Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery

How can anyone wear a white jacket and not have a big mustard or salsa stain down the front is beyond me. The mauve is very flattering thoughName:  FB_IMG_1647444322114.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  80.5 KB

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    FIFY. If your white and from the south, the question is not are you racist, the question is how fuckin racists are you.
    Shit take.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Humans are tribal based on how we look, but we don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Name:  FB_IMG_1647444322114.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  80.5 KB
    I fucking love that

Racism is bad. Obviously, but I wish people didn't get defensive and shut down whenever someone else says something they say or think is racist because just about everyone has biases and things that they dont fully understand the implications of.

It doesn't make anyone 'bad' unless the shut down and refuse to examine their thoughts/words/actions. It just means we all still have a lot to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    Racism is bad. Obviously, but I wish people didn't get defensive and shut down whenever someone else says something they say or think is racist because just about everyone has biases and things that they dont fully understand the implications of.

It doesn't make anyone 'bad' unless the shut down and refuse to examine their thoughts/words/actions. It just means we all still have a lot to learn.
    Yea, racism is also absolutly a moral panic in this country and used as such deliberatly it seems.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Yea, racism is also absolutly a moral panic in this country and used as such deliberatly it seems.
    You do know what this thread is about right?? What happened to Arbury was "a moral panic"?? OK..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    You do know what this thread is about right?? What happened to Arbury was "a moral panic"?? OK..
    Leroy is an idiot, sure.

What i mean, though is that a lot of us grew up with parents that swore they weren't racist, and probably honestly thought they weren't but also believed and perpetrated a lot of racist ideas.

Some examples?

The welfare queen
    The gansta
    The idea that minorities get more handouts so its easier to succeed as a minority
    There isn't really racism in the USA anymore
    The black man womanizer stereotype

Etc etc.

Racism/bias is everywhere. Heck, I grew up in a place without black people and as a young adult, I was afraid of black people.

I had no reason to be. A black person had never hurt me so where did that fear come from? Its certainly racist to fear someone because of their race, but I did not want to be racist.

I was taught to fear black people by my not racist parents attitudes and by the news and popular culture.

If we can't admit things like that we cannot examine them and figure out where they come from and change.

https://youtu.be/utrvNbTpHSA

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Absolutely not, but they are both true. Real racism exists and is a problem and its also used as a moral panic and political device.

Hyperbole and strawmanism are beneath you. Don't put words in my mouth.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

You're not from the south you're from florida. Florida isn't the south
    Florida joined the Confederacy before Georgia did.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Hyperbole and strawmanism are beneath you. Don't put words in my mouth.

But not beneath the person above who describes calling out racism as "moral panic".

Quote Originally Posted by skiskiskiskiski View Post
    Leroy is an idiot, sure.

What i mean, though is that a lot of us grew up with parents that swore they weren't racist, and probably honestly thought they weren't but also believed and perpetrated a lot of racist ideas.

Some examples?

The welfare queen
    The gansta
    The idea that minorities get more handouts so its easier to succeed as a minority
    There isn't really racism in the USA anymore
    The black man womanizer stereotype

Etc etc.

Racism/bias is everywhere. Heck, I grew up in a place without black people and as a young adult, I was afraid of black people.

I had no reason to be. A black person had never hurt me so where did that fear come from? Its certainly racist to fear someone because of their race, but I did not want to be racist.

I was taught to fear black people by my not racist parents attitudes and by the news and popular culture.

If we can't admit things like that we cannot examine them and figure out where they come from and change.
    My parents would be kinda racist by today's standards but pretty progressive by 1970s standards.

Being racist is like being gay.. We're all racist to some degree. It's a spectrum not an either or.. What matters is which way on that spectrum we are moving.

But not beneath the person above who describes calling out racism as "moral panic".
    The moral panic is the hysterical, logically unhinged backlash against the mythical “CRT”.

Can’t have a moral panic about gay people getting married anymore, so have to gin up some other bogey man.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    The moral panic is the hysterical, logically unhinged backlash against the mythical “CRT”.

Can’t have a moral panic about gay people getting married anymore, so have to gin up some other bogey man.
    Ya but others would say that it's "moral panic" to get upset over people flying the confederate rag..

Ahh now, they aren't mutually exclusive. Theres racism, the need to call it out, and theres also a lot of moral panic, and using that fear of racism to stir up votes or controversy etc.

So actually, no, I wasn't ussing a strawman or hyperbole. You are when you imply that one can't say the fear of racism is used to create division and manipulate people without also saying you don't believe racism exists at all.

I don't belive I'm using hyperbole or conducting any such strawman but I'm not here to argue about it if it seems like I'm speaking greek to you I doubt that will change. I'd be intersted in hearing other peoples views about it but its not a hill I give a fuck about dying on if its just an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Florida joined the Confederacy before Georgia did.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    That was before florida become its own dimension.