Page 82 of 100 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2487
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I am interested to see how it pans out too and how well it works in practice. Also kind of happy that it’s not my bike that I have to fiddle around with even more than is typical with regular bikes.
    I guess the upside is supposed to be that you don’t have to fiddle once it is set correctly but also Andrew was out of cell service and the app meant to connect and correct issues would not connect via bluetooth as they were supposed to.
    He is barely phased by having to deal with all of these delays though so I will just observe from the sidelines.
    Truth be told I almost prefer the delay of the new bike. It is 29er and so much lighter than his other bikes that I no longer get a bicycle weight/efficiency advantage when riding xc together
    Is he on the new Transmission stuff? What's the issue?

I'm off the back on XO AXS but I had a 'terminal' error when I changed the battery the first time. Tried the app for troubleshooting to no avail and was gonna scrap it all. SRAM tech gave me some other tips, no love. Finally they said leave the battery out overnight and if it still doesn't work send it in. It worked, no issues since.

Have a spare XO shifter and derailleur still in their boxes in the garage just in case. AXS is pretty sweet though, I'm sure transmission is better.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Nice the sentinel is a great bike even if I just moved up a travel category. We should have some mag bike rides sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Nice the sentinel is a great bike even if I just moved up a travel category. We should have some mag bike rides sometime.
    For sure man maiden voyage OTG/Xhaul/EBAD tomorrow pm if you're around.

The overly worn tires on my bike felt especially loose last weekend, so my cheap ass finally thru in the towel and i mounted up a fresh set Minion DHR IIs, 2.3 DD out back and 2.4 EXO up front. Yowsa, riding on tires that actually grip is amazing! Duh!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4610.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	662.6 KB 
ID:	460985
    51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Got some too-expensive bar tape. Hope it’s worth it.

Name:	30F7084B-8CD0-4ECD-92FD-F202C22B2DA5.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	424.0 KB 
ID:	461126

It says its the world's most comfortable right on the package!
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    It says its the world's most comfortable right on the package!

Finally finished my SS build and got it out for a ride. Such a ridiculously fun bike very happy with how it turned out
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Is he on the new Transmission stuff? What's the issue?

I'm off the back on XO AXS but I had a 'terminal' error when I changed the battery the first time. Tried the app for troubleshooting to no avail and was gonna scrap it all. SRAM tech gave me some other tips, no love. Finally they said leave the battery out overnight and if it still doesn't work send it in. It worked, no issues since.

Have a spare XO shifter and derailleur still in their boxes in the garage just in case. AXS is pretty sweet though, I'm sure transmission is better.
    The issue was that it wasn’t calibrated correctly from the shop and then was not really fixable via normal routes (and this shop is closed fri- sat-sundays) He took a pathway spin and while shifting it janked the chain stays and took paint off the frame. Just a bit lame when you spend $11k
    It’s fixed now but makes me gun shy because of the myriad of issues that typically accompany shifting. Hopefully full steam ahead now but glad I can adjust my stuff myself
    skid luxury

Having built up 2 rigs with the new fangled Transmission for my better half and I, you simply cannot set it up like all of us set up bikes in the past. One MUST read the frickin instructions and watch the Youtoob. Yes, was tough for someone with close to 40 yrs of Bike Industry/Tech experience to succumb to reading the Manual….If the shop botched counting chain links or did not torque it down properly in the correct sequence, the der will slip and you are pretty much hosed. Will skip like mad and chowder the inside of the rear dropout/stays. Ask me how I know…..and pretty much nothing you can do trail side w/o a big ass 8mm Allen will fix it. That being said, having learned my mistake on the 1st transmission install/setup it has been spot on dead reliable and performance is dreamy. Not going Analog anytime….

After my experience with lizard skins I consider anything over 2mm boomer tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    After my experience with lizard skins I consider anything over 2mm boomer tape.
    If it keeps me from having to go to a boomer geometry road bike, I’ll consider it a win.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    If it keeps me from having to go to a boomer geometry road bike, I’ll consider it a win.
    I am curious how installation will go. I had a very hard time installing the lizard skins tape. Cheater strips were a must. The no stretch installation just doesn't work with some bars.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    The issue was that it wasn’t calibrated correctly from the shop and then was not really fixable via normal routes (and this shop is closed fri- sat-sundays) He took a pathway spin and while shifting it janked the chain stays and took paint off the frame. Just a bit lame when you spend $11k
    It’s fixed now but makes me gun shy because of the myriad of issues that typically accompany shifting. Hopefully full steam ahead now but glad I can adjust my stuff myself
    Man that is a bummer. Glad it's fixed now though. Maybe the shop didn't read the instructions, haha?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    I am curious how installation will go. I had a very hard time installing the lizard skins tape. Cheater strips were a must. The no stretch installation just doesn't work with some bars.
    I’ll let you know. Never had to use the cheater strips before, and will be trying to forgo them again here.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Having built up 2 rigs with the new fangled Transmission for my better half and I, you simply cannot set it up like all of us set up bikes in the past. One MUST read the frickin instructions and watch the Youtoob. Yes, was tough for someone with close to 40 yrs of Bike Industry/Tech experience to succumb to reading the Manual….If the shop botched counting chain links or did not torque it down properly in the correct sequence, the der will slip and you are pretty much hosed. Will skip like mad and chowder the inside of the rear dropout/stays. Ask me how I know…..and pretty much nothing you can do trail side w/o a big ass 8mm Allen will fix it. That being said, having learned my mistake on the 1st transmission install/setup it has been spot on dead reliable and performance is dreamy. Not going Analog anytime….
    This happened to me last night on the first ride I had. However, was able to fix trailside because my multitool has a 8mm hex. Installation is actually quite easy IF you follow the instructions, and once its installed right, it works like a dream. You definitely have to make sure you torqued down the derailleur to prevent slipping.

Might be jumping into a Revel Rover, sight unseen. I'd like a dirt roadie for around the Truckee/Tahoe zone - already have several mountain bikes, but I hate my $300 Craigslist road bike that doesn't fit me and there are TONS of forest, fire, gravel, and mixed roads around here. And they beat me to crap on the skinny tires.

Anyway, anyone have experience with the Rover? Reviews look solid. I have a shop owner friend that carries them, and will get it for a good price. Only complaint based on the specs is it doesn't have cargo bosses or fender mounts, but that would only be for purely hypothetical bikepacking.
    sproing!

Ya there’s a guy that rides Sawtooth pretty much year round and most of it is on his gravel bike. Def a nice tool too have in Truckee if only to put in some miles. Just buy the Revel, you can always get another bike w bag mounts when you need that

Little demon in the back of my head finally got to me. Psst, what if a dropout comes unglued on your 25year old carbon frame? What if there is a small crack and you eat it goin 40mph down city creek?

I always was a fan of steel bikes, So went and checked this guy out and it fits, and it needs a little work, and i always need another project...

Name:	PXL_20230608_050428402.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	461261
    sigless.

That's very pretty! #rimbrakedefenceforce
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I'm psyched to go through it and get it on the road.
    sigless.

New bike day SB160.

Trying out the Zeb vs a 38 today see how it goes. The bike is way faster than I am. Honestly sad for it and its life of mediocrity. XL X0 Transmission build is 35lbs without pedals. Not terrible honestly.

Name:	353070245_939176220653083_3538189625772490156_n.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	461287

Booyah! ^^^
    sigless.

Them new X0 cranks are hot

I bought tires, tubes, cables, and bar tape.

Shit is expensive yo! But the bike is all cleaned up and rtg. I even polished the frame and waxed it. I think I'll go ride it tomorrow.

Name:	PXL_20230609_023749449.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	461331
    sigless.