Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2489
    No brainer if it's lighter. With all of the Evo's geo adjust options you can probably set the Evo up to pedal every bit as well as the non-Evo Stumpy and run it super low/slack for park days.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 01-30-2023 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    This decision is kind of a no brainer I think
    I think you’re right.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

You said yourself you'll be shuttling and park days, so that leans heavily in favor of EVO for her.

I'm debating upgrading my '19 Stumpjumper to a '22 normal Stumpy or an Evo to try out a big longer and slacker. Struggling to justify the EVO b/c friend who owned one said it really climbs much more like an enduro bike. Almost all of my rides I do care about climbing efficiently and to be a good tech trail climber, which the normal Stumpy does incredibly well. Also comes down to most of my riding crew are on trail bikes more than enduro bikes, so leaning non EVO myself.

I had a 2022 stumpy carbon and now a 2022 stumpy evo carbon. About 2 - 2.5 lbs difference with exact same build beyond fork, shock, frame. The evo climbs like the difference is greater. However, it’s much more confidence inspiring on the way down.

East or bust, I think you’re on the right track looking at the evo Carbon considering it’s a decent value on sale.

VTskibum, my input is to maybe look at something that might split the difference. I loved the efficiency of the reg stumpy, but felt the 130mm rear end could get overwhelmed quickly. The evo will have loads of traction, but the length may feel unwieldy in tight tech stuff. Maybe the propain Hugene would work?

Edit: another thought is to maybe downsize on the evo. I’m 6’0” on an S4 and curious if I could get comfortable on an S3. Although, I’m saving my loose change in case the Smuggler comes back soon and doesn’t cost a fortune (unlikely).

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post

Edit: another thought is to maybe downsize on the evo. I’m 6’0” on an S4 and curious if I could get comfortable on an S3. Although, I’m saving my loose change in case the Smuggler comes back soon and doesn’t cost a fortune (unlikely).
    FWIW, I'm 5-6 and when I rode AC's S2 Evo I almost felt like I could have gone up a size. Just the one ride though and I've never actually ridden an S3, but I'd be surprised if you weren't cramped on an S3.

S3 is very much a medium on SJs.

Smuggler is very close, like soon.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Pulled the trigger on an S4 Stumpjumper Pro before the 25% sale ended this week. Decided that for almost all of my riding the normal stumpy is the right call, also new geo should offset slight loss in travel (10mm f/r) compared to my current one. Borrowed my friends S4 for some of our techy trails and my local ones and think it’ll be ideal, especially coming from XC background where climbing tech trails is still really important.

Only time I’ll really be missing out is in the few times I get something really steep and chundery, when I’ll generally be riding w friends on similar mid-travel bikes.

Borrowed friends, but same one/color I ordered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Woooo! I’m hoping the rear brake hose isn’t internally routed like the spy photos I’ve seen. Any idea on this?

oops

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1675638277.465112.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	446271

Was planning to go for the comp but the expert build was too good to pass up

oops

Awe yeah dawgy! That's gonna be a hoot!

I might get a Specialized DJ soon.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

oops

Sweet! Picking mine up this week as well

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Woooo! I’m hoping the rear brake hose isn’t internally routed like the spy photos I’ve seen. Any idea on this?
    I didn't think to look at that.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

DT Swiss 36t ratchet to replace my painfully slow to engage 18t on the 22 Stumpy Evo i impulse bought late fall when they were on sale. Now maybe another brake bleed to see if I can improve these code RS brakes. The lever throw is pretty bad, takes forever to make contact with rotor.

Some clearance Giro Prolight Techlace. Sooooo light...almost non-existent!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Now maybe another brake bleed to see if I can improve these code RS brakes. The lever throw is pretty bad, takes forever to make contact with rotor.

That’s the first thing I noticed on the GF’s new whip. Definitely pretty bad. Fairly certain I have the same brakes on my Enduro and the lever throw is way shorter, so there’s hope…

Other than that I’m digging it after the first hallway ride

Probably 20k of Stumpjumpers at my house today. My ‘19 Sworks, buddies ‘22 Pro and my new ‘22 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    I’m guessing sometime today, edit: or maybe tomorrow
    Last edited by g_man80; 02-15-2023 at 12:13 PM.

Just saw all the SJ love.
    Picked mine up back in the fall, but don't think I ever posted.

Name:	PXL_20221023_184929229.PORTRAIT.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	447881

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Just saw all the SJ love.
    Picked mine up back in the fall, but don't think I ever posted.

Name:	PXL_20221023_184929229.PORTRAIT.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	447881
    Same, but got the Evo. Very excited for riding season as I just got a tease of riding it before the snow shut things down. Never thought I’d be excited about the big S, but fuck it, they are making some nice bikes!

I upgraded my frame Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20230211_215723240.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	447962

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Same, but got the Evo. Very excited for riding season as I just got a tease of riding it before the snow shut things down. Never thought I’d be excited about the big S, but fuck it, they are making some nice bikes!

Evo for me too.

I kept trying to turn my Switchblade into what the Evo was (Angleset, X2, Cascade Link, etc. etc.). Made some aspects better, didn't fix others, but was also losing what I liked about the SB.

Epic Evo + Stump Evo = most of my bases covered.
    Last edited by XtrPickels; 02-15-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Evo for me too.

I kept trying to turn my Switchblade into what the Evo was (Angleset, X2, etc. etc.). Made some aspects better, didn't fix others, but was also losing what I liked about the SB.

Epic Evo + Stump Evo = most of my bases covered.
    Ha, Evo for me as well (white with gold accents), and a Stumpy for bigger high-country rides as well.

I too am two rides in on my stump jumper. First 29 r. Super fast and lots of PR’s on slick rock and Navajo Rocks. Should say that I wasn’t trying for that, and actually was telling myself to hold back. Need more confidence with the big hoops on Ahab. Pedal strikes are a thing like never before. Probably need to put it in the higher setting. It’s hard to get right when you have to drive 3 hours to get to riding that isn’t quite ready.

I generally ran my Stumpjumper in the high setting with 170mm cranks. With about 30% sag I was getting a lot of pedal strikes in the low setting.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"