Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2489
    IG, are they especially fat 45s? If you decide to get rid of them i might take them off of your hands. Ms CE really likes knobblier gravel tires.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Finally got the first of the four built. Shakedown ride on Saturday was great. Felt fast and efficient.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220507_134025.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	415795

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Finally got the first of the four built. Shakedown ride on Saturday was great. Felt fast and efficient.

Name:	20220507_134025.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	415795
    Looks sweet

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	WeAreOne Arrival.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	415809
    Built up and a few rides now on her and I'm stoked!!! Coming off an XL Megatower and current gen Sight before that, this fits pretty similarly to the Sight, ever so slightly longer than the Mega. Front end is quite low though, I'm running the 35 bar/45 stem, 30mm spacers underneath. This alone has me convinced I'll upgrade to a 38 (Ohlin's probably) to raise the front end along with other benefits (thanks guys for chiming in on the Expert thread).

Climbs and pedals amazingly, running slower tires than what I ran previously and this already feels much less sluggish, and feels good so far going down. Used to the longer chain stays on both previous bikes, I wouldn't mind a bit more length back there. Pretty sure this will be the last bike I RideWrap as I've come to the opinion that the value just isn't there in doing it.

I agree. I think my ride-wrapped bike actually looks worse than a slightly dinged up one, even if the dings are just in the ride-wrap.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Preach it!! I like adding a bit of heli tape in high wear areas otherwise not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    IG, are they especially fat 45s? If you decide to get rid of them i might take them off of your hands. Ms CE really likes knobblier gravel tires.
    CE - I am going to return the Gravel M tires if I can. If I can't, I will hit you up.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Let the buying begin…stay tuned!

I’ve always used spd…so I thought I try something new:

Name:	Image1652184601.292920.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	415835

It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

My $0.02 Smarty is stick with SPD. Did a stint on eggbeaters/CB for a few years, there was a meme floating around a few years ago about with a CB service manual and around step 3 is throwing out and installing SPD. I've snapped spindles and multiple springs. On Eggbeaters that renders them ridiculously useless for getting out of the woods.

If I were to try something different, would look to Time's personally.

What are you building up?

My issue with CB's was that the bails that you clip into can rotate within the platform body. So they end up being in a slightly different spot every time you go to clip in, depending on if they've rotated a bit or not. I never figured out a technique for getting into them quickly - I was always searching around with my foot, trying to get back in.

That, and if you clip them on a rock they'll eject your foot.

Went back to times after a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    My issue with CB's was that the bails that you clip into can rotate within the platform body. So they end up being in a slightly different spot every time you go to clip in, depending on if they've rotated a bit or not. I never figured out a technique for getting into them quickly - I was always searching around with my foot, trying to get back in.

That, and if you clip them on a rock they'll eject your foot.

The technique I've used with CB mallets is to push my foot on from the back of the pedal to roll the 4 sided spring mechanism onto the cleat, YMMV

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
    The technique I've used with CB mallets is to push my foot on from the back of the pedal to roll the 4 sided spring mechanism onto the cleat, YMMV

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    That worked for me about 60% of the time. Easy when I'm just standing there, but much less consistent when I dropped a foot in a corner and was trying to clip back in on a bumpy trail.

I found the more effective technique was to get rid of the CB's and buy Times.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I agree. I think my ride-wrapped bike actually looks worse than a slightly dinged up one, even if the dings are just in the ride-wrap.
    Right there with ya. I think ridewrap is a waste of money. Even if a ding is in the wrap and not on the bike, it still looks just as bad as it would on the paint (and half the time it goes through the wrap on areas like the downtube) and unless someone you sell it to actually fully removes the wrap, the bike will look the same either way.

It's a mountain bike, scratches and dings give it character.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post

Name:	WeAreOne Arrival.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	415809Pretty sure this will be the last bike I RideWrap as I've come to the opinion that the value just isn't there in doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Right there with ya. I think ridewrap is a waste of money. Even if a ding is in the wrap and not on the bike, it still looks just as bad as it would on the paint (and half the time it goes through the wrap on areas like the downtube) and unless someone you sell it to actually fully removes the wrap, the bike will look the same either way.

x4

It looks like shit on my bike right now. Bunch of spots peeling with dirt underneath, contrasts great with a white bike…

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

How hard is it to remove the ride wrap? And do you have to scrub off adhesive if you do?

I was thinking doing the downtube and stays where rub is common.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    How hard is it to remove the ride wrap? And do you have to scrub off adhesive if you do?

I was thinking doing the downtube and stays where rub is common.
    The adhesive can be a pain. But, I convince myself I'll never be the one taking it off.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Like all stickers, the use of a heat gun whilst removing it will make everything go more smoothly. Residue will be minimal except where it's already started to peel. In those spots you're fucked.

I just use 3m car tape in the likeliest wear spots and call it a day.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

https://metacool.typepad.com/metacoo.../beausage.html

That's a cool slant on it, if a teeny bit 'hipster authentic'. I wish I had known I wanted to strip this frame of the ride-wrap while it was completely apart, but oh well.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    My $0.02 Smarty is stick with SPD. Did a stint on eggbeaters/CB for a few years, there was a meme floating around a few years ago about with a CB service manual and around step 3 is throwing out and installing SPD.
    I found the more effective technique was to get rid of the CB's and buy Times.
    But these are blue, so they'll work better. Did any of you try the blue ones?

And: I'm not building anything. I bought something...just waiting for brown Santa. CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!

The trick with that stuff is that you pull it all off when you sell it.

Yes, the new owner might place some value on the protection (even if the protection itself is a little scraped up), but having a bunch of shiny factory-finish paint is going to overwhelm that. Just makes the bike (or car) look like it was well cared for and/or lightly used.

I don't know about the ridewrap film specifically, but I assume they just purchase from 3M or one of the other automotive film suppliers and automotive PPF isn't all that hard to remove and clean up on something the size of a bike.

Little bit of heat, little bit of soapy water, and better to stretch "away" from the remaining attached film rather than folding the film over itself. Can also apply a little wax/sealant to the paint before applying the film which should make removal easier (it should still stick plenty fine).

Package #2 arrived!

Name:	Image1652204173.382951.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	415895

I'm pondering upgrading pedals from Time MX6 (380 g) to Speciale 8 (192g). Saving 188 g of rotating weight for $150 seems worth it. Thoughts?

eta: Hmmm, BC.com lists 96 g/pedal for the Speciales, but a deeper look at Time's website says 196 g/pedal. Shenanigans! What a joke BC.com has become.

I haven't had any issues with removing bits of damaged Ridewrap. I just peel it away and it usually comes off in 1 piece. Any bits of gunk in the damaged area come right off with isopropyl alcohol.