Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2497
    haha! on that note I might need to “indecent proposal” him out after this one.
    skid luxury

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C94F501D-DE59-4EE4-B94E-5DBC3DB4E49E.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	946.9 KB 
ID:	460102

Posted in the wife thread… wifey’s new rig - electronic shifting & dropper; custom paint on the Fox 36.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Posted in the wife thread… wifey’s new rig - electronic shifting & dropper; custom paint on the Fox 36.
    There is a "wife thread"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    There is a "wife thread"?
    Is it in Gear Swap?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    haha! on that note I might need to “indecent proposal” him out after this one.
    I’ll offer….tree-fiddy.
    But I get to keep the bike.
    Last edited by rideit; 05-27-2023 at 10:49 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Speaking of significant others, my lovely wife is now sporting this rocket ship. 28lbs including streamers. Is fast. Hard to tell from the photo but it’s an almost black metallic purple with lighter purple accents. Badass looking. Like her.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Speaking of significant others, my lovely wife is now sporting this rocket ship. 28lbs including streamers. Is fast. Hard to tell from the photo but it’s an almost black metallic purple with lighter purple accents. Badass looking. Like her.

Very nice, what model?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Very nice, what model?
    Juliana Furtado, same as the SC 5010. It's an XS, and we had to hunt a bit to find one of the 2022s since that's the last year with 27.5s front and back. New ones are mullets which isn't great for a 5'-2 person. New frame with couple year old shiny bits.

Juliana Furtado, same as the SC 5010. It's an XS, and we had to hunt a bit to find one of the 2022s since that's the last year with 27.5s front and back. New ones are mullets which isn't great for a 5'-2 person. New frame with couple year old shiny bits.
    Nice, my 5'1" wife loved her 2018 XS Furtado.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Nice, my 5'1" wife loved her 2018 XS Furtado.
    Then staying on topic my college age daughter just got this for her birthday/thanks-for-earning-a-scholarship present. Juliana Roubion (SC Bronson). Lower parts specs but she is a college student for gods sake. 2021 so also a 27.5 instead of a mulllet. Also 5’-2”.

She spent the entire first ride running up on my ass during downhills and giggling about how fast it was. She was fast before. Now she’s a menace.

Was a big bike week in my family. Bunch of new random parts too. Good stuff.
    Last edited by EWG; 06-06-2023 at 04:53 PM.

Then staying on topic my college age daughter just got this for her birthday/thanks-for-earning-a-scholarship present. Juliana Ruobion (SC Bronson). Lower parts specs but she is a college student for gods sake. 2021 so also a 27.5 instead of a mulllet. Also 5’-2”.

She spent the entire first ride running up on my ass during downhills and giggling about how fast it was. She was fast before. Now she’s a menace.

Was a big bike week in my family. Bunch of new random parts too. Good stuff.
    Very cool. Gotta keep the women happy.
    My wife went from the XS Furtado to a small Maverick (Hightower). She loved the bike but the standover was tight. Now she's on a new small Evil Offering which has 20mm more standover room than her Furtado did.

New adjustable stem for my ebike and the GF got a salsa 29r ht
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I’ll offer….tree-fiddy.
    But I get to keep the bike.
    Update- that fancy new electronic shifting was F’d up over the long weekend and he was unable to ride the new whip. (Had to ride one of the other ibis bikes in the quiver so no tears shed)But even with his pretty good knowledge base of doing a shitton of research and having worked in bike shops (albeit over a decade ago) he couldn’t get it working correctly.
    Seems like there were a couple extra links in the chain which needs to be accurate for calibration.
    I’m not a luddite but damn- this situation seemed silly to me.
    skid luxury

So, your saying I can have the bike and a date for $two-fiddy?

Don’t make me pimphand you

Edit: I think It’s pimpslap
    skid luxury

I was just thinking earlier today whether e shifting was being used by anyone I know on mtbs. Seems soft. But so do I

I am interested to see how it pans out too and how well it works in practice. Also kind of happy that it’s not my bike that I have to fiddle around with even more than is typical with regular bikes.
    I guess the upside is supposed to be that you don’t have to fiddle once it is set correctly but also Andrew was out of cell service and the app meant to connect and correct issues would not connect via bluetooth as they were supposed to.
    He is barely phased by having to deal with all of these delays though so I will just observe from the sidelines.
    Truth be told I almost prefer the delay of the new bike. It is 29er and so much lighter than his other bikes that I no longer get a bicycle weight/efficiency advantage when riding xc together
    skid luxury

Got a JH bike park pass today..,

^Sweet! I heard a rumor that the new big jump line they built was too big, and had to be dumbed down.

Wish they would bring back the 'Friday Night Bikes' from 2? years ago. Would be a nice social outing thing to get off work and take a few laps. But then again might not make it there in time with bridge construction summer traffic.

Gonna be interesting to see how many e-bikes actually ride the lifts. The regular bike is just more funnerer on that terrain.
    However, rallying UP a bunch of those, at night, with lights….that’s gonna be a good time.

Name:	IMG_6331.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	236.1 KB 
ID:	460681

New hitch rack.

Rocky Mounts brand, not as pricey as the Thule / Yakima but seems sturdy and well built.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I am interested to see how it pans out too and how well it works in practice. Also kind of happy that it’s not my bike that I have to fiddle around with even more than is typical with regular bikes.
    I guess the upside is supposed to be that you don’t have to fiddle once it is set correctly but also Andrew was out of cell service and the app meant to connect and correct issues would not connect via bluetooth as they were supposed to.
    He is barely phased by having to deal with all of these delays though so I will just observe from the sidelines.
    Truth be told I almost prefer the delay of the new bike. It is 29er and so much lighter than his other bikes that I no longer get a bicycle weight/efficiency advantage when riding xc together
    My son's bike has electronic shifting as well as a few friends. I'm not sold on it...yet. When it works it's absolutely awesome. I just feel like I'd forget to charge the battery...even though it lasts forever. And at my local shop a person came in freaking out because it wasn't working. Idk, mechanical is easy. Another friend is a specialized marketing guy and he has the e-dropper post and loves it. Idk about that either, but seems safer if a failure occurred...maybe

Name:	PXL_20230603_233941718.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	460816

NBD. Was eying their bigger bike, for the same price, but at the end of the day you need a bike for the trails you have, not the trails you wish you had.

That's nice ^^

Interesting color, I like it as it's different without being odd[if that makes sense]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That's nice ^^

Interesting color, I like it as it's different without being odd[if that makes sense]
    Thx yeah it's more of a sand color than a gold but looks great with dirt on it. SC did their Nomad in it a couple years back