Page 64 of 100 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2497
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    It's a valid concern. I already have the WAO bars/stem that were designed with 77 so I'll be fine. The stem is very similar but black, thus the ridiculously unnecessary part. They do say the stem will work with any 35mm bar with 20mm or less of rise. Seems like a good chance you'll scratch them without the WAO spacer though.

This is my experiment in going back to 31.8 bars because I was getting a lot of arm pump and some wrist issues and thought maybe 35mm bars weren't helping the situation. Gotta say, the situation's noticeably better with the WAO 31.8 bars.
    Good on you. I picked one up to match my Kavenz, but can’t get hold of the bars.

So now I rock a Nukeproof cockpit and have the 77 stem displayed as a reminder to do proper research

Couldn’t even fit a 12mm Horizon-bar in the stem, and I use a 38mm rise….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooof, brutal. Might be able to sell the stem if you find the right person but I guess It'd be a long shot. The stem is a work of art but still kind of a pain in the ass if you ever plan on removing the bar. For travel in a bike bag I guess I'd just take the stem off with the bars and put a dummy stem on for the trip.

How's that bike? Looks really good! Did you customise your geometry?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Do you have any comments on the sizing? What size did you get and do you have anything to compare to?

I like cargo bib shorts and have two pairs of the Specialized Swat ones, but they are weirdly restrictive even in a size large with slightly too short straps. Craft bibs is size large fit me fine…
    This belongs in the Rant thread but Specialized was so consistent with their fit UNTIL last season when they shortened RIGHT UP. Was pissed because I bought a pair without trying after buying many since their inception and unaware of the fit change, can't stand them they're so tight.
    The Yetis are my new favourite. Also bought the Patagonia, nice on hot days but a deserved rant as the pockets are open at the bottom so the contents migrate and mix, have no idea how anybody thought that was a good idea.

Neat, looks kind of like those intend stems. And that bikeyoke I suppose too. I'm kinda shopping for bars and stems because those bontrager one piece deals are out of stock and don't seem to come in the length/width I think I want. My I9/RF setup is nice but not super weight weenie.

Put a new BB in the hei hei today so I guess that's something I bought. The pf92 dub one that was in there held up well enough- like 2 years and 4k miles. But It's a bearing in a cup and then you have all these little plastic deals that go in there and pretty small bearings. Like 40mm od, 30mm id. The wheelsmfg one I put in there is just a set of flanged dual row bearings with a 41mm od and 29mm id (uh sorry I mean 28.99). Which who knows maybe it's just extra material on the races and the ball sizes are the same. Anyway you push them right into the frame and then your spindle goes directly through the bearings, uh, like the original bb30 Nice wide contact area with the dual row deal, plus secondary seals on each side. Did have to trial and error the spacers a bit.
    Last edited by jamal; 08-18-2022 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    How's that bike? Looks really good! Did you customise your geometry?
    Pretty pleased, I’d say. Not quite found my shock set-up yet, maybe a slightly stiff tune for me and my terrain - except from that it’s all good.

They don’t really offer custom as such. You choose reach, headtube and seattube from a menu. Recently they’ve started naming certain combinations M,L etc.

I have the 500/125/450, which is XL now.

Really pleased with the geo, but they probably should offer a longer headtube than 125 as well. My effective reach is probably more like 490(?) due to spacers

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Okay so the Elite cages that I’ve used for year’s, and that have also let me down on more than one occasion have finally been retired. Nothing worse than losing a bottle during a spirited gravel race/grind/ride, it can totally fuck you on a long day.
    New bike, new cages! Spent some phat cake on the Lockjaw’s, so pricy, yet so clean and elegant. Things weigh as much as dragonfly wings and hold bottles with gorilla grip!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1660910705.787530.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	424159
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Pretty pleased, I’d say. Not quite found my shock set-up yet, maybe a slightly stiff tune for me and my terrain - except from that it’s all good.

They don’t really offer custom as such. You choose reach, headtube and seattube from a menu. Recently they’ve started naming certain combinations M,L etc.

I have the 500/125/450, which is XL now.

Really pleased with the geo, but they probably should offer a longer headtube than 125 as well. My effective reach is probably more like 490(?) due to spacers
    Awesome, the frames had me pretty intrigued. I'd prolly be kinda lost picking my own geo anyway.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Nah, they sell like 100 frames a year so Giacomo and Manuel (?) really take their time answering mails and guiding their customers.

The frame itself is beautiful. I know nothing about welds, but my buddys Propain looks like a school project compared to the Kavenz.

Name:	Image1661295473.065684.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	254.6 KB 
ID:	424549
    Whole new front end, light bicycle, cxray, cannondale hub.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Rehabbed a yard sale Townie last night for the oldest kid who we’re driving off to College today… StreetStomper!

Name:	5D7F808D-0A88-4982-8FC4-126BCBE7CEBF.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	424616

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Rehabbed a yard sale Townie last night for the oldest kid who we’re driving off to College today… StreetStomper!

Name:	5D7F808D-0A88-4982-8FC4-126BCBE7CEBF.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	424616
    Get him a good lock!

and one of these $15 racks adds a lot of stability to that front basket.

Name:  Image1661358884.193328.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  23.3 KB

that is a nice town bike ^^

IME it was that old quill style of stem which caused death wobbles in my road bike,

I used a cheap adapter to run a threadless stem and it made a BIG difference IME
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-24-2022 at 01:51 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Time for a new SRAM X01 Eagle 12spd chain on the exactly 1 yr old bullit, not quite at .75 on the checker but It had 1500 kms of low speed riding uphill in boost mode so it was time to pre-emptively change a few consumables, brake pad/ grips/ rear tire/ chain

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    that is a nice town bike ^^

IME it was that old quill style of stem which caused death wobbles in my road bike,

I used a cheap adapter to run a threadless stem and it made a BIG difference IME
    People have been going down mountains at 60 MPH plus on quill stems for a century…just needs to be pointed out. I certainly did BITD.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Name:	Image1661811286.102180.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	425087

Long time coming, but just in time for some shakedowns before Trans Madeira. So far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    People have been going down mountains at 60 MPH plus on quill stems for a century…just needs to be pointed out. I certainly did BITD.
    well who doesn't enjoy a good death wobble just for old time sake !

IME, that was usually due to frame or fork misalignment.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post

Long time coming, but just in time for some shakedowns before Trans Madeira. So far so good!

Sweet looking bike. What is it? Also don’t think I’ve ever seen those wheels before.

Here’s my entry: new to me (used) Spire XT. Threw on my Storia and Ergon saddle and grips from my Patrol (now FS), and new OneUp bars (first carbon bars for me).

Love this bike. Carries so much speed yet still surprisingly fun and agile.

sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Hate to tell you, but in my experience Bacon is superior to Dart tool. Couple friends in agreement with me. Sometimes they work together though and Stans may have updated the dart tip stiffness a bit.
    I’ve never used a dart, but bacon works for brake levers!

10 minutes into a 5 hour ride.

sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    IME, that was usually due to frame or fork misalignment.
    I had a 130mm quill stem on a frame that was too big for me, its hard to find those old quill stems kicking around a bike store so I shortened up the cockpit with a 70mm threadless mtnbike stem & a quill to threadless adapter

the bike fit me a lot better but the side benefit was the vintage death wobble went away completely

which would indicate to me it was the vintage parts that didnt really work as well as modern parts

but they ARE vintage
    Last edited by XXX-er; 08-29-2022 at 05:32 PM.

What is that? Looks sweet. Darth vadar style

Stoked on mine
    Thanks again man!!!!

Name:	Image1661816263.929469.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	425090

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

It’s a Revel Rail29. Feels fun to be back on a leggy 29er again. Gotta get my speed-vision tuned up again.
    Wheels are Revel RW30 rims on Hydra hubs.

It’s a Revel Rail29. Feels fun to be back on a leggy 29er again. Gotta get my speed-vision tuned up again.

Sweet. Looks like a lot of fun. I watched a video on trans Madeira and looks like a wild ride. Good luck man, hope it goes well and enjoy

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Badass - the new Rail. That thing looks sweet.

Would love hear feedback on those wheels too.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I’ve never used a dart, but bacon works for brake levers!

10 minutes into a 5 hour ride.

Well done ingenuity there, not sure I'd have considered that. How'd your brake work the rest of the 4:50