Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2489
    Got the Mullet Mount for my Altitude, which preserves the original geometry if run mullet. Will do a test drive tonight.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Got the Mullet Mount for my Altitude, which preserves the original geometry if run mullet. Will do a test drive tonight.
    Do tell how it goes, I’ve been very interested in doing this with my enduro but the link from WRP ain’t cheap.

Hot Damn, it was worth every penny of $139. Woke the bike right up. Mullet before was ok, but HTA was too slack, and BB too low. This fixed it. Sublime in the corners, and still climbed well. No downsides that I can see yet. Except maybe rollover angle for stupid chunk, but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal for most riders.
    Last edited by rideit; 08-03-2022 at 10:46 PM.

I bought a stans dart tool. Tired of f'n with the bacon. Hoping to never have to use it.

Hate to tell you, but in my experience Bacon is superior to Dart tool. Couple friends in agreement with me. Sometimes they work together though and Stans may have updated the dart tip stiffness a bit.

Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews myself. I'll have both now, so I may be carrying the bacon and the dart for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I bought a stans dart tool. Tired of f'n with the bacon. Hoping to never have to use it.
    Make sure you keep your sealant topped up and only use latex sealant, Darts need both to work. I went Dynaplug to avoid those issues even though it was quite a bit spendier.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

The Onyx on my new Ripmo AF feels so plush compared to my Fox36 on the old Trance. I could never get the Grip2 dialed in, where on the DVo, I just went dead center of the recommended setup and it’s fucking money. Front tire feels stuck to the ground in the chunder and still supportive/controlled in techy steep rooty chunk.

I have had tremendous success with Darts, even with bead cuts that no one believed would work. But I carry both.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1660168431.329902.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	423511
    $193 shipped from Germany in 20 days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Poc liner bib shorts. Seem pretty decent. About the same price as the PI liners but the chamois is better. Pockets however are a little less useful. Kinda right where the waistband sits and the lower side pockets are pretty high up because of the shorter inseam.

Some vittoria syerras I mentioned in the tire thread. Liking them after a few rides

Also wheels came for the hardtail xc bike I don't have yet. pretty light.

Name:  IMG_20220808_104916781.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  88.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1660168431.329902.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	423511
    $193 shipped from Germany in 20 days.

Before I saw the brake pads I was real curious what a 193 dollar pump did so well.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Dart seems cool until you need to stuff a tube in. But my experience is limited - one for one success rate with a bacon strip repair, no dart experience thus far.

Picked up a few bars, misc tools, tire and a few of the nukeproof carbon bars to play with fit a bit from the CRC sale they had running. The best so far are the <$40 Nukeproof MTB pocket bibs, which have the same Specialized design of hanging pockets and so far feel pretty good, hard to beat for that price.

XTR 10-51 for the lightweight wheelset and a Oneup 180mm to replace the 150mm (anyone want the 150?)
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Bought my son a new riprock 24 as he's outgrown his singlespeed cleary 20 incher. Kids bikes are so nice these days.

Rare slow night at work the other night led to ridiculously expensive and unnecessary bike bling purchase.

77 Designs one piece stem matches the links on my Canfield Tilt!

Name:  IMG_2638.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  118.4 KB
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

The used market in my area is starting to get flooded with some parts so I found a sram eagle X01 groupset for a build I’m planning in the winter. Nice to see parts available on the used market again at not insane prices

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Rare slow night at work the other night led to ridiculously expensive and unnecessary bike bling purchase.

Treat yo self.

That thing is hawt.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Picked up a few bars, misc tools, tire and a few of the nukeproof carbon bars to play with fit a bit from the CRC sale they had running. The best so far are the <$40 Nukeproof MTB pocket bibs, which have the same Specialized design of hanging pockets and so far feel pretty good, hard to beat for that price.
    Do you have any comments on the sizing? What size did you get and do you have anything to compare to?

I like cargo bib shorts and have two pairs of the Specialized Swat ones, but they are weirdly restrictive even in a size large with slightly too short straps. Craft bibs is size large fit me fine…

Mtx gold pads. We’ll see what the fuss is all about, guy at the shop started raving about them after I asked if they had any.

Felt like I burned through my stock pads super fast.

Lesbostrap 9000, highly recommend.

Wait…

Wrong forum, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post

Hope your bar fits…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Do you have any comments on the sizing? What size did you get and do you have anything to compare to?

I like cargo bib shorts and have two pairs of the Specialized Swat ones, but they are weirdly restrictive even in a size large with slightly too short straps. Craft bibs is size large fit me fine…
    Fit pretty much the same as my Spec swat cargo bibs so far in my experience. Do think the specialized ones have a slightly larger pads.

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Hope your bar fits…….

It's a valid concern. I already have the WAO bars/stem that were designed with 77 so I'll be fine. The stem is very similar but black, thus the ridiculously unnecessary part. They do say the stem will work with any 35mm bar with 20mm or less of rise. Seems like a good chance you'll scratch them without the WAO spacer though.

This is my experiment in going back to 31.8 bars because I was getting a lot of arm pump and some wrist issues and thought maybe 35mm bars weren't helping the situation. Gotta say, it's noticeably better with the WAO 31.8 bars.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air