Page 36 of 100 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20AB649D-820E-4178-8E9E-0B6958905957.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	702.4 KB 
ID:	380022

New item for the world’s slowest build. Going on a Honzo SS...... sometime.

Bought a new XT derailleur to replace the XTR I wrecked in Downieville.

Of course the first time I ever have an XTR bike I destroy something within the first month or two. This is also the reason I had always intended on getting an XT bike…don’t have the cash flow to be springing for XTR replacement parts all the time.

Giving steel a shot

Trying to think what that is? Some nice shapes on the front triangle, pivot hardware and links look super clean clean

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Bought a new XT derailleur to replace the XTR I wrecked in Downieville.

Of course the first time I ever have an XTR bike I destroy something within the first month or two. This is also the reason I had always intended on getting an XT bike…don’t have the cash flow to be springing for XTR replacement parts all the time.
    XTR shifter and cassette are where it matters, if any at all other than few grams. XTs shift great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a pnw components coupon code? I need a new dropper to replace my saggy reverb.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    XTR shifter
    Speaking of XT or XTR shifter, is anyone sitting on a bar-clamp version of the shifter? Or just the cover itself (part number Y0GT98020). Predictably enough the thing is out of stock everywhere.
    I have an I-SPEC XT shifter and can't really position if far enough inboard to prevent it from digging into my thumb when descending. I also run my levers quite flat and the angle of the shifter isn't great. I wouldn't mind swapping the cover and turning my I-spec shifter into a bar-clamp version. XT and XTR versions are compatible but SLX and below are different.

As an aside rant, this "clean cockpit" concept is fucking annoying when it means manufacturers force you to choose which control is going to end up in a sub-par position. I couldn't care less if my bars look cluttered, I'll take 4 different bar clamps if it means I can have brake levers, dropper post, and shifter where I want them to be.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Trying to think what that is? Some nice shapes on the front triangle, pivot hardware and links look super clean clean

Marin Alpine Trail 7

Realize that it might not have been clear I meant steel suspension and not steel frame...

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    Marin Alpine Trail 7

Realize that it might not have been clear I meant steel suspension and not steel frame...
    Ah i see. I kept trying to look at the welds but its hard to see a phone pic on my phone. Should be a good fit, marin have some aggresive geo these days. The team at marin seem pretty stoked on cool bikes these days

Yeah I've been enjoying the hell out of it. Not the best components, but easily upgradable as things break and wear.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

I’m still on a 26” bike (Pivot Mach 5) but found new old stock Stan’s Bravo rims and paired them with DT Swiss 240EXPs. Just transferred the cassette, rotors, taped the rims and mounted the tires today.

Name:	IMG_8225.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	255.6 KB 
ID:	382015

Name:	IMG_8226.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	254.1 KB 
ID:	382016

Name:	IMG_8223.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	288.1 KB 
ID:	382018

Name:	IMG_8222.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	382017
    Last edited by Colorado_Freeskier; 08-10-2021 at 08:32 PM.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Speaking of XT or XTR shifter, is anyone sitting on a bar-clamp version of the shifter?

Colorado Cyclist has them for reasonable in stock and free shipping.

I might be interested in taking that I-Spec off your hands…

https://www.coloradocyclist.com/shim...fters-12-speed

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I’ve got several sets of the non-Rs. They’ve been solid across a bunch of years and bikes. The Rs are a steal, I’ve got a set in my cart as we speak. Only problem I’ve ever has is with them slowly working loose and bunging the BB spindle, which means replacing the BB (otherwise, they just keep coming loose). It’s not like it’s a major problem and could have been due to operator error, but I try to check the crank bolts whenever the bike is on the stand.
    Just following up - I was having the loosening cranks issue with my Aeffect Rs. I checked them after each ride after you mentioned the problem, and found that the bolt had backed off a bit.

I ended up removing one of the 1 mm spacers that comes stock on the spindle, and so far the bolt has stayed tight. I was also getting some binding on my bb, but the cranks now spin freely after removing the spacer. I am pretty sure the spacer was putting too much preload on the bb and preventing the crank from bottoming on the splines, which is what was causing it to come loose. I am using a Shimano bb rather than the Race Face one the cranks were designed around, and there can be minor differences in bb shell width, so the stock spacer setup may have been incorrect.

Name:	IMG_3343.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	382739

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Nice! Luvs coil

I need a lyric/yari 29 boost csu. Anyone holding or any ideas where to look for one?

Wanted to try an X2 on the Switchblade, but they're hard to come by.
    Going to give the new Float X at shot.

We'll see how the new new compares to the DPX2.

Name:	PXL_20210818_204711602.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	382792

Guess this goes here, though I picked it up several days ago - finished making my tweaks and additions, need to dial in suspension still, and take it for its first ride.

Salsa Blackthorn carbon SLX, 160/140 29er. Slackest and burliest bike I've ever had.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Fancy shoes, fancy hubs, fancy tires.

Name:	PXL_20210818_003211674.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	233.6 KB 
ID:	382808

Name:	PXL_20210818_005935178.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	284.2 KB 
ID:	382806

Name:	PXL_20210818_184025481.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	382807

Name:  PXL_20210817_183132374.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  182.5 KB

I wanted the blue shoes and 350 hubs or hopes or something in that price range but you take what you can get these days. Rims to go with the hubs and tires should be here pretty soon. I have been spending too much money.
    Last edited by jamal; 08-18-2021 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Guess this goes here, though I picked it up several days ago - finished making my tweaks and additions, need to dial in suspension still, and take it for its first ride.

Salsa Blackthorn carbon SLX, 160/140 29er. Slackest and burliest bike I've ever had.
    Interested to hear about this

^^damn^^
    I've been eyeing a rambler..
    How was wait times?

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    XTR shifter and cassette are where it matters, if any at all other than few grams. XTs shift great
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Finally got around to installing the XT derailleur (been tied up with life and off the bike for a few weeks), and can confirm a new XT shifts much better than a deformed XTR.

Looks like the only damage on the XTR derailleur is the inner and outer plates holding the pulley wheels, so I guess I should ask - anyone have a worn out 12 speed XTR derailleur that has plates in good condition? New XTR parts cost as much as and XT derailleur, so can’t justify that purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    ^^damn^^
    I've been eyeing a rambler..
    How was wait times?
    I was looking at these in spring at REI, and they went out of stock fast. A friend got one but in the wrong size for me - but I could check it out anyway.

They came back in stock and I bought one. A week or so for shipping time, that was it.

I had it shipped to the Bend OR REI store, because Oregon doesn't have sales tax. Used it as an excuse to take a trip to Bend... but smoke and 95* temps limited riding.

FWIW, a full price bike at REI counts for the 10% dividend. Buying it on their co branded Mastercard gets another 5% back. These days, 15% off seems like a deal.

So, watch REI inventory and be ready to buy if you see stock!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Finally got around to installing the XT derailleur (been tied up with life and off the bike for a few weeks), and can confirm a new XT shifts much better than a deformed XTR.

Looks like the only damage on the XTR derailleur is the inner and outer plates holding the pulley wheels, so I guess I should ask - anyone have a worn out 12 speed XTR derailleur that has plates in good condition? New XTR parts cost as much as and XT derailleur, so can’t justify that purchase.
    Got my first ride in with the new XT derailleur installed. Was significantly slower this ride than previous ride. Pretty sure it’s due to the derailleur downgrade, not the four weeks off from riding….

Got my first ride in with the new XT derailleur installed. Was significantly slower this ride than previous ride. Pretty sure it’s due to the derailleur downgrade, not the four weeks off from riding….
    Your bike is embarrassed because of the downgraded derailleur and is now punishing you. Only explanation.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise