Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Climbing a local hill and come around a switch back, uphill and a lady is standing on the edge of the trail behind some aspens. Yells at me to "slow down", and grabs my arm causing me to turn toward her. Spent the next hour and a half revisiting what I could have done differently. I let it ruin my ride. People are just wound really tight right now. Glad I'm not a cop. I bet they are really seeing it.
    You're looking at this all wrong. You just got yelled at for going too fast uphill. You should be excited that your fitness is good enough to scare people.

Spent the next hour and a half revisiting what I could have done differently.
    I often spend my time digging shallow graves in deep reflection, that makes you human.

Climbing a local hill and come around a switch back, uphill and a lady is standing on the edge of the trail behind some aspens. Yells at me to "slow down", and grabs my arm causing me to turn toward her. Spent the next hour and a half revisiting what I could have done differently. I let it ruin my ride. People are just wound really tight right now. Glad I'm not a cop. I bet they are really seeing it.
    Wait, some Karen grabbed you while you were going uphill? Congrats on keeping your cool, I'd have a hard time not rolling on top of her and accidentally elbowing her in the teeth. I don't think getting yelled at would ruin my day but some rando grabbing me is at the top of my FUCK NO list. Pretty sure that lady would go apeshit and sue you if you had brushed up against her...

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    You're looking at this all wrong. You just got yelled at for going too fast uphill. You should be excited that your fitness is good enough to scare people.
    Lol. Yes this ^^^

And congrats on going uphill so fast someone says 'slow down'.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around her grabbing you. WTF did she think that would accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around her grabbing you. WTF did she think that would accomplish?
    My belief is that these kind of people look at others like children needing to be disciplined. She likely grabbed his arm so she could give him a stern talking to like she did her kids or the neighborhood kids. Unfortunately these older folks are disconnected from reality and underestimate both their own frailty, and the force of a large adult caught up in a strenuous activity.

it kind of answers the hanging question "do you want to touch me?"
    she said "oh yes, I do...gimme some of that french uphill cycling attention"

not everyone knows how to express themselves well...

I think she had probably been passed by twenty bikers and had worked herself up to, I’m going to tell the next one what’s up. Her grabbing me as I approached speaks to the fact that she had no idea.. I didn’t hit her, but it made a simple ride by into a close miss. I was worried the rest of the ride she would call the sheriff, and I would be in a he said she said dispute. All of the worry accomplished nothing, like worry always does.
    Last edited by Canada1; 05-20-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Everyone pulling up their mask when within 6 feet of another person?

I have really hard time believing my mask does anything in the 1-3 seconds I pass by another rider/hiker, but who knows.
    I agree.

Our local freeride trail network parking has gotten so crazy I've started avoiding it. This has put me riding some non sanctioned trails that have been around for decades to get away from people. My Favorite loop finishes at the end of a private street. I have been riding up there for years and always make a point to wave to the home owners. Recently I have been getting pissed off looks when I wave.... I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

The mall walkers are in full effect on the local trails and it sucks. Add dirtbikes and the woods are turning into a debacle.

I find I am noticing that I am willing to spend more time on the road of course increasing my risk of getting hit by a car rather than deal with the coast, brake, stop, go, weave passing joggers wearing headphones, walkers "social distancing" with their friends across an entire 2 way paved path, and oncoming riders on our narrow bi-directional trails.

If you're able, riding in the rain helps a lot with the crowds (maybe less so if you're in the PNW?). Only one other car in the parking lot yesterday, which strangely didn't belong to the shirtless man I ran into on the trail.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Its sad to think anyone has to worry about someone calling the sheriff for something like this. Although worrying about it probably just means your a decent person.