Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 879

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

  1. #551
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    12,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    One more thing to give thanks for today.

    I'll be surprised if she does time, but fired and disbarred could be a nice little Christmas present.
    She was already fired by the voters last year
    I don’t see her doing time either. Her experience in genpop would not likely be positive.

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    10,705

    Ahmaud Arbery

    Ok, so I get what the father/son duo did, they were both armed , chased the guy, shot him etc. gave up their right to self defense. Fuck them.

    But Iím struggling to see how the neighbor went down so hard. He was unarmed, and other than following them all in his own vehicle, I canít see what he did. He stayed in his car. In fact, coming forward with the video is what brought the other two assholes down.

    What else did he do? Because if thatís it, I think Iím never leaving my house again.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    2 hours from anything
    Posts
    9,459
    He helped chase him down and participated in the murder. Once the act is a murder, anyone else who participated in it is also guilty. I.e. if you rob a store with someone and they kill the cashier you are also guilty of murder. Even if you had no knowledge they were going to kill them.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #554
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    10,705
    Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    He helped chase him down and participated in the murder. Once the act is a murder, anyone else who participated in it is also guilty. I.e. if you rob a store with someone and they kill the cashier you are also guilty of murder. Even if you had no knowledge they were going to kill them.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Ok, I can see that. But I canít find any details on how far he went. Was he communicating with the father/son?

    If the same happened in most neighborhoods, curiosity would lead most to follow. Is there evidence he was chasing the kid himself?

    All Iíve seen is the video where he pulls up.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,566
    Read the Georgia statute. And Happy T-Day to you and yours.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  6. #556
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    322
    I am not a lawyer or dentist, but I do know how to google:


    • (c) A person commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he or she causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.


    https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia...ection-16-5-1/

  7. #557
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Ok, I can see that. But I can’t find any details on how far he went. Was he communicating with the father/son?

    If the same happened in most neighborhoods, curiosity would lead most to follow. Is there evidence he was chasing the kid himself?

    All I’ve seen is the video where he pulls up.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It's kind of hard to make the argument you weren't chasing Arbery after you've argued you were making a lawful citizen's arrest. You know there was a trial with attorney's and shit right?
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

  8. #558
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    10,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    It's kind of hard to make the argument you weren't chasing Arbery after you've argued you were making a lawful citizen's arrest. You know there was a trial with attorney's and shit right?
    Sorry, did not watch it. Just trying to learn more detail about the third guy.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #559
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Ok, so I get what the father/son duo did, they were both armed , chased the guy, shot him etc. gave up their right to self defense. Fuck them.

    But Iím struggling to see how the neighbor went down so hard. He was unarmed, and other than following them all in his own vehicle, I canít see what he did. He stayed in his car. In fact, coming forward with the video is what brought the other two assholes down.

    What else did he do? Because if thatís it, I think Iím never leaving my house again.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Because he didnít intervene and wasnít immediately forthcoming with the video. Youíve heard of accessory to murder right?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #560
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    10,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Sorry, did not watch it. Just trying to learn more detail about the third guy.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Is your curiosity based on you doing the same thing in a situation like that? The guy participated in the pursuit, took footage of the whole thing and didnít report it. Heís guilty, is it that hard to understand?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  11. #561
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,371
    Vidiot guy was also assisting in the pursuit of Arbery. Without him it's only two instead of three people and one less vehicle chasing Ahmed. He definitely played a significant part in the pursuit.. It's what happened after they caught Arbery that vidiot guy didn't play as active a role in.. but also bears responsibility for per GA law..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  12. #562
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,050
    Yeah, but, without him, ironically, the other guys would have gotten away with murder.

    Phone video has changed our justice system dramatically. It's pretty remarkable. I had an issue in my condo complex that lingered for a year and a half until I provided video proof of an asshole being an asshole, and, poof, problem solved.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  13. #563
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    17,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but, without him, ironically, the other guys would have gotten away with murder.

    Phone video has changed our justice system dramatically. It's pretty remarkable. I had an issue in my condo complex that lingered for a year and a half until I provided video proof of an asshole being an asshole, and, poof, problem solved.
    You were pissing in your neighbors mail slot "in your sleep"?

  14. #564
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,816
    Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Yep. Happy Turkey Day to you and yours, Ted.
    Thanks Sean, hope yours was good as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    She was already fired by the voters last year
    I don’t see her doing time either. Her experience in genpop would not likely be positive.
    I guess I knew and forgot that. The outcome will be interesting. The voicemail is pretty damning.

    Whatever she gets, Barnhill deserves some of too. But that won't happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Because he didn’t intervene and wasn’t immediately forthcoming with the video. You’ve heard of accessory to murder right?
    IANAL, but that's my take too. Observe a crime, report a crime. If it's not reported, the first question is why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yeah, but, without him, ironically, the other guys would have gotten away with murder.

