Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    v4 Ripley nearly complete. Full dentist build. Xx1 ax’s, xt 4 pistons, carbon wheels, enve bar and stem. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    v4 Ripley nearly complete. Full dentist build. Xx1 ax’s, xt 4 pistons, carbon wheels, enve bar and stem. Can’t wait.

you better set all PRs for the rest of the year.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    New flat shoes - Ride Concepts Powerline.

Amazing shoe - light, stiff, comfy, grippy, protective, breathable, spendy (ha).

Truckee company.

Me gusta! https://rideconcepts.com/products/mo...flow-powerline

Also...new chain (X01), new cassette (GX), grips (ODI Elites), and rear rubber (DHR2).

But the shoes, man, the shoes!
    Theyre comfy eh? That d30 insole is cush. My soles still look new after a year. Pedal pins arent tearing them up

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Noted. A lot of aftermarket dropper remotes have ridiculous pricing -- and my point is just that a cable remote simply doesn't do that much, so it shouldn't cost that much. I can buy a clutched rear derailleur for less than WT wants for that remote, and the derailleur is a much more complex part.
    Yeah it's wild and very interesting.

I can't say tonight's ride was $45 better but I still don't regret it.

I'll buy the knock-off next time around

RRP bolt on pro guard
    It’s bolts on to fox, ohlin and others
    Great thick design and keeps rocks off frame.
    Longer than others and can add stickers
    Comes from UK for about $60
    I got mine at worldwide cycles

Just be sure to select bolt on

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1761.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	337094

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Theyre comfy eh? That d30 insole is cush. My soles still look new after a year. Pedal pins arent tearing them up

Man, I wish the RCs weren't so fucking skinny lasted. I ordered and tried on a pair of Powerlines but they felt about 1/4 size small, and too narrow. My Impact Pros are only like 6 months old and I'm looking to replace them because my pins have worn big enough holes in the rubber that my feet are coming off. I've got a set of Shimano GR901s on backorder to see if they fit any better. Otherwise maybe I'll try the TNTs sized up and run the laces looser.

My GF has been complaining about numb toes with her 5.10 Freerider Contacts. It might be time to shop around for a different pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Man, I wish the RCs weren't so fucking skinny lasted. I ordered and tried on a pair of Powerlines but they felt about 1/4 size small, and too narrow. My Impact Pros are only like 6 months old and I'm looking to replace them because my pins have worn big enough holes in the rubber that my feet are coming off. I've got a set of Shimano GR901s on backorder to see if they fit any better. Otherwise maybe I'll try the TNTs sized up and run the laces looser.
    I haven't tried the GR901s, but the AM9s have a much wider toe box than the Powerline (or the Transition). They're more similar through the mid foot and heel.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I haven't tried the GR901s, but the AM9s have a much wider toe box than the Powerline (or the Transition). They're more similar through the mid foot and heel.
    Good to know. My issue is actually mostly in the midfoot, but I do prefer to let the piggies spread out too. One of my buddies who also likes Impact Pros for width said he's found Shimanos to fit well in the past, which is why I'm going to give them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Back in March CRC was selling complete BrandX droppers, with a perfectly acceptable remote that appears identical to the remote on a friend's OneUp dropper, for $94.
    To be fair, the ergonomics of the OneUp lever sucks balls IMO and it also has a well documented history of exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Any brand manufacturing any outdoor recreation equipment would like a word with you...
    Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Noted. A lot of aftermarket dropper remotes have ridiculous pricing -- and my point is just that a cable remote simply doesn't do that much, so it shouldn't cost that much. I can buy a clutched rear derailleur for less than WT wants for that remote, and the derailleur is a much more complex part.
    True about the simplicity of their task yet many if not most of them can barely do that, feel like shit, and seem to fail on the regular. I run the Wolf tooth light action on all my bikes and it's worth the price IMO. The knockoff looks decent but seems to be modeled after the regular one, not the light action. Big difference for me not so much for the 'light action' but the longer lever on it means the angle of the paddle doesn't change as much so your thumb is less likely to slip off and it just feels better. No experience with it personally but I'd be a little concerned about the quality and reliability of the knockoff. Not something you want failing out on the trail.

It's worth noting that China's trade practices are really hurting American businesses and jobs at a macro level. I'm as guilty as the next guy of buying cheap chinese shit, even knock offs of American brands but it's on my mind when shopping online and I'm trying to reduce it personally. In the case of the possibly overpriced Wolftooth lever, as noted above, I think it's well worth the money and I like supporting the brand. As mountain bikers we spend the cost of a reliable car for many on toys for rolling around in the woods, we're not hurting financially like many. I like a deal as much as anyone but we can generally afford to pay a little more to support an American brand we like.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    OneUp lever...has a well documented history of exploding.
    I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I did not know that.
    Just the old plastic one. I think the newer aluminum one is fine.

the PNW puget 1x is $30 and looks functionally very similar to those other wolf / etc fancy ones + is in stock. works fine for me, though idk what to compare it to but it has a barrel adjuster, cable attaches to the thumb lever, and so on

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    My GF has been complaining about numb toes with her 5.10 Freerider Contacts. It might be time to shop around for a different pair.
    I had the same problem with my Freerider Contacts. The toe box was a little too narrow for my fat forefoot. Eventually my fat foot stretched them out enough so I no longer have any numbness issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I had the same problem with my Freerider Contacts. The toe box was a little too narrow for my fat forefoot. Eventually my fat foot stretched them out enough so I no longer have any numbness issues.
    You too? Ha! Mine are finally broke in and the soles are shot.

So beefy, especially next to the FOX34 it's replacing...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200813_185227.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	337151

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    I like 5tens and have been in them for rhe last few pairs. The rc does fit me better though. I think the older 5ten tread lasted a little longer but no where near as well as the rc's. Lots of flat pedal shoe options rhese days. Shumano were always comfy. I wonder how new leatt shoe fits. All their stuff seems to be focused on the details

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    The soles on mine are so chewed up tou can now see the insoles on my right foot. Since I'm going to be off the bike for the next few months, I've got time to find a sale on some new 5tens.

Busted my M7000 SLX 11-speed shifter in multiple crashes over this season. Got the 7100 12-speed shifter today and installed it on my 11-speed SLX drivetrain (same cable pull, 12th gear just limited out). Even at the same SLX level, the 12-speed stuff is so much nicer, tighter, higher quality than the 11-speed stuff. I'm excited to eventually upgrade the whole drivetrain to XT/SLX 12.

After leaving my glasses on a rock I was in the market for some new cycling glasses. I like photochromic lenses as I can keep them on all day in and out of forest etc. I couldn’t swallow the cost of a pair of Smith or Oakley glasses so I went with some ‘Rockbros’ off amazon. Literally 1/5th the cost of Smiths.

I’m actually pretty impressed with them. The sit on my sweetly nose without sliding down and have an unobstructed view. Time will time if they last but so far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post

It's worth noting that China's trade practices are really hurting American businesses and jobs at a macro level. I'm as guilty as the next guy of buying cheap chinese shit, even knock offs of American brands but it's on my mind when shopping online and I'm trying to reduce it personally. In the case of the possibly overpriced Wolftooth lever, as noted above, I think it's well worth the money and I like supporting the brand. As mountain bikers we spend the cost of a reliable car for many on toys for rolling around in the woods, we're not hurting financially like many. I like a deal as much as anyone but we can generally afford to pay a little more to support an American brand we like.
    Yeah, me too. I will add that I like supporting any of those crazy Canuck companies too.

Also, a lot of items are most likely based on ABC or demand pricing.

Freeriders are narrower with softer soles. Switch to the Impacts if you want a wider shoe with better support. It’ll take one ride to adapt to the different feel.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Thirded. I went up a half size in my Freerider Pros to deal with my pinky toe going numb and no more issues now. The Pros are much stiffer than the Contacts so I'd recommend giving them a try if the Contact is too flexy.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    After leaving my glasses on a rock I was in the market for some new cycling glasses. I like photochromic lenses as I can keep them on all day in and out of forest etc. I couldn’t swallow the cost of a pair of Smith or Oakley glasses so I went with some ‘Rockbros’ off amazon. Literally 1/5th the cost of Smiths.

I’m actually pretty impressed with them. The sit on my sweetly nose without sliding down and have an unobstructed view. Time will time if they last but so far so good!
    Ryders has good photochromic lenses, and they go on sale fairly often.

I drove from Spokane to Missoula in a pouring rainstorm last summer and kept mine on the whole way- I had better vision with them than without. They look goofy, though.

Got a new pair of Freerider Pros in the spring. Sole is starting to wear through at the pin spots. Had issues with toes and switched to Superfeet insoles and it's been much better. Just put some RC Hellions on order for when the Freeriders crap the bed which I'm betting will be in the fall. Used to get 4-5 seasons out of Impacts but went with Pros to try something new. Hopefully the RC's are cool.