Page 28 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Of all the bits acquired for the new bike this little red dude might be my favorite.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0802.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	372865

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

MRP XCg chain guide. tired of replacing a chain (and limping out) when I bash a rock

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I just had Diaz rebuild my suspension and tried to get a Runt, but they were out for 36s, and talked me into a custom tune instead. I am not super sensitive about my suspension but HOLY FUCK does it feel better than it ever did. Just unbelievable.
    I must have timed it good, picked up a runt for my 36 a few weeks ago, really like it after a few rides to get it dialed. Now I'm wondering about a custom tune, maybe front and back, but bike season is here so probably not gonna happen.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    MRP XCg chain guide. tired of replacing a chain (and limping out) when I bash a rock
    I just mounted an Absolute Black bash guard chain guide combo and immediately slammed it into a big old block of quartzite with 0 issues, what a lovely feeling that was. The new chain guide also works with oval rings which is a nice bonus, the stock guide only worked for rounds.

The Occam it went on doesn't have ISCG tabs so I got a BB adapter (thankfully the BB is threaded). It took a bit of work with the angle grinder to thin the adapter so it wouldn't interfere with the bulgy carbon in a couple of spots but everything worked out in the end.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The 32T middle ring on the touring mtnbike was skipping/worn out the LBS even had one in stock

the shifting to small ring had been flaky, I had put up with it for too long, since i was down there I put a 1mm shim on the BB to fix crank alignment issues and get better front der shifting

It sure is nice working on a waxed drive train that was completely cleaned of all petro chainlube
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I was doing amble bitching about this in the supply chain thread but I ordered a RSD The Mayor fat bike frame back in late November with the expectation of a late January delivery. That was pushed back to late February, then mid-March, then early April and then it finally shipped early last week. FedEx lost the package and dragged their feet for 10 days to find and it showed up yesterday.

I wanted fat bike frame with reasonably progressive geo and there's not much out there besides this. 66' HTA, 74' STA with a 120 fork should make this about as rad as a fat bike can get. I'm hoping the build comes out in the low 30 lbs range.

Edit: Didn't realize how much dog hair's on the couch.

Name:	IMG_3556.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	373089
    Last edited by HankScorpio; 04-30-2021 at 06:48 AM.

Name:	75B93D2F-D6A4-4B53-BC39-50A2F3887BA2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1,006.0 KB 
ID:	373152
    Built the Hei Hei today. Raiding the parts bin ended up creating some interesting engineering and maintenance issues, to put it mildly. Since I can’t get a long hose (formula or Jagwire Pro — no fittings available) I’m not running my R0s but using 4 pot Guide RSCs as a shitty temporary solution. I have the new 130 mm air spring for the Pike, quick install in the morning.

Thanks to the Kona fans here who got me interested in this frame.

BTW interested in suggestions for a front tire. I often ride loose conditions, so looking for a fastish rolling 2.4ish tire with decent corner knobs. The 2.5 Agggressor on there isn’t 3C. My other bikes run 2.5 WT DHFs but I’m looking fir a 8-900 g tire that’s more XC.

The 29er Forekaster is 2.35” unfortunately. Bontteager XR4 Team 2.4” is sold out apparently .

Nice! I like that blue, shop owner got himself one in that color this winter after handing down the silver one to his son.

I was thinking about trying a dissector up front on mine, that's like 900g for the 2.4 exo/3c version but also it hasn't been available. A lighter dhf would be kind of cool I think. Maybe there's a bontrager or specialized tire kind of like that?

I got some carbon cranks for my hei hei today, wanted xo1, wound up with stylos because they were available. Little heavier, but also a little cheaper. It annoys me they put the heavy as fuck truvativ descendants on that bike.

Looks pretty sweet. Some mt7's with the yellow caliper covers would pop on that. A buddy of mine is head of product development with them. All their bikes have great lines the last few years

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Does this count as bike stuff?

Name:	Image1619842960.298196.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	373167

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

you could eat that stuff and go skiing or running

no
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you could eat that stuff and go skiing or running

no
    To be fair to me, not skiing. And the water bottle is inconvenient for running. I say: yes!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Nice! I like that blue, shop owner got himself one in that color this winter after handing down the silver one to his son.

I was thinking about trying a dissector up front on mine, that's like 900g for the 2.4 exo/3c version but also it hasn't been available. A lighter dhf would be kind of cool I think. Maybe there's a bontrager or specialized tire kind of like that?
    This Feb I stocked up on tires since I knew availability would suck this summer…DHR IIs, Dissector 2.4 exo 3C, Vittoria, etc…..anyway that Dissector is 1030 g actual weight.

I got fancy coloured hex keys. And...Name:  16198899395590.jpeg
Views: 501
Size:  38.3 KB
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Built the Hei Hei today. Raiding the parts bin ended up creating some interesting engineering and maintenance issues, to put it mildly. Since I can’t get a long hose (formula or Jagwire Pro — no fittings available) I’m not running my R0s but using 4 pot Guide RSCs as a shitty temporary solution. I have the new 130 mm air spring for the Pike, quick install in the morning.

Thanks to the Kona fans here who got me interested in this frame.

BTW interested in suggestions for a front tire. I often ride loose conditions, so looking for a fastish rolling 2.4ish tire with decent corner knobs. The 2.5 Agggressor on there isn’t 3C. My other bikes run 2.5 WT DHFs but I’m looking fir a 8-900 g tire that’s more XC.

The 29er Forekaster is 2.35” unfortunately. Bontteager XR4 Team 2.4” is sold out apparently .
    The Bontrager is great - but is also pretty narrow on even a 29-30mm IW rim. The 2.6 would be ideal, but good luck getting one.

What about a DHFII in 2.4 size? The Forekaster in a 2.6? Granted only DC or 3c Maxxspeed only, it either of those would work for you.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Got my new cranks on today, 550g with a 34t compared to 738 for the cranks and ring the bike came with. Annoying they put those brick descendants on a carbon xc bike.

Name:	IMG_20210501_190625186_HDR (1).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	379.8 KB 
ID:	373285

Also did the RSC levers in place of the guide Rs. Hey they actually bite and have power before the lever is at the bar now!

Just little things that are making me happier with the bike. XC tires go on next week so we'll see what it weighs. With the dhf and a rekon is was a touch over 28 last I had it on a scale. Next I think it's a lighter cassette and maybe fancy wheels.
    Last edited by jamal; 05-02-2021 at 04:46 PM.

^^^ Nice setup. The extended drink supply is giving me FOMO.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Found an X01 online. Hoping their inventory is accurate.

I haven't broken one in a long time... stick wedged in just wrong!

New bottom bracket, chain, cassette and front ring for me today.

Bought a pair of Chromag pedals online. Turns out their inventory was wrong on the site.... so now I wait....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Scored two 12” Striders for a deal in Longmont while we were down for the weekend. Crew is psyched!

Name:	Image1620046132.552591.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	373378

pedals, tmac’s to be exact, only ones worth a crap that the shop had in stock. they seem pretty sweet, but I will silently weep over the price tag

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Built myself a SS gravel bike this rainy day from old parts I had laying around. I did have to go see my buddy at the LBS, dig through his basement parts box, and find a 1 1/8” quill mountain stem. It was $5. I hope 36/16 works well enough as that was what I had for a cog, chainring, and chain that fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7BFE766-55EE-45FE-8866-277D92B88DDE.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	373581  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Built myself a SS gravel bike this rainy day from old parts I had laying around. I did have to go see my buddy at the LBS, dig through his basement parts box, and find a 1 1/8” quill mountain stem. It was $5. I hope 36/16 works well enough as that was what I had for a cog, chainring, and chain that fit.
    Dude, you’ve got bikes to match your vintage ski wear collection

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Of all the bits acquired for the new bike this little red dude might be my favorite.

Name:	IMG_0802.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	372865

I ride a black Rascal do we have the same bike? Or is that a Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably