Page 27 of 100 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    So you can run offset bushings in reverse to lift up the back end? When I looked into them, their website made it sound like you could only mount them with the eyelet towards the rear (i.e. make things slacker). My understanding was compressing the shock will make the eyelet want to rotate towards the rear (in the back) and front (in the front).

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    So you can run offset bushings in reverse to lift up the back end? When I looked into them, their website made it sound like you could only mount them with the eyelet towards the rear (i.e. make things slacker). My understanding was compressing the shock will make the eyelet want to rotate towards the rear (in the back) and front (in the front).
    A lot of the times whatever way you set them they will spin. On most suspension systems, one shock pivot does most of the moving(usually the one at the linkage) and that will be the one that spins the offset bushing. The other doesnt move much. Both mine shock pivots move very little. This one is in the frame pivot. Should be good/fingers crossed. Ill keep an eye on it and spin it back when needed. Feels tight in there. The commencal "carriage bolt" is greased well and should do all the turning that is needed. Looks like its designed that way..
    Bb is within a mm or 2 from where it was with the 9er rear wheel, so angles should be relatively unchanged. I put 165 cranks on last year from the stock 170's. Ill check out the latest changes in a couple days

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Built the gromette’s new ride

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618293254.612212.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	371370

It was one of those Merlin cycles incredible deals. Sub 25 lbs SS sitting for 140mm travel. She insisted on the dropper being removed. When she comes to her senses I’ll put it back on....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    A lot of the times whatever way you set them they will spin. On most suspension systems, one shock pivot does most of the moving(usually the one at the linkage) and that will be the one that spins the offset bushing. The other doesnt move much. Both mine shock pivots move very little. This one is in the frame pivot. Should be good/fingers crossed. Ill keep an eye on it and spin it back when needed. Feels tight in there. The commencal "carriage bolt" is greased well and should do all the turning that is needed. Looks like its designed that way..
    Bb is within a mm or 2 from where it was with the 9er rear wheel, so angles should be relatively unchanged. I put 165 cranks on last year from the stock 170's. Ill check out the latest changes in a couple days

That makes sense. Looks like your rear yoke stays lined up with the shock, and rotates back at the rocker. And I'd guess in most horizontally mounted shocks the front hardly moves at all, so would be a good candidate for reversed offset bushing.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Name:	Image1618293254.612212.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	371370

It was one of those Merlin cycles incredible deals. Sub 25 lbs SS sitting for 140mm travel. She insisted on the dropper being removed. When she comes to her senses I’ll put it back on....

Nice score! I was deeply tempted by those last year -- but Merlin wouldn't ship to me in the U.S. How did you get it shipped?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Dibs when you sell it!

Got my bike back together and have been riding a bit. My bike did gain some weight but I'm stoked on the changes over the winter:

DHX2 w/ DVO LS spring. Couldn't get the proper Fox spring over the winter and the DVO fits great and was available. Plus I like the gunmetal color. Super plush.
    Runt in my 36. Feels amazing and have the pressures perfect to match the rear.
    Replaced Guide RSs that came on the bike with TRP DHR-Evos. Not quite the on off of XTs and I think I like the Evos better. Stopping power of Shimano with a little more modulation. And I couldn't find XTs at a close to reasonable price that would be delivered before July through an LBS.
    E13 bash/guide. Haven't hit anything or really ever drop chains but it's on there and I don't notice it so that's good.
    2.4 DHR2 off the front and replaced with 2.5 DHF. I like the F better in the front.
    Went back to a Cush Core pro in the rear in 2.4 DHR2 and lowered the pressure a little.

I am slow on the up so the extra 2 lbs from changes doesn't bug me so much but noticeable on the down in a good way. Especially the suspension and stopping. Someday I'll act my age and get something a little more appropriate for daily XCish rides...

I just had Diaz rebuild my suspension and tried to get a Runt, but they were out for 36s, and talked me into a custom tune instead. I am not super sensitive about my suspension but HOLY FUCK does it feel better than it ever did. Just unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I just had Diaz rebuild my suspension and tried to get a Runt, but they were out for 36s, and talked me into a custom tune instead. I am not super sensitive about my suspension but HOLY FUCK does it feel better than it ever did. Just unbelievable.
    That is the next thing on my list to do someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    That makes sense. Looks like your rear yoke stays lined up with the shock, and rotates back at the rocker. And I'd guess in most horizontally mounted shocks the front hardly moves at all, so would be a good candidate for reversed offset bushing.
    Exactly. The yoke pivot is actually turned so the carriage bolt and shock eye is perpendicular to the ground/front shock eye, so it would only rotate if the frame/yoke/swingarm flexed side to side. But ya the yoke pivot to the link does very close to all of the rotating

Name:	Wheels.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	371780
    New wheels, tires, rotors. Nothing fancy. Easton ARC 30 rims with DT350 hubs, Maxxis Recon 2.40's, XT rotors. My hightower is now a 29er. FYI, had good luck buying wheels through Bicycle Wheel Warehouse. Pick your rim, hub, spoke etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I was going to have them revalve my shock for the Evo, waited a week and now the site says they’re not accepting mail ins.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

1 year and 1800 miles later — out with the old...
    Following V1

Name:	IMG_4141.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	252.3 KB 
ID:	371807

... and in with the new
    Offering V1

Name:	IMG_4450.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	371808

Push coil conversion up front
    Push coil rear
    I9 hydra (not stoked on being chased by a swarm of angry bees)

One ride in and my mind is blown away, I see why coil is king!! That and it pedals better than my following (set PRs on my ups and down lol).

One Up 32t and rock guard. Nifty.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210417_112537.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	371843
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

A new shock pump, a full set of Fox volume spacers for a 34 shock and the wrong size socket for that fork because I'm a dumb ass.

Tannus insert, because even with DD rear I'm getting pretty pronounced cross marks each ride from cornering. I'll have to see what feels better, more pressure with no insert or insert with same pressure.

SQLab 611 saddle, second try, this time 1 size smaller. The trusty Silverado is fine on 2 hour rides but after a 4 hour ride Thursday my legs felt fine but my sit bones were tenderized. Previously I found the 611 a bit too firm, but now that I'm sized properly (and used to a hard Silverado) maybe it'll feel better.

Closer... needs about another few hours of work, get the dropper sorted, replace sealant, a few odds and ends

Name:	483A17F4-4207-4E90-AB7F-CAF9DC6B9AD8.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	627.5 KB 
ID:	372002
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

We should have a companion thread,
    “Things you tried to buy today, but they all just laughed”
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I had a set of cranks on watch list, and they showed up last week on a day we place orders, and I texted the ordering guy at the shop, and we still missed out on them.

Sram 12s chains are really hard to come by, still waiting for mtb tires, wheels i'm considering say maybe in june.

Wanted a new xc bike this year but that ain't happening. Might manage to find a cx bike though. My problem with the hardtail was not committing in like december (I want an orbea alma). Not going to make that mistake on a cx bike and already said get me whatever we can. Maybe a kona, maybe cannondale's upcoming new thing.

On the plus side all my bikes are in reasonably good shape right now. I feel like summer's going to get rough.
    Last edited by jamal; 04-19-2021 at 10:00 AM.

It was Friday, but basically everything. Finally put together my Spur. Wheels and brakes came off an old build, everything else was new. Still sorta on the lookout for shorter cranks, and need new brake pads before I head out on any trips but otherwise she's ready to go!

I may regret the 32t. 32t oval? My knee!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Picked up a reverse components angle spacer so i can ditch the knock block headset in my bike. Slackens the bike .5 degrees and it allows the fork crown to clear the downtube. Then i can install my -1 degree works components headset.
    160 mm miranda cranks to replace the bent 165 shimani cranks on the eeb
    50mm rise spank vibrocore bars. The rat and i both core enough for 50mm rise, plus theyll keep the same bar height when i swap forks. One fork has a shortish steerer tubeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20210425_172934.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	372704Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210425_172947.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	372705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210425_173600.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	372706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210425_173612.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	372707

Name:	F3D4AB39-5EE9-40A7-B18F-E77C8F5308CF.jpg 
Size:	854.5 KB 
ID:	372840
    Crazy light.

Anyone selling a 31.6 dropper? Other than that, I think I’ve got a complete build in my parts bins.

Actually, about to list a 31.6 125mm BikeYoke Revive with 2 rides on it.
    PM if it’s something you’re interested in.

Name:	Image1619498364.513192.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	372845

However many are in a shit ton.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

Name:	F3D4AB39-5EE9-40A7-B18F-E77C8F5308CF.jpg 
Size:	854.5 KB 
ID:	372840
    Crazy light.

Anyone selling a 31.6 dropper? Other than that, I think I’ve got a complete build in my parts bins.
    Nice! You’re gonna love it. I have about a month on mine, almost 100 miles. Pr’s almost every ride and my first KOM! I got the PNW adjustable dropper up to 200mm set to 190mm.

Mrs xtrmjoe wanted rekons for summer, as thats what me and LBS guy ride now. Front is here 2.6 waiting on rear 2.4. Shes getting a new bar/stem and grips to try and help sore hands after long rides.
    Drink to remember not to forget!
    Fourisight Wines