Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PSA: Outdoor Research flash sale

Only five items but prices are sweet, especially the Prologue jacket.

https://tinyurl.com/OR-flash-sale

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Only five items but prices are sweet, especially the Prologue jacket.

https://tinyurl.com/OR-flash-sale
    Thanks for the heads up - snagged a Prologue for me and Ascendants for wife and me

also ascendant's for $60 - IMO that's a very good deal for that jacket, still. thanks for the heads up!!

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    also ascendant's for $60 - IMO that's a very good deal for that jacket, still. thanks for the heads up!!
    Love my Ascendant jacket. I got in on the $38 deal, but agree $60 is still a good deal. I have worn mine practically every day since I got it.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    No reason not to do the “free $20 for everybody” thing. Use this code, get $20 off, they send me a $20 off code, everybody wins.

https://www.talkable.com/x/3hj4Nx

Or PM me for a $20 off code.

I honestly wish they would stop having these ridiculous sales.
    Last edited by ZomblibulaX; 05-06-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Why would you care that they're putting stuff on sale?

sweet, got my wife an ascendant. thanks!

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Why would you care that they're putting stuff on sale?
    Lack of self-restraint, mainly.

LOL that's a damn good reason

Anyone have thoughts on the helium bivy for quick summer overnighters/alpine missions?

Quote Originally Posted by SkiHick View Post
    Anyone have thoughts on the helium bivy for quick summer overnighters/alpine missions?
    Alpine mission where you are on a rocky ledge and probably won't sleep a whole lot anyway? Sure. Meaning that if it rains or you are cold and pull it over your head, it will get wet inside, and you'll be fighting it from sticking to your face.

Well shit. I am in for a few.

Thanks for the PSA.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    thanks for the PSA. Ascendants for me and my better half on the way.

I've also got some 50% off friends and family codes that are good for another 5-6 days, DM me if you want one

I had a helium bivy that i used for a summer guiding in the coast range. Pretty decent durability and waterproofness. Condensated much more than the BD bipod bivy and the hoop doesn't stay up as well without staking it out, but for the price/weight it is solid. Prolly better to just go with a friend and take a real tent if you can

Prologue jacket on the way. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks 3pingrin and ZomblibulaX cBought Christmas gifts for the family

I just put away over 25 winter jackets for the season.
    I DO NOT NEED ANYMORE JACKETS.....
    I DO NOT NEED ANYMORE JACKETS....

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I just put away over 25 winter jackets for the season.
    I DO NOT NEED ANYMORE JACKETS.....
    I DO NOT NEED ANYMORE JACKETS....
    lol I haven't counted or put away any jackets yet. also just ordered two more. damn you op and mag hookups with the extra $20 put me over the edge. front pockets on the ascendent stretch out to fit my skins and I skied that way the couple times I got to tour after that 38 dollar sale or whatever. free shipping and the extra 20 made it basically the same price this time. also that other one has some snap chest pockets and I just want to experiment with another jacket. that is right mom I am just experimenting I do not have a problem

Bumping this so that folks know the Prologue jacket is still on sale for $35 (didn't check other items from the flash sale) and to give a little input on sizing. I'm a solid medium in most jackets, although OR has me fitting better in a large with some models. I would say the Prologue jacket fits slim in the torso with long arms, which is kind of typical of a lot of their more technical jackets. The medium fits me fine, but it's almost more like a technical shirt. If I wanted to layer much under it, I would size up. As it stands, it's a great looking piece and perfect for field days where it's a little cool and might get a sprinkle or two. Been wearing to ride my longboard around, good for that too! Fabric feels super durable and the large pockets are nice. I have fairly small wrists and the medium fits fine there, but I wouldn't want it any smaller.

So I would say if you are borderline between sizes typically and want to layer some you may want to size up. If you see this as a light technical piece with minimal layering your normal size will likely work unless you have thick wrists and short arms. I'm 6' ~ 170 lbs for reference.

Bumping this so that folks know the Prologue jacket is still on sale for $35

Shows $53 for me now.

Bumping this so that folks know the Prologue jacket is still on sale for $35 (didn't check other items from the flash sale) and to give a little input on sizing. I'm a solid medium in most jackets, although OR has me fitting better in a large with some models. I would say the Prologue jacket fits slim in the torso with long arms, which is kind of typical of a lot of their more technical jackets. The medium fits me fine, but it's almost more like a technical shirt. If I wanted to layer much under it, I would size up. As it stands, it's a great looking piece and perfect for field days where it's a little cool and might get a sprinkle or two. Been wearing to ride my longboard around, good for that too! Fabric feels super durable and the large pockets are nice. I have fairly small wrists and the medium fits fine there, but I wouldn't want it any smaller.

So I would say if you are borderline between sizes typically and want to layer some you may want to size up. If you see this as a light technical piece with minimal layering your normal size will likely work unless you have thick wrists and short arms. I'm 6' ~ 170 lbs for reference.
    This is exactly me (well, almost, 6'-1", 160lbs.). I really like the jacket (website now say $53.70 for the jacket). I have long arms, and usually a medium size causes problems when stretching out the arms. No problem with this jacket. Not much room for layering is a true statement, but this doesn't seem like the technical piece for that. T-shirt and this jacket and you are good to go as long as it isn't freezing. Thanks for the head's up. Super happy with my purchase.

Anyone seeing charges/shipping for items from this sale? I ordered last Wed, but haven't seen anything besides an order confirmation and have not been charged.

Quote Originally Posted by SorryBro View Post
    T-shirt and this jacket and you are good to go as long as it isn't freezing.
    I agree 100%. It was $35 this a.m. but changed looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by ccwaskier View Post
    Anyone seeing charges/shipping for items from this sale? I ordered last Wed, but haven't seen anything besides an order confirmation and have not been charged.
    Took a while, but shipping confirmation yesterday.