Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 879

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I don’t trust police reports. Any of them.

    You say he was shot for taking a jog. I say he was shot for trying to fistfight guys with guns. That doesn’t mean it’s justifiable, it’s just a lot more accurate.

    Whoever you are, whatever the situation, probably don’t try to fistfight a guy holding a gun on you.

    I’ve been at gunpoint, by a hitch hiker, being ordered around. If I had been like “fuck this” and tried to fistfight the guy I probably wouldn’t be here. That doesn’t exonerate the guy....I’m just saying once the guns are out you probably shouldn’t try to fight your way out of it.
    I can't for the life of me understand why he kept running on the road.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,976
    Before I read any articles and after only reading a couple comments here I sought out the viddy and the police report.

    Not saying i am without bias... but those goddamned crackers murdered a perfectly good black boy.

    (I only charge $37 an hour for legal consult, payable to The Fugitive Dental Corporation LLC)
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,976
    Also, as a dispatcher, I transcribed an exact statement by a cop, then got unofficially reprimanded later because my dispatch log of his exact statement to me made the cop look bad in court. So I was supposed to protect him. Everybody in the whole system learns that.

    Also, I was on a league hockey team where I was the only one not a cop (it was guns and hoses guys...the guns needed more players for their league team, I was the only fire guy who responded) and listened to how they talk to each other when they think they’re not being watched. It’s gross, the whole mentality is latent corruption, even when it’s not big, overt specific attempts at corruption. It’s just casually dishonest at the level of: we know who’s good and who’s bad based on a first impression and we just work backwards from there to make it all fit.

    Th ex cop here did that with the black guy. Badguy burglar...go git im. Now the secondary investigation and media does that with him, redneck racist...go git im.

    Also I’ve been mistreated and dicked around by cops (and border patrol/customs) so many times I couldn’t tell all the stories.

    Also I’ve been involved in news stories where the reporting got things very wrong...a few times.

    So when the news stories treat the police report like fact, and the Twitter mob treats the news stories as fact....and then the suspect is a former cop and the whole thing is in some corrupt backwater...I think anybody who feels sure they know exactly what happened from that fucked-up system of information processing isn’t being skeptical enough.
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 05-11-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Iphone typos

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,288
    The fuck is your point? The guys murdered that man. Cold blood. Full stop. It was covered up and justified by corrupt people in power.

    And you're posting that he shouldn't have fought the guys and just complied because of some interaction you had like 50 years ago? Who cares? Had he done that and they murdered him anyways - you (or someone else in this thread) would just be second-guessing him for complying. I'm sorry man, but I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the kid being chased down by rednecks with guns for acting however the fuck he thought was appropriate to save his life.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,584
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    The fuck is your point? The guys murdered that man. Cold blood. Full stop. It was covered up and justified by corrupt people in power.

    And you're posting that he shouldn't have fought the guys and just complied? Had he done that and they murdered him anyways - you (or someone else in this thread) would just be second-guessing him for complying. I'm sorry man, but I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt to the kid being chased down by rednecks with guns for acting however the fuck he thought was appropriate to save his life.
    This.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    9,037
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    <snip> Itís so depressing.
    It's like those miserable psalms...

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,976
    Ok. Fistfight two guys holding guns on you then.

    Fucking retard.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why he kept running on the road.
    Because all negros you chase down in your truck stop, raise their hands, and say, yasuh, yasuh, don't shoot?

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,288
    What I'm saying is you can't judge this kid for how he acted. One of the worst parts about the internet, when these situations happen, is the chorus (from white people) that blames the victim for acting the wrong way and getting themselves killed. The people doing that by and large are racists.

    I don't think you're racist because of other posts you've made in this thread, but saying shit like "black kids getting killed makes me sad, buuuuuutttttttttttt it was his fault for acting the wrong way" is such textbook bullshit.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    5,129
    An internet chorus from a bunch of old white guys about how a young black man "ought" to act.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why he kept running on the road.
    He is a young black man jogging down the street in rural GA. Suddenly a white pickup with a white guy in the back holding a shotgun, and the white driver holding a handgun screech up beside him yelling "stop, stop, we just want to talk" in a heavy southern accent. So he keeps running. that pickup then speeds around him and slams on its brakes cutting him off, so he turns around and starts running back the other way. The pickup flips a u-turn and zooms ahead and stops in the middle of the street where the two guys hop out into the middle of the street guns drawn. Black guy tries to run around the other side of the truck and as he starts passing sees one of the guys closing on him with shotgun leveled ready to fire.

    1) Pretty much a textbook lynching in progress from the POV of the black guy
    2) if he keeps running he will likely get either shot in the back or run over, or both
    3) as he is running by his long-gun toting attacker, he reacts to the attacker being close up, and instinctively grabs the barrel of the longgun to keep from getting shot at point blank range... which initially works.
    4) if he decides to run off the road he is now a black man running through backyards in a white neighborhood recently burglarized by a black man. not a good look if you want to avoid prison or a bullet.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    An internet chorus from a bunch of old white guys about how a young black man "ought" to act.
    This ain't an oughta act conversation.

    When two inbred assholes with guns are chasing you down survival mandates that you get away as quickly as possible.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    50,246
    Oh, so you figured out why he ran, I see.

    The world is perfect. Appreciate the details.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,570
    Yeti, if there's a long version and you're willing to watch it to know what happened for yourself rather than reading written accounts, good on you. I expect no one (yourself included) will be surprised by your conclusion afterwards, but due diligence hasn't taken down society yet--just those who insist on it in the face of mob rule. GL

    Traevon Martin should have been allowed to stand his ground, too. I wish I expected a slam dunk, but I don't.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why he kept running on the road.
    If he'd been on a bicycle the news cycle would already be over.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Because all negros you chase down in your truck stop, raise their hands, and say, yasuh, yasuh, don't shoot?
    Aww look Benny is back to his racist roots.

    Pathetic that the boomers can't get past their racist past.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Warrrrrrrshington
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    When two inbred assholes with guns are chasing you down survival mandates that you get away as quickly as possible.
    Flight, fight or freeze. An automatic reaction, not a conscious decision.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,976
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Ok. Fistfight two guys holding guns on you then.

    Fucking retard.
    your calling a murdered black man a retard right now.
    you should marinate on that for a fucking minute.
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    10,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    Flight, fight or freeze. An automatic reaction, not a conscious decision.
    No doubt.

    Wishful thinking that he'd taken off across the lawn.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,288
    Cue him responding that he was calling me a retard because I think I'd fight people holding me at gunpoint. Which was never my point, but I think dude might not ever get what I was trying to tell him.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    10,834
    You guys are way out in the weeds. What Arbery did or did not do during the last minute of his life is irrelevant.

    Those three guys pursued, attempted to unlawfully detain, and ultimately shot and killed an unarmed man without any actual knowledge of any crimes that may have allegedly occurred. By their own account, they didn't attempt a citizen's arrest (that was something George Barnhill ginned up), and essentially cornered him while brandishing two firearms.

    None of that is legal, regardless of Arbrey's actions.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    12,530
    After a deep dive through conservative Twitter where white supremacists are dragging his name through the mud and inventing physical evidence at the scene.... What Ted just said. It is still not relevant.
    They got a name for the winners in the world

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    SF & the Ho
    Posts
    6,800

    Ahmaud Arbery

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    You guys are way out in the weeds. What Arbery did or did not do during the last minute of his life is irrelevant.

    Those three guys pursued, attempted to unlawfully detain, and ultimately shot and killed an unarmed man without any actual knowledge of any crimes that may have allegedly occurred. By their own account, they didn't attempt a citizen's arrest (that was something George Barnhill ginned up), and essentially cornered him while brandishing two firearms.

    None of that is legal, regardless of Arbrey's actions.
    QFT. Those guys are no better than the guys that lynched Emmett Till

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,224
    Ill-Advised-Strategy, I suggest you walk away from this thread. You're usually a thoughtful guy, but it seems like you have had a knee jerk reaction to this based on entirely unrelated experiences in your own life, and are shooting from the hip without being your usual thoughtful self, and it is not a good look. Case in point, your retard comment.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,329
    Can we all at least agree that kathleenturneroverdrive is a great screen name?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •