Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Results 826 to 850 of 879

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

  1. #826
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Oh my god he doesn’t think the way I think!! May he rot in hell!! Hahah…. Fucking weak ass people.
    Naw, I just carry a gun everywhere because I'm so afraid of people I disagree with and vice versa..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  2. #827
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    239
    You want to shoot people you disagree with? Wtf?

  3. #828
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    10,713
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    A demonstration that you really don't know what it's like being black in America.
    .
    You tell me what itís like being black and Iíll tell you what itís like being Irish.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #829
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    You want to shoot people you disagree with? Wtf?
    Why else would anyone carry a gun??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  5. #830
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    239
    A bunch of reasons. But yours isnít a great one.

    I think youíre in the wrong thread.

  6. #831
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post

    I think you’re in the wrong thread.
    You look pretty suspicious to me...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  7. #832
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    239
    Howís that?

  8. #833
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    You look pretty suspicious to me...
    I mean the guy admitted his house is like ten miles from that school shooting. You'd have about the same rational to holding him at gun point for your 'citizen's suspicious arrest fever dream' as Arbery's killers.

  9. #834
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    17,150
    Don't get in a dispute over hunting access and then go looking for trouble over in Alburgh: https://www.wcax.com/2021/11/29/poli...urgh-shooting/

  10. #835
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,467
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    You look pretty suspicious to me...
    I agree. Round up Sea Bass and the boys, grab your guns, and letís follow this choad next time he leaves his house and ask him some questions.

    If he runs or fights us we can put him down.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #836
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    239
    I mean if thatís your thing thatís cool with me.

    Youíll be the one in prison and Iíll be crushing endless pow while doing all kinds of corked spins off hudge cliffs in the afterlife.

  12. #837
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,601
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Post the picture of you drunk and holding a gun to your own head again.

    WTF happened to you?
    Geez I wasnít even that drunk. Just buzzed enough to thing posing for and posting the pic was a good idea

    But hey go ahead and bring it up every time I post something you donít like. Seems the more effective my post. The more personal and nasty you get

    People are watching. I donít even need respond
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  13. #838
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,845
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Times change. This thread is really about what a bummer you are to the community in general. And how others have really had enough

    Iím guessing you as part of the lowest common denominator crowd have not quite caught on yet.

    I donít remember you being such a tool ten years ago. ?
    WTF happened to you
    I laughed out loud reading this. Iím really feeling the heat, what with everyone having had enough of me.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  14. #839
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,845
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Geez I wasnít even that drunk. Just buzzed enough to thing posing for and posting the pic was a good idea

    But hey go ahead and bring it up every time I post something you donít like. Seems the more effective my post. The more personal and nasty you get

    People are watching. I donít even need respond
    Itís nice to know that you donít have to be THAT drunk to point a loaded gun at your head and that taking a selfie and posting it here was a good idea. Seems reasonable


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #840
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,452
    Pretty sure any reasonable person of authority would deem a person not mentally stable enough to own a gun after seeing evidence of that behavior..

    Responsible gun owner LOL!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  16. #841
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    32,697
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Geez I wasnít even that drunk. Just buzzed enough to thing posing for and posting the pic was a good idea

    But hey go ahead and bring it up every time I post something you donít like. Seems the more effective my post. The more personal and nasty you get

    People are watching. I donít even need respond
    You're a fucking idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  17. #842
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Geez I wasnít even that drunk. Just buzzed enough to thing posing for and posting the pic was a good idea

    But hey go ahead and bring it up every time I post something you donít like. Seems the more effective my post. The more personal and nasty you get

    People are watching. I donít even need respond
    Dude, no offense but if "people are watching" anything, you should be the one tightening up your shit. You know??

    Get some help.

  18. #843
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Pretty sure any competitive recreational shooter would deem a person not mentally stable enough to own a gun after seeing evidence of that behavior..

    Responsible gun owner LOL!
    Fify

    sorry if that's a cheap shot but really... This thread wasn't about guns, as been previously stated.

  19. #844
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    3,769

    Ahmaud Arbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    In case you were not aware, not long ago IAS was falsely accused of a crime. The police believed the accusers, and due to the realities of the justice system he took a plea deal and now has a criminal record. By his logic here his accusers should have been legally allowed to detain him at gunpoint on public property until police arrived.
    I donít think thatís what he is saying at all, both from reading here and talking to him outside of here. I think heís saying that if his accusers had him at gunpoint and he had lunged at them or tried to fight them, thereís a really good chance he would have been shot, and rights, wrongs, and legalities notwithstanding, that would have been a stupid move for him and heíd have to take some responsibility for making a stupid move.

    Our gun culture is fucked up and that conversation absolutely belongs in this thread. You can have guns. And you can use guns. But donít kill anybody with them. Except sometimes, and then you may or may not still receive a life altering sentence. The finer points of that last is pretty unclear to ignorant racist rednecks in places like GA.

    ^^that isnít me advocating for or against gun rights. Iím not really a gun guy and Iíd prefer my neighbors to not be gun nuts either. But if we allow guns for ďself defenseĒ then shit like this is gonna happen and if we live in that society we have to be a little smart about situations involving guns and maybe thatís victim blaming but thatís not the point. Iím not here to adjudicate the trial or the verdict or anything else, just talking about how this stuff happens and sure it can be about race and it can be about bigotry and ignorance, but as these micro situations develop there comes a point when itís not really about any of those things.

    If Iím in Arberyís situation Iím going to be terrified and I may or may not make good decisions, but I think we can agree that there is a right way and a wrong way for me to handle itÖ. Right giving me the best chance of walking away and wrong, wellÖ. Unless my point is that Iím allowed to do what I was doing and you arenít allowed to threaten me with a gun and everything else. And then maybe I do what I do and I pay a consequence to earn a national conversation about these things. This shit has so many facets to it, and the conversation isnít served by blind reductionism.
    focus.

  20. #845
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    9,832
    MagnificentUnicorn really is an insufferable cunt. This much is true.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  21. #846
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    17,150
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    MagnificentUnicorn really is an insufferable cunt. This much is true.
    You would know.

  22. #847
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    3,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Our gun culture is fucked up.
    Yes.
    "Can't you see..."

  23. #848
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,845
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    MagnificentUnicorn really is an insufferable cunt. This much is true.
    Itís nice owning space in your head. Isnít that the line you use? Go huff more wax fumes. Adults are talking


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #849
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,845

    Ahmaud Arbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I donít think thatís what he is saying at all, both from reading here and talking to him outside of here. I think heís saying that if his accusers had him at gunpoint and he had lunged at them or tried to fight them, thereís a really good chance he would have been shot, and rights, wrongs, and legalities notwithstanding, that would have been a stupid move for him and heíd have to take some responsibility for making a stupid move.

    Our gun culture is fucked up and that conversation absolutely belongs in this thread. You can have guns. And you can use guns. But donít kill anybody with them. Except sometimes, and then you may or may not still receive a life altering sentence. The finer points of that last is pretty unclear to ignorant racist rednecks in places like GA.

    ^^that isnít me advocating for or against gun rights. Iím not really a gun guy and Iíd prefer my neighbors to not be gun nuts either. But if we allow guns for ďself defenseĒ then shit like this is gonna happen and if we live in that society we have to be a little smart about situations involving guns and maybe thatís victim blaming but thatís not the point. Iím not here to adjudicate the trial or the verdict or anything else, just talking about how this stuff happens and sure it can be about race and it can be about bigotry and ignorance, but as these micro situations develop there comes a point when itís not really about any of those things.

    If Iím in Arberyís situation Iím going to be terrified and I may or may not make good decisions, but I think we can agree that there is a right way and a wrong way for me to handle itÖ. Right giving me the best chance of walking away and wrong, wellÖ. Unless my point is that Iím allowed to do what I was doing and you arenít allowed to threaten me with a gun and everything else. And then maybe I do what I do and I pay a consequence to earn a national conversation about these things. This shit has so many facets to it, and the conversation isnít served by blind reductionism.
    Your last paragraph is the most relevant here. Arbery was likely terrified. Growing up in GA and probably experienced racism on a daily basis. Two trucks of armed white men chasing him through a neighborhood for what seemed to him like no reason. They made contact with him in a moving vehicle. They were yelling at him. At no point, by their admission, did they say he was under arrest. When heís finally exhausted from running they box him in and two of them point guns at him. I would think that theyíre trying to kill me and would fight like hell.

    Guns are a problem but they werenít used for self defense in this situation. You can claim that Arbery should have handled this better but Iím pretty sure that no one posting here knows what itís like to grow up as a black male in GA. This is a tragic event but Arbery has zero blame if you believe that weíre supposed to be living in a free country.

    Blind reductionism is taking away from this that black men can burglarize at will or that youíre not allowed to protect your property anymore because of this verdict. The simplistic and ignorant.

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  25. #850
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Planning an exit
    Posts
    5,677
    Wait, we have people blaming Arbery? Fucking hell, I guess it makes it easier to out the closeted racists.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •