Page 46 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2496
    Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    That Klein is amazing. Seller is probably Eastern European, and wears adidas pants and white shoes.
    Is there some common idiom that translates directly from Russian (Chechnyan? Kardashian?) to "how I mean" in English? Feels like you could run those ads through Google Translate a few times and have them get even funnier. High art. Definitely increases value. Such as how I mean $10,000.

my husband has gone down the dyneema rabbit hole.
    I shudder every time I see a Hyperlite package arrive
    skid luxury

Damn BB thanks for that info…new canyoneering pack on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

First ride on the Canfield 155 mm cranks. 177 cm tall (5'10"), short legs, long arms/torso. Riding a 170/160 Raaw Madonna V2.2 size Large with a low ass BB. Coming from 165 GX cranks, moved saddle height up 10mm and forward 2mm per my bike fitter. Test ride in the parking lot felt very normal, maybe more solid/stiffer?

My hips were very happy with the cranks, knees same. Less range of motion. I kept the same size chainring which has the effect of being harder to pedal. Of course I couldn't be too scientific and only change one variable, I also swapped an EXO Dissector for a DD DHR2. I've ridden this tire on these trails and it is better for hero dirt season.

Climbing
    There was a weird thing where if I just shifted to a harder gear it often felt too hard. If I spun the cranks faster for a few seconds before I shifted then kept higher cadence in the harder gear everything was good. I chose a mostly non technical climb zone although I did search out little rooty spots to pedal through. No strikes, crank or pedal. I did get caught in the wrong gear on some punchy climbs on the descent where I could previously have just stood and mashed. That didn't work, just too little leverage. I am still learning these trails so this should become less of a problem going forward.

Descending
    Level pedal coasting felt good, could tell my stance was narrower but that's it. The most unexpected aspect was dropping a foot on fast, flat corners. I have never felt balanced doing this before. This ride my outside leg didn't feel like it was super extended but I had all the traction I was looking for. This is very promising.

Install
    Here's where it got weird. Canfield says to use 0 offset chainring on boost bikes. The 0 offset ring was so far from the frame and put the chainline almost in line with hardest cog. I then installed a BB spacer (per instructions) on the non drive side but then the cranks were binding when torqued. Pulled the spacer, threw on a 3mm boost offset ring and the chainline is better.

TLDR: felt good up and down, should make low BB rig more capable in tech climbs. Install issues but it all worked out. They are staying.
    "Just send it you pussy."

Thanks for the report! I ordered a set of 160mm Canfields a few months ago but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Looking forward to reduced pedal strikes and hoping shorter cranks help reduce knee pain that I sometimes get on longer rides.

I bought a refurbished Wahoo Kickr Core to hopefully get some winter spinning in. On sale for Black Friday and they include a free year of their subscription for content which is worth around $120.

Now we just need to see if I actually use it…

Built not really bought, but hopefully is a skill upgrade? Was a bit too windy to ride, had this on tap for a rainy day project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post

Built not really bought, but hopefully is a skill upgrade? Was a bit too windy to ride, had this on tap for a rainy day project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I build myself the same one. Fun project. If I ever rebuild it, I’d make more stable with a longer piece that runs perpendicular to the bike. It is being used as a bike stand mostly tho.

New bike day. Guerilla Gravity Trail Pistol. Just a quick shake out ride so far and conditions were a bit dicey with some recent snow but so far I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I would be amazed if he got over $2600 as a complete. He’s better off parting it out.
    Browsing ebay for possible winter DJ build project and stumbled across this... swung for the fences w the full bike, so $1k for frame only seems downright reasonable!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23431887946...oAAOSwOAFhrAfQ

For comparison definitely same bike based on pictures and sellers name:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/3086753/

I’ve been dangerously close to buying a new bike, but I can’t justify spending $6000 at the moment so I decided to sate my upgraditis with a new fork for my existing bike.

Replacing my 2017 fox 34 Rhythm with a new 2020 Fox 36 Factory Grip 2. Looking forward to being able to tune high speed and low speed compression independently, I’ve always felt my fork is too soft or too harsh on one end of the spectrum no matter what pressures or how many/few tokens I run.

It may not be a whole new bike, but it's going to feel like one.

Put this in the light thread too, but just bought a Light and Motion Urban 1000 for my commuter. Found it on sale for $50. I ride some dark, unlit roads, so the brightness should help, and it has that elastic strap that'll make it easy to take off when I get to the office.

I'll report back if it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Wanted to try an X2 on the Switchblade, but they're hard to come by.
    Going to give the new Float X at shot.

We'll see how the new new compares to the DPX2.

Attachment 382792
    How did they compare? I have used options on both.

WAO Arrival chassis ordered today and should have before spring. Only nitpicks include the short stroke shock, and short head tube and reach but otherwise, there isn't another bike I would want to jump into currently.

So if anybody local wants to jump into a XL Megatower frame, 21 Fox 36 Grip 2, WAO Hydra wheel set (Shimano), WAO Da Package, hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    WAO Arrival chassis ordered today and should have before spring. Only nitpicks include the short stroke shock, and short head tube and reach but otherwise, there isn't another bike I would want to jump into currently.

So if anybody local wants to jump into a XL Megatower frame, 21 Fox 36 Grip 2, WAO Hydra wheel set (Shimano), WAO Da Package, hit me up.
    Did you order their "rolling chassis" (frame, wheels, shock, bar/stem), or the complete bike? I was told you couldn't pre-order the rolling chassis yet, and they won't deliver till fall.

Just ordered a Shimano 11 speed shifter/RD to replace the sram RD I just broke for the 4th (5th?) time in 3 years. I’ll check back in 2023 and let y’all know if my theory was right.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Just ordered a Shimano 11 speed shifter/RD to replace the sram RD I just broke for the 4th (5th?) time in 3 years. I’ll check back in 2023 and let y’all know if my theory was right.
    I've got the same drivetrain sitting here ready to go on when the SRAM eagle that came with my bike needs replacing. I've used each type a lot, both seem to have their drawbacks. I like the SRAM clutch better, but it is not serviceable so when it wears out but the derailler is otherwise good, its very annoying. Shimano's clutch isn't as strong but you can adjust it, so overall those seem to last longer. 11sp for lower price and better availability.

I had to use up a Shimano code before the new year. I could but 5 items. So I bought:
    -Di2 battery, cause one of mine will eventually die before I go 12s Di2 on all my bikes
    -TL-BH62 Brake Hose Tool, 2in1 cutter and barb presser, cause you can never have too many tools, especially really part specific tools
    -XTR 9110 boost hubs, to build some wheels this winter
    -XTR crank, they had a 170 2x crank in stock so I bought it, I already have a spare 12s direct mount chain ring, so I can just turn this crank into a 1x.

It’s really crazy how low of stock levels Shimano actually has.

So, after 4 weeks of not doing their job, UPS finally found my frame....

Upgraded bike/moto carrier setup.

Old setup, moto sat on a platform which I would raise/lower. MTB lived inside the canopy. Had to lower moto to get bike out to ride, but lowered carrier did not interfere with dropping the tailgate. Minor PITA but it got old after a full summer/fall of roadtripping. Also poor ground clearance sucked.

Tested out new setup tonite. Versahaul moto carrier with OneUp single plugged in the versahaul rear receiver. Better ground clearance despite additional length. MTB on rear rack makes for easier access which is ideal for the majority of the time when I'm on a road trip. Can no longer access the rear hatch or lower the tailgate without unloading the moto. But I have side doors to access anything inside. And I have mostly been climbing on the tailgate end to get into the tent. I can still put MTB inside with a bit of work, when needed. Can also lock with heavy chain to the truck's receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    So, after 4 weeks of not doing their job, UPS finally found my frame....
    Pretty exited for this right now

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    my husband has gone down the dyneema rabbit hole.
    I shudder every time I see a Hyperlite package arrive
    I get so confused by the name and just think wakeboards. I'm thankful I'm so rough on all gear that "ultralight" is never even in the discussion. I was born with a gift for breaking shit that has not gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Upgraded bike/moto carrier setup.
    Nice! I bought a Big Dawg that looks really similar to your versa. I primarily bought it for pulling the raft trailer and taking the motorcycle for shuttle but I find it doubles nicely as a shuttle setup for mountain biking. What is the versa rated at? Mine Will do 400# total with my motorcycle so easy doesn't leave much for bikes...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

New (to me) bike. I was able to get it on pinkbike, and sell my old 2015 slash 9.8, for a net cost of only $1k for the upgrade which is pretty great. Really excited to see how 29 wheels and burly suspension hold up compared to the smaller wheels and mid-tier suspension that I have gotten used to on my old bike.

I had to replace the rear coil with the right spring rate for my weight, what a pain it is to get the rear shock off this linkage. I guess they solved that with the new vertical shock placementName:  20220112_160550.jpeg
Views: 285
Size:  73.3 KB

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app