Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Disney Plus streaming recommendations

We have one for Netflix and Prime, seems like this could be useful. There are the obvious things, but there are so many NatGeo documentaries and stuff. Not nearly as broad a catalog as Netflix or Prime, overall, but lots of good stuff.

I'll start. The Rise of Skywalker (which I have not yet seen) is coming out on Disney plus today, May the 4th be with you.

me later today
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Obvious things: anyone that likes Star Wars must watch The Mandalorian

I hear Frozen 2 is really good.

Lol that was a joke. We got it once Covid hit to have movies to watch with the 6yo, and all she ever wants to watch is Frozen 2. She could care less about anything else.
    27° 18°

Onward is really good.

Also, Penguins was pretty funny, because penguins.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    I hear Frozen 2 is really good.

Lol that was a joke. We got it once Covid hit to have movies to watch with the 6yo, and all she ever wants to watch is Frozen 2. She could care less about anything else.
    it is pretty good, actually; you could be forced to watch much worse!

In the last 6 weeks we have watched that, all the Star Wars (and tonight, the last one!), the Lord of the Rings (not on Disney), all of the Cars movies, and some other stuff. Disney Plus obviously is much more skewed to the young kids, but with a 9 year old in the house, it has been a godsend. She actually doesn't even know we bought it for her, she thinks Santa brought her the subscription for Christmas.

it's great if you have kids, are a STAR WARS fan boy (me), Marvel fan, it's Disney so really nothing more extreme than PG-13 but you have netflix and prime so maybe you're covered
    I like it, I'll like it more tonight as the last episode of Clone Wars and The Last Skywalker will fulfill my destiny.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

My kids have actually been enjoying the older live action Disney stuff (Swiss Family Robinson, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, etc.) and unlike a lot of the other crap that's out there for kids to watch there's no tie-ins to buy or annoying internet personalities to follow.

We've been into a lot of the 70s early 80s animated movies. The Rescuers, Great Mouse Detective. My 9yo girl loves them. My teenage boys have already seen all the Marvel & Star Wars stuff, so they've been watching, too. Their focused more on comedies on Hulu (Office, 30 Rock, Superstore, etc.)

Tv shows and movies

70s early 80s animation movies we watched. in here its very funny thing.because of this situation we all want find best movies around the world

Star wars rebels is actually pretty good for a series aimed at kids. Much better than clone wars imho. But I couldn't get into clone wars very throughly because it annoyed me.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Song of the south!!
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

The Simpsons, D'oh!

And the climbing movie 'free solo'

I am going to toss out some Old School live action (and one animated) recommendations:

Escape To Witch Mountain

The Apple Dumpling Gang

Treasure of the Matecumbe

Robin Hood (the animated one)

The Essential Early Works of Kurt Russell:
    The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
    The Strongest Man In The World

The Essential Works of Dean Jones:
    The Love Bug
    That Darn Cat

The Essential Works of Fred MacMurray:
    The Absent Minded Professor
    The Shaggy Dog
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I can come up with a list of fairly terrible girl teeny bop DIS + movies if you guys want them. My daughters have been wearing that shit out. Driving me to drink more so I don’t make them shut it off.
    There are some cool Nat geo docs and I’m a Star Wars fan so been quite entertained by that stuff.

Been watching the imagineering story. Pretty interesting take on the technology behind the disney parks and how they pull some of that stuff off. Lots of old school practical engineering behind the facade and some strange business decisions.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Hamilton is coming on July 3rd. My girls and wife are excited. I will give it a whirl.

For any Star Wars fans- the Star Wars Gallery series is phenomenal (episode 2 specifically). It is a lot of behind the scenes info on the making of The Mandalorian.

Not on Disney+ (or maybe it is?) but for anyone with little kids who are into frozen, I recommend checking out the series of "Olaf" shorts they put together.

There's a solid 30 minutes of stuff to keep the kids occupied

Color me intrigued:

"Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Soul is classic Pixar (ie very good).

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Color me intrigued:

the first two episodes were pretty trippy. definitely intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    the first two episodes were pretty trippy. definitely intriguing.
    They are certainly building up to something. I like that after two episodes, I have no idea what is going to happen moving forward and I want to watch to find out.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Wanda Vision is freaking great.

WandaVision is still awesome. Bummed that there's only one episode left.

Disney Plus streaming recommendations

Actually I was going to say just the opposite. I thought the beginning was kind of cool because we didn’t know what was going on and it was going to get filled in. But as it gets filled in, I find it just kind of stupid.
    Maybe I just don’t really give a fuck about Marvel.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda