Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I don’t trust police reports. Any of them.

You say he was shot for taking a jog. I say he was shot for trying to fistfight guys with guns. That doesn’t mean it’s justifiable, it’s just a lot more accurate.

Whoever you are, whatever the situation, probably don’t try to fistfight a guy holding a gun on you.

I’ve been at gunpoint, by a hitch hiker, being ordered around. If I had been like “fuck this” and tried to fistfight the guy I probably wouldn’t be here. That doesn’t exonerate the guy....I’m just saying once the guns are out you probably shouldn’t try to fight your way out of it.
    I can't for the life of me understand why he kept running on the road.

Before I read any articles and after only reading a couple comments here I sought out the viddy and the police report.

Not saying i am without bias... but those goddamned crackers murdered a perfectly good black boy.

(I only charge $37 an hour for legal consult, payable to The Fugitive Dental Corporation LLC)
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Also, as a dispatcher, I transcribed an exact statement by a cop, then got unofficially reprimanded later because my dispatch log of his exact statement to me made the cop look bad in court. So I was supposed to protect him. Everybody in the whole system learns that.

Also, I was on a league hockey team where I was the only one not a cop (it was guns and hoses guys...the guns needed more players for their league team, I was the only fire guy who responded) and listened to how they talk to each other when they think they’re not being watched. It’s gross, the whole mentality is latent corruption, even when it’s not big, overt specific attempts at corruption. It’s just casually dishonest at the level of: we know who’s good and who’s bad based on a first impression and we just work backwards from there to make it all fit.

Th ex cop here did that with the black guy. Badguy burglar...go git im. Now the secondary investigation and media does that with him, redneck racist...go git im.

Also I’ve been mistreated and dicked around by cops (and border patrol/customs) so many times I couldn’t tell all the stories.

Also I’ve been involved in news stories where the reporting got things very wrong...a few times.

So when the news stories treat the police report like fact, and the Twitter mob treats the news stories as fact....and then the suspect is a former cop and the whole thing is in some corrupt backwater...I think anybody who feels sure they know exactly what happened from that fucked-up system of information processing isn’t being skeptical enough.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 05-11-2020 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Iphone typos

The fuck is your point? The guys murdered that man. Cold blood. Full stop. It was covered up and justified by corrupt people in power.

And you're posting that he shouldn't have fought the guys and just complied because of some interaction you had like 50 years ago? Who cares? Had he done that and they murdered him anyways - you (or someone else in this thread) would just be second-guessing him for complying. I'm sorry man, but I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the kid being chased down by rednecks with guns for acting however the fuck he thought was appropriate to save his life.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    The fuck is your point? The guys murdered that man. Cold blood. Full stop. It was covered up and justified by corrupt people in power.

And you're posting that he shouldn't have fought the guys and just complied? Had he done that and they murdered him anyways - you (or someone else in this thread) would just be second-guessing him for complying. I'm sorry man, but I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the kid being chased down by rednecks with guns for acting however the fuck he thought was appropriate to save his life.
    This.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

<snip> It’s so depressing.
    It's like those miserable psalms...

Ok. Fistfight two guys holding guns on you then.

Fucking retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    Because all negros you chase down in your truck stop, raise their hands, and say, yasuh, yasuh, don't shoot?

What I'm saying is you can't judge this kid for how he acted. One of the worst parts about the internet, when these situations happen, is the chorus (from white people) that blames the victim for acting the wrong way and getting themselves killed. The people doing that by and large are racists.

I don't think you're racist because of other posts you've made in this thread, but saying shit like "black kids getting killed makes me sad, buuuuuutttttttttttt it was his fault for acting the wrong way" is such textbook bullshit.

An internet chorus from a bunch of old white guys about how a young black man "ought" to act.

He is a young black man jogging down the street in rural GA. Suddenly a white pickup with a white guy in the back holding a shotgun, and the white driver holding a handgun screech up beside him yelling "stop, stop, we just want to talk" in a heavy southern accent. So he keeps running. that pickup then speeds around him and slams on its brakes cutting him off, so he turns around and starts running back the other way. The pickup flips a u-turn and zooms ahead and stops in the middle of the street where the two guys hop out into the middle of the street guns drawn. Black guy tries to run around the other side of the truck and as he starts passing sees one of the guys closing on him with shotgun leveled ready to fire.

1) Pretty much a textbook lynching in progress from the POV of the black guy
    2) if he keeps running he will likely get either shot in the back or run over, or both
    3) as he is running by his long-gun toting attacker, he reacts to the attacker being close up, and instinctively grabs the barrel of the longgun to keep from getting shot at point blank range... which initially works.
    4) if he decides to run off the road he is now a black man running through backyards in a white neighborhood recently burglarized by a black man. not a good look if you want to avoid prison or a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    An internet chorus from a bunch of old white guys about how a young black man "ought" to act.
    This ain't an oughta act conversation.

When two inbred assholes with guns are chasing you down survival mandates that you get away as quickly as possible.

Oh, so you figured out why he ran, I see.

Yeti, if there's a long version and you're willing to watch it to know what happened for yourself rather than reading written accounts, good on you. I expect no one (yourself included) will be surprised by your conclusion afterwards, but due diligence hasn't taken down society yet--just those who insist on it in the face of mob rule. GL

Traevon Martin should have been allowed to stand his ground, too. I wish I expected a slam dunk, but I don't.

If he'd been on a bicycle the news cycle would already be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Because all negros you chase down in your truck stop, raise their hands, and say, yasuh, yasuh, don't shoot?
    Aww look Benny is back to his racist roots.

Pathetic that the boomers can't get past their racist past.

When two inbred assholes with guns are chasing you down survival mandates that you get away as quickly as possible.
    Flight, fight or freeze. An automatic reaction, not a conscious decision.

Ok. Fistfight two guys holding guns on you then.

Fucking retard.
    your calling a murdered black man a retard right now.
    you should marinate on that for a fucking minute.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Flight, fight or freeze. An automatic reaction, not a conscious decision.
    No doubt.

Wishful thinking that he'd taken off across the lawn.

Cue him responding that he was calling me a retard because I think I'd fight people holding me at gunpoint. Which was never my point, but I think dude might not ever get what I was trying to tell him.

You guys are way out in the weeds. What Arbery did or did not do during the last minute of his life is irrelevant.

Those three guys pursued, attempted to unlawfully detain, and ultimately shot and killed an unarmed man without any actual knowledge of any crimes that may have allegedly occurred. By their own account, they didn't attempt a citizen's arrest (that was something George Barnhill ginned up), and essentially cornered him while brandishing two firearms.

None of that is legal, regardless of Arbrey's actions.

After a deep dive through conservative Twitter where white supremacists are dragging his name through the mud and inventing physical evidence at the scene.... What Ted just said. It is still not relevant.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Ahmaud Arbery

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    You guys are way out in the weeds. What Arbery did or did not do during the last minute of his life is irrelevant.

Those three guys pursued, attempted to unlawfully detain, and ultimately shot and killed an unarmed man without any actual knowledge of any crimes that may have allegedly occurred. By their own account, they didn't attempt a citizen's arrest (that was something George Barnhill ginned up), and essentially cornered him while brandishing two firearms.

None of that is legal, regardless of Arbrey's actions.
    QFT. Those guys are no better than the guys that lynched Emmett Till

Ill-Advised-Strategy, I suggest you walk away from this thread. You're usually a thoughtful guy, but it seems like you have had a knee jerk reaction to this based on entirely unrelated experiences in your own life, and are shooting from the hip without being your usual thoughtful self, and it is not a good look. Case in point, your retard comment.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Can we all at least agree that kathleenturneroverdrive is a great screen name?