Page 77 of 100 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2496
    the trailmaster ltd I have is 10 years old this spring! great saddle

Sent Mrs Roxtar's rear shock in for her "Lill-person" tune and got this for myself:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230323_063627.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	791.3 KB 
ID:	452876
    Last edited by Roxtar; 03-28-2023 at 02:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Didn’t buy today but recently got a lightly used Push eleven Six for my Ranger. Seemed like just bad enough of an idea that I ought to try it.

Probably need a 130 fork now too

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I finally got my BTLOS Carbon wheelset mounted up! Bare wheelset came in at 1550g, and almost on the dot at 1600g after tapes and stems were added. 30mm internal on 28H DT350 hubs with CX-Rays. I went with a trail carbon layup on the front and the enduro layup on the rear. I'm soooo stoked to get these out on the trail, it should be almost a full pound lighter than my alloy wheel set, plus I'll save 200g or so on DHF over Assegai and Dissector over DHR. That's a lot of rolling weight gone!
    Welllllll fudge. I somehow cracked the rear rim on this brand new wheel set.

Running 30 psi at 87kg, with a light insert (Tubolight EVO SL) , DD casing tire. Spoke tension is still as tight as it was on Day 1, and I don't remember any big cases or other significant impacts, just been riding the way I always do. I contacted BTLOS and I'm hoping they send me a new rim. However, WAO Triad is within 2mm ERD of these and has a no-questions-asked free replacement warranty, plus my LBS is a dealer, so I might just spend the cash and have them build a new rear for me with that rim.

Damn, that’s a bummer. Any pics of the damage? Keep us updated on what BTLOS says. I’ve been really close to pulling the trigger on a pair of their rims, but this report has me questioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Welllllll fudge. I somehow cracked the rear rim on this brand new wheel set.

Running 30 psi at 87kg, with a light insert (Tubolight EVO SL) , DD casing tire. Spoke tension is still as tight as it was on Day 1, and I don't remember any big cases or other significant impacts, just been riding the way I always do. I contacted BTLOS and I'm hoping they send me a new rim. However, WAO Triad is within 2mm ERD of these and has a no-questions-asked free replacement warranty, plus my LBS is a dealer, so I might just spend the cash and have them build a new rear for me with that rim.
    WAO 4 Lyfe

My experience with BTLOS warranty has been excellent. Couple years ago I slid my rear wheel around a corner and straight into a big pointy rock that was sticking into the trail a few inches above ground. The rock didn't touch the rim and apparently threaded itself between 2 spokes. Instead of breaking, one of the spokes pulled the nipple straight out of the rim. I know for a fact that my spokes were already over tensioned so I figured BTLOS would tell me to fuck off. They just sent me a new rim for free after apologizing profusely for what they considered to be a manufacturing defect.

I'm running 2 sets of their rims now and abuse the shit out of them, especially after getting a shorter travel bike and learning the hard way that less squish means more rim strikes if you're riding like a wildling. One set of wheels has seen just over 4000 miles and the only concern is nipples getting rounded a bit, I plan on rebuilding that one and getting another 3 years out of it.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Good to know, thanks B. I sent them all the photos and haven't heard back, but it's good to hear they took care of you.

I've had similar good experiences with some secondhand Nextie rims I bought here and built up- thrashed them hard for several years and they barely ever came out of true, no damage whatsoever. So crushing my new ones in the enduro layup with all the protection in the world was pretty disheartening. And this isn't a small crack on the sidewall, it's goes 3/4 of the way across the rim bed.

Name:	DNd8FUx.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	258.2 KB 
ID:	453050

Wheels I didn't really need that aren't really meant for a cyclocross bike

Name:	PXL_20230323_015247781.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	345.0 KB 
ID:	453150

But actually I've really been liking riding this thing around as a road bike on 34mm slicks and the stock wheels for it are shitty and make bad noises. My gravel wheels are hookless with a low max pressure so I can't really use a regular size road tire on them. The trek ep is pretty good so I picked up these aeolus pro 51s. dt350 hubs, bladed spokes, i think listed at 1590g or so. 23mm internal, like 31 external. Seemed like if I'm going with a "road" wheel I might as well get a little deeper one. Anyway yeah they sound cool. Fenders are counteracting any aero benefits though.

Also going to try out some pirelli gravel tires and maybe the XC RC mtb ones too. These aren't mine but I set them up today

Name:  PXL_20230325_164921202.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  138.3 KB

Gravel H on the left, Gravel M on the right. M has a 90's mtb and wtb nano type vibe. Seems neat. I'm doing the H front and rear in 40mm. Had G-one Rs last season and those were pretty good but feel a little stiff and slow. Pirellis are supposed to be faster.

Substantial bike purchases in this household the last few days. New Wreckoning on its way to me. Fiancé just picked up a new Process 134 DL 27.5, which is currently parked in the living room for viewing pleasure.

Name:	Image1679844463.912575.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	453208

Will have to sort out rims and forks pretty quick here, as we have an assortment of stock and upgrade parts starting to pile up (might toss DVO Diamond D1 and carbon NOBL rims from Summit onto her new ride, though she isn’t sure she wants them).

These purchases also mean substantial upgrades in bikes kids get to ride, but I’m still short a decent steed for my 17yo daughter who is 5’5” and has expressed an interest in riding. If you have a line on something cheap but worthy, LMK.
    focus.

Are you guys getting BTLOS directly off their website? Shipping looks high. Changes a pretty good deal into a shoulder shrug.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Are you guys getting BTLOS directly off their website? Shipping looks high. Changes a pretty good deal into a shoulder shrug.
    Shipping from China has gone up a lot in the last few years. It's definitely changing the equation.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Name:	20230326_161625.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	453326Couldn't resist the sale Transition is running and snagged a Spire. Scored the wheels from Kopi_red to make it even sexier. Stoked!!

That thing is hawt

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post

Name:	20230326_161625.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	453326Couldn't resist the sale Transition is running and snagged a Spire. Scored the wheels from Kopi_red to make it even sexier. Stoked!!
    Very sexy.
    Purple is the new purple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Wow! Nice frkn build NW. A regal beaut

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Welp, people are gonna ask about it and I’ve already got one customer all hot and bothered for a kit, so I figured I should give it a go. The whole setup thing is pretty cool, shifter feels great compared to OG AXS and the cranks get me half chub.

Name:	Image1680385745.283966.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	454012

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Welp, people are gonna ask about it and I’ve already got one customer all hot and bothered for a kit, so I figured I should give it a go. The whole setup thing is pretty cool, shifter feels great compared to OG AXS and the cranks get me half chub.

Name:	Image1680385745.283966.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	454012

Curious what you’ll think of it. Even with how much I don’t want electronics on my pedal bike, I gotta admit it looks good! I can’t even keep my Fitbit charged, I know I’d blow it on my drivetrain!

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    “CNY23” basically negated the shipping when I applied it a couple weeks ago. There may be a dash or an underscore in there. Didn’t pull the trigger, but it was very tempting.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I rode my Ripley today now that trails are starting to melt out. She needed new tires, so I put on some that I'd been hoarding. Ground Control front and Pirelli Scorpion M rear. The front looks puny after the Hellcat i was running, but it should roll better.

Then I thought I'd finally swap the shifter that's been limping along for months. That necessitated removing the grips, which of course didn't come off intact, so new grips, also from the hoard.

New inner cable was tight in the housing and shifting was garbage, so I thought I'd replace the housing. Luckily I had a long section handy! Removing the cranks to get to the seized in the frame housing indicated a bad BB. The good times continue! Again, my COVID hoard pays off: new XT BB in the drawer!

So it's all back together now, shifting perfectly. I feel pretty vindicated.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Just picked up a couple of Salsa Cutthroats for the wife and I. Got the base model GRX 600. Looking to switch up the road bikes for something a little more capable.

Finished building this EVO over the winter. Spent the time to install a full tailored RideWrap. Found some 165mm cranks which were hard to come by last year. I have matching fox stickers for the float X that I forgot to install.

On the fence about whether to keep it as I only have room/budget for one bike to do it all.

Name:	8310F4D9-5227-4228-B201-D5E9F31A75C5.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	481.6 KB 
ID:	454557
    Last edited by g_man80; 04-05-2023 at 06:45 PM.

^^^ yum, looks even sexier than the one I bought from you! I bet it will be a great do-it-all Wasatch bike, I'd be surprised if there was anything around here that will give it trouble.
    Those 165mm cranks sure are elusive uh?
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

^^^good god that thing is sexy!

Got a real weird, real expensive bike seat

Name:	PXL_20230405_202221211.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	454630

seems comfortable riding circles around the shop i guess.