Page 58 of 100 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2487
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Ooohha a little more subtle than this but same general concept.
    Attachment 416197

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I’m thinking that combining the two would improve retention at the bottom of the stroke, and prevent accidental ejection.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1652540925.369364.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	416355
    Upping my Cain game.

Spent entirely too much time down the Google/YouTube rabbit hole learning about chain hardness and padlock pickability.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Sanded most of the paint off, think I’m going to leave it rough w max max vibe and pair w an old 960 xtr crank I polished years ago for my ti SS. Should be a good match, even if crank is worth 2x frame.

Edit - context is my pandora box project I bought a few days ago. Was a horribly done attempt at chemical paint stripping. Mostly hand sanded it down, though did use sander lightly in some flat spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VTskibum; 05-16-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post

Name:	Image1652540925.369364.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	416355
    Upping my Cain game.
    Strong play, my man!

Name:  cain.gif
Views: 605
Size:  149.0 KB

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Annnnd: new (to me) Hei Hei:

Name:	IMG_5335.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	416822
    Name:  IMG_5341.JPG
Views: 554
Size:  102.0 KB

First ride review: last night as very nice weather w/ hero dirt. Bike is a ROCKET SHIP. Gets up to speed and stays there. Still some tinkering…but glad I went with used blinged-out used over new w/ upgradeitis.

It’s only one ride, so very happy so far.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

These guys at Worldwide seem like they have a good time. Looking forward to an upgraded hub.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yeah, the 11-6 has maybe the best mid-stroke support and bottom out resistance of any shock I've ever ridden. The one I rode was pretty mediocre on small bump sensitivity though.
    A $1300 shock shouldn't be anything except amazeballs in every fucking respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    A $1300 shock shouldn't be anything except amazeballs in every fucking respect.
    Fully agreed. I did learn, however, that if you tell the owner of that $1300 shock that their shock is amazing in some respects but not in every respect, the owner of that shock will get angry. Because Push says it's amazing in every respect and they know more about shocks than I do.

Fully agreed. I did learn, however, that if you tell the owner of that $1300 shock that their shock is amazing in some respects but not in every respect, the owner of that shock will get angry. Because Push says it's amazing in every respect and they know more about shocks than I do.
    I'd imagine they would be angry. A coil shock that struggles with small bump compliance yet costs more than a fox 38 factory

If there is anything that a coil shock is supposed to do, it is to erase small bumps because it is not an air shock!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'd imagine they would be angry. A coil shock that struggles with small bump compliance yet costs more than a fox 38 factory

If there is anything that a coil shock is supposed to do, it is to erase small bumps because it is not an air shock!
    In fairness to Push, if I was racing, the tune would probably be pretty good. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little small bump sensitivity for amazing support and big hit performance. But these days, I'm way too lazy to worry about pumping every little rock and root on the trail and I'd rather just plow through rough stuff.

My only frame of reference for a coil shock was the Super Deluxe on my last bike, but I'm quite happy with the small bump compliance of my 11-6. Given that they are valved for specific applications I could see how it would vary between bikes and setups. Or maybe I have lower expectations for that facet of the shock.

I've mostly solved my issues with the Cane Creek Kitsuma. Now that I have a few hours on the shock the seals seem to have broken in and I'm getting more reasonable sag despite running ~40 psi more than I was initially. Still dialing in HSR and HSC, but overall it's made the bike a bit poppier and should hold up to the additional bikepacking weight just fine. Be interesting to see how the 11-6 feels when I swap it back on.

. I'd be willing to sacrifice a little small bump sensitivity for amazing support and big hit performance.
    Speaking of support, PUSH kinda rocks it in the customer support department. Probably not as crucial for average sized interweb pros, but for people who struggle to get their shit dialed in it’s a nice return on investment.
    My wife is a combination of small, very picky, and clueless mechanically. She swears by her PUSH stuff and will fight you for it.

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    My only frame of reference for a coil shock was the Super Deluxe on my last bike, but I'm quite happy with the small bump compliance of my 11-6. Given that they are valved for specific applications I could see how it would vary between bikes and setups. Or maybe I have lower expectations for that facet of the shock.
    Definitely. I have no doubt at all that if you tell Push to tune the shock for insane small bump sensitivity, they can definitely do that.

I was riding the "stock" tune for an enduro. So that particular tune for that particular bike was unimpressive in the small bump category, but that certainly doesn't mean all 11-6's are like that.

Definitely. I have no doubt at all that if you tell Push to tune the shock for insane small bump sensitivity, they can definitely do that.

I was riding the "stock" tune for an enduro. So that particular tune for that particular bike was unimpressive in the small bump category, but that certainly doesn't mean all 11-6's are like that.
    Nonsense. I learned on Pinkbike that you need to take a stance and be a dick about it.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Strong play, my man!

Name:  cain.gif
Views: 605
Size:  149.0 KB
    sounds like a recipe for soggy pizza ,

ergo soggy is also manly ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

20? y/o fork added to replace rigid fork on my sons bike. Clears 24x2.6 pretty easily. Going to see how it works for him.

Nice color match and all.
    Brake bosses and disc tabs, fancy.....

Yeah gotta get the brake bosses off, pretty stuck in there. This was dry fit before cutting steerer. Match was primed for this as it sat on a bike I’ve had from high school that was ridden every few years.

Name:	IMG_20220522_131146.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	599.9 KB 
ID:	417156
    Fresh grips, a new computer and some cable buddies.

Matching computer color to grips is next level.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Very few 11s chains out there but I found a rainbow ybn

Name:	PXL_20220523_004451806.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	291.0 KB 
ID:	417315

getting a fresh xx1 rainbow for the mtb is not looking like it's going to happen any time soon so I might have to try gold on there.

Oh also I got a poc ventral and some of their ridiculous huge sunglasses recently.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Very few 11s chains out there but I found a rainbow ybn

Name:	PXL_20220523_004451806.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	291.0 KB 
ID:	417315

getting a fresh xx1 rainbow for the mtb is not looking like it's going to happen any time soon so I might have to try gold on there.

Oh also I got a poc ventral and some of their ridiculous huge sunglasses recently.
    I’m seeing tons of XTR chains available, only like 10g heavier than XX1. Most testing indicates Shimano chains are slightly more efficient than SRAM which would easily outperform the couple extra grams.

Got a box of Octamousse pool noodles headed this direction from Spain. So many conflicted feelings, but figured it was better to just pull the trigger instead of sitting around overthinking everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I’m seeing tons of XTR chains available, only like 10g heavier than XX1. Most testing indicates Shimano chains are slightly more efficient than SRAM which would easily outperform the couple extra grams.
    Beware, almost all xtr chains on ebay, Amazon, etc, are likely counterfeit right now.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I'm not sure on how well a shimano chain will work with 12s sram either. We have a bunch of 12s kmc gold chains in stock so I'll prob just go with one of those.