    Phone video has changed our justice system dramatically. It's pretty remarkable.
    Definitely. The third rule of fight club is no cell phones.

  15. #565
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,371
    As much as the ability of the masses to record video has changed the justice system for the better, I fear that video will become as inadmissible as lie detector tests thanks to the development and effectiveness of deep fake technology. . Police body cams will still be useful, but what if someone on the side of law enforcement deep fakes those too?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  16. #566
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    8,000
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    As much as the ability of the masses to record video has changed the justice system for the better, I fear that video will become as inadmissible as lie detector tests thanks to the development and effectiveness of deep fake technology. . Police body cams will still be useful, but what if someone on the side of law enforcement deep fakes those too?
    You been following the Rittenhouse defense? Dumb ass, lack of tech savvy, judges are on that side already.

  17. #567
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    I am not a lawyer or dentist, but I do know how to google:


    • (c) A person commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he or she causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.


    https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia...ection-16-5-1/
    Iíve always had issues with these types of laws. I suspect they were created to make sure as many black people as possible are locked up for a crime. I feel bad for get away drivers getting life (even death) because an idiot friend got trigger happy. In this case Iím glad to see it applied to a white redneck.

  18. #568
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    I’ve always had issues with these types of laws. I suspect they were created to make sure as many black people as possible are locked up for a crime. I feel bad for get away drivers getting life (even death) because an idiot friend got trigger happy. In this case I’m glad to see it applied to a white redneck.
    Felony murder is older than the "need" of such a device for the locking up of black people. It goes back hundreds of years.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  19. #569
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    757
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    As much as the ability of the masses to record video has changed the justice system for the better, I fear that video will become as inadmissible as lie detector tests thanks to the development and effectiveness of deep fake technology. . Police body cams will still be useful, but what if someone on the side of law enforcement deep fakes those too?
    Body cams are proving to be pretty useless since cops can turn their own cameras off and on at will.

  20. #570
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Way East Tennessee
    Posts
    4,236
    Felony murder is typically viewed as a conspiracy type of charge. Two defendants decide to break into a house. During the process, the homeowner confronts them, and one decides to shoot the homeowner. Both were knowingly participating in a conduct that resulted in the felonious death "murder" of a person. The shooter gets the murder charge, and the sidekick gets felony murder, which is typically one step less in penalty. For example, if murder is a class A felony, felony murder would be a class B.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

  21. #571
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    STL
    Posts
    10,705
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Is your curiosity based on you doing the same thing in a situation like that? The guy participated in the pursuit, took footage of the whole thing and didnít report it. Heís guilty, is it that hard to understand?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I can see a lot of neighbors taking their neighbors word for it when they say theyíve caught a burglar. Curiosity would lead alot of people to check it out, film it.

    But Iím guessing this tool did alot more, like drive around and block the kid on the road somewhere. Just trying to learn exactly how far he went.

    The lesson here is mind your own business, donít befriend neighbors, they might be fucking idiots and kill someone.

    Thatís why I like condos. I hate my neighbors and their subwoofer.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #572
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    7,371
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Body cams are proving to be pretty useless since cops can turn their own cameras off and on at will.
    Actually not entirely true.. They keep filming for several minutes after being switched off. I've seen cases where cops really screwed themselves not realizing that. However, I've also seen instances where the department claims the body cam "malfunctioned" and didn't record anything when on.

    And ya the judge not knowing that video files work the same via Apple or Android was pretty shocking..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  23. #573
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Felony murder is older than the "need" of such a device for the locking up of black people. It goes back hundreds of years.
    Like, racism.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  24. #574
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I can see a lot of neighbors taking their neighbors word for it when they say they’ve caught a burglar. Curiosity would lead alot of people to check it out, film it.

    But I’m guessing this tool did alot more, like drive around and block the kid on the road somewhere. Just trying to learn exactly how far he went.

    The lesson here is mind your own business, don’t befriend neighbors, they might be fucking idiots and kill someone.

    That’s why I like condos. I hate my neighbors and their subwoofer.
    The lesson is black guys can burglarize at will now, and unless you’re also black, you just have to let them, call the cops, wait 1/2 hour until they show up, do cop paoerwork, etc. Your home is theirs now. Your stuff is theirs now. That’s what these people want, some kind of ass backwards society where burglars are heroic and defending your home is a crime.

    Maybe you should just burgle your neighbor’s subwoofer, they’re not allowed to stop you, that’s “false imprisonment” now, if they interrupt your burglary with “false imprisonment”, just freak out and attack them, if they defend themselves from your attack they’ll go to prison for the rest of their lives.

    Just make sure you fake like you’re “working out “ while you case the neighbor’s place. Burglars looking around for stuff to steal can do that now, as long as they pretend to be on a jog.

  25. #575
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    4,806
    Jesus Christ you’re a racist fucking moron.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •