Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

What have you bought/upgraded today.

New bike? New Parts? Upgrades?

Last night I decided my drivetrain needed a freshen up. I put on a new XX1 11sp derailleur, new XX1 chain, new XX1 10-42 with a Wolftoooth 44 extender cog, new 30T Absolute Black Oval direct mount chainring and of course fresh cable housing and cable.
    While changing the cog I serviced my 54T DT swiss free hub with a good thick layer of pink grease.
    Also changed to a new Fabric Scoop Pro saddle that was warranted last fall and I never got around to changing it. The carbon rail version dropped 108g from my old faithful Chromag Trailmaster saddle.

I'll trial test the set up this morning.

Bought a new Ergon SM Pro saddle last week, and holy shit- game changer for my ass. It's a huge upgrade over the WTB Silverado I've been sitting on for the last few years. I immediately ordered another one for my second bike.

Haven't bought it yet, but I'm in the process of looking at a coil upgrade for my GG Smash to replace the Fox DPX2. Currently thinking of a MRP Hazzard or Cane Creek Double Barrel CS.

I've been in build mode for the last 2-3 weeks working on a Trek Stache. Upgrades will come in the future, but I bought a garbaruk 10-46 cassette, a pair of bontrager line pro 40 wheels, a phenom saddle, and a chromag carbon bar.

I just finished upgrading my wife's Tallboy 1 moving her from 3x XTR to 1x XT. I also cleaned and greased the 54t star ratchet at the same time. :-) Cleaned her brakes, cleaned swapped and greased the upper and lower linkages, swapped the shock from an RP23 to a DPS with remote. Lastly, changed her Reverb dropper to a Brand-X.

I put new grips on my daughter's bike but am planning on setting up a new wheelset with a 10 speed group giving her a 42t rear cog. I think that will help hey enjoy the climbing a little bit more.

I have some brake work to do on all of our bikes - it seems like they are all squealing. I have some new stems to try and would like to put a wider bar on my trail bike.

I enjoy this stuff.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Bought a cheap pair of alloy 29”ers, bontrager line comp, cool part is, for 20 bucks you can upgrade to 108 engagement in about 6 minutes without tools. Anyways, wanted a pair for the 29/27.5+ hardtail that currently sits on 27.5x3.0.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I put Michelin Wild Enduro Rear on a couple weeks ago I think. Crazy grip in dusty summer conditions. That bastard just refuses to slide. It doesn't roll as fast as some weenie tire like a Dissector, but I get faster times because I have more control.

I also rode my "downcountry" bike (Smuggler) after letting it collect dust for a few months, and immediately noticed the lack of front brake power with just 180s compared to the 203/180 on my other bike, so I bought a new adapter and pulled a not perfectly straight 203 rotor out of my parts. Huge upgrade.

Pair Gravel King SK's went on the GF's cross grinder gravel whatever bike today. My Bronson V2 is just about un-upgradeable without doing something really stupid so I'm looking at building a short travel slack 29r.

a large bottle of Stan's to freshen up the latex

at some point this winter it would have been -25C in that shed, I don't think stans fluid likes to be frozen so one of the tires was flat the day after pumping it up to 25lb

I think i might bring the wheels in next year
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Bought a new Ergon SM Pro saddle last week, and holy shit- game changer for my ass. .
    Good to hear- I've got Giant's stock ass-hatchet from my Trance but have an Ergon SMC4 ready to go on.

My Trance has been in spring refresh mode this week..

New RS Super Deluxe reservoir rear shock going on to replace the dead Fox DPS.

Brake bleed, new semi-metallic pads, new wheel bearings, new tires and OrangeSeal Endurance Sealant. Gonna strip the drivetrain and degrease it too when I get it back from the shop (new suspension bearings after a minor accident)

Grabbed a Yakima tailgate pad on Kijiji for those quick trips where I don’t want to bust out the hold up rack.

still waiting for my fork to be finished by my LBS so I can finish my damn hardtail build!

Carbon Lev seatpost for my ‘lighter’ bike. 100 grams less than a transfer..
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Also got one of these shirts..,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E76B1A57-0E14-47E0-9F38-CA00FBDFE997.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	744.4 KB 
ID:	327320

Going a little nuts the bike upgrades lately:

New 150 mm Marzocchi Z1 coil and new Race Face crank for my hardtail
    Shimano GRX upgrade to my gravel bike (cranks, shifters/brakes, derailluer)
    Also thinking about a wheel upgrade for the gravel bike soon.

This is all after I finished building a new Hightower a few weeks ago.

Finally got some Michelin Rock’r2s to try out. Gonna throw those on today. Had lots of other big plans but the wife just got furloughed, so things are on hold for a little while.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

New set of WTB Byways for my gravel bike and a bottle of Stans (how is Finish Line sealant still on the market? I was given a gallon and it has never sealed a single tire of mine) as well as some new bar tape. MTB trails still closed here so the Ripley LS hasn't rolled yet.

Ibis Ripmo
    Frame should be here Wednesday
    I9 Wheels due tomorrow
    Fox 38/XTR/RaceFace build all waiting in the garage.
    HooHoo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

That’s gonna be a sweet rig...

This spring:

Chromag Rootdown:
    - Upped travel on Fox 36 from 150 to 160
    - Replaced Shimano XT 11-46 cassette with 11-42 after it was skipping with a new chain (no more big jump, only has one alloy cog instead of two so should last longer)
    - Replaced Shimano RT66 180/160 rotors with RT86 180/180 (mostly because I found a deal and they look nicer)

Devinci Troy 29:
    - Replaced dented Race Face ARC 35 rims with We Are One Agent (lots of people are around here ride them hard and they have held up well)
    - Put on Michelin Wild Enduro Front Magi-X and Rear Gum-X tires (haven't tried them in the wet, but so far so good in the dry. They love loam)
    - Replaced Guide RSCs with Code RSCs and swapped rear rotor from 180 to 200

A new tire to replace the almost new rear tire I sliced the sidewall on. Bought at the LBS to help them out for $72. Was really excited to see them online for $38 when I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I've been in build mode for the last 2-3 weeks working on a Trek Stache. Upgrades will come in the future, but I bought a garbaruk 10-46 cassette, a pair of bontrager line pro 40 wheels, a phenom saddle, and a chromag carbon bar.
    What's your plan for this bike? I've been eyeing them HARD.

For me lots of upgrades. Tore down the Diamondback Haanjo gravel bike to put on Force 1 components. I hate setting up new bars and levers, just little tweaks to get it all dialed. Feels great when it's done though. It would probably be better if I had a garage .

Also on the list is upgrading the fork on a Trance Advanced. Picked up a 2019 Pike 160mm from eBay for a cool $300. I might do the rear shock too, but tbd. I want to ride it first. Tempted to pick up some Guide RSC brakes for it as well, but alas SLX will have to stay on there for a bit til I close out these other projects.

A Campy derailleur cable.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I Megatrail'ed my GG Shred Dogg recently. Lots of nice new stuff that I still can't believe I own*:

-Manitou Mezzer Pro 170
    -Manitou Mara Pro 230x65
    -Reynolds Blacklabel Wide Trail 347 Hydra wheels
    -Protaper stealth carbon bars, plus Protaper stealth stem and Meathammer grips
    -Protaper pedals

I also put new sintered pads in the Hayes Dominion A4s I already had on there. All set for the mellow XC trails I'm allowed to ride for the next year.

* - My kid may or may not be sponsored by Hayes

12sp XTGnar GS derailleur, 10-45t cassette, shifter, chain
    Freshy Ergon GD1 grips
    2021 Fox Factory 190x45 DPX2 & 140 34 Grip2
    Industry 9 Hydra rear hub - lacing up to DT EX471 w/ Revolutions (replacing an adapterized 12/142 Hope Pro2 EVO)

Hanging these parts on a TallDude 4 that I've been piecing together for the last couple of months...gotta go build a wheel now.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    A new tire to replace the almost new rear tire I sliced the sidewall on. Bought at the LBS to help them out for $72. Was really excited to see them online for $38 when I checked.
    Just a guess, but Maxxis EXO?

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    What's your plan for this bike? I've been eyeing them HARD.
    A friend has been raving about this bike for years. I think that this will be my go to bike for the majority of the riding I do and a little bike packing as well. I'll ride my hightower when suspension is necessary. I'm really surprised at how capable this bike is, though, even with the puny XR2 tires that I have on it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk