really fuckin hate to write this, but, the way things are going these 3 are going to be lobbying hard to be pardoned by the next trump-fucking cracker that gets elected Governor in GA, and will have the weight of a lot of people behind them. I don't see it happening just yet, but just think of how hard you could trigger the libs with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    I really fuckin hate to write this, but, the way things are going these 3 are going to be lobbying hard to be pardoned by the next trump-fucking cracker that gets elected Governor in GA, and will have the weight of a lot of people behind them. I don't see it happening just yet, but just think of how hard you could trigger the libs with that one.
    That's why the feds are still pursuing it as civil rights and hate crime charges.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    I kinda think no. You have to go pretty far down the rabbit hole to find someone who doesn't think the McMichaels are guilty. I think it would be career suicide.

Anyone seen Yeti around?

Are any mainstream public figures criticizing the verdict/sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    I kinda think no. You have to go pretty far down the rabbit hole to find someone who doesn't think the McMichaels are guilty. I think it would be career suicide.

Anyone seen Yeti around?

Are any mainstream public figures criticizing the verdict/sentence?
    I sure as hell hope no. But for some reason I have this weird feeling that there are parallels to the Eddie Gallagher case, wherein, trump pardoned a war criminal pretty much in order to score points with the despicables, and of course troll the libs. And they loved it.

This was a guy whose peers literally called him fucking evil, he was guilty as far as everyone from his direct reports to the fucking secretary of defense thought. He's a free man today though