Page 16 of 100 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ordered one of these today, maybe delivery in February?

https://www.bikes.com/en/bikes/altitude/2021-0?tid=73
    I think they got it right. Might be the first time the ride9 really gets used. SA is steep but not too steep and 2 useable cs lengths. HA is ez to make slacker than current adjustmenfs if someone really had too

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0440.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	339601

First ride. I want to switch out the rear assegai for something that rolls better.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post

Name:	IMG_0440.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	339601

First ride. I want to switch out the rear assegai for something that rolls better.

I’m assguy curious if you’re ditching it. Specs?

Found out I'm at the top end for PSI on the Fox Float X2 on my new to me bike...actually probably over and it rode okay for a couple rides maxed out and then started making weird squishy noises and didn't ride that well. Switched to a DHX2 with DVO SLS spring and it is badass. Gained 300g in weight going air to coil and don't care a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    First ride on this bike since moving the High Roller II from the front to the rear, because the side knobs were undercutting a lot and feeling squirmy. (New DHF on the front.) Center knobs look fine so I didn't want to throw it out just yet.

Bike feels slower and draggier than the other bike that has a DHR II on the rear. Looking at this tire, I don't understand how it can roll as slow as it does, but damn...

What size rims do you have vs tire size? I’ve liked the hr2 way more on skinnier rims and enough pressure that give it a rounder profile and keep the side knobs from engaging til it’s tipped over.

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    What size rims do you have vs tire size? I’ve liked the hr2 way more on skinnier rims and enough pressure that give it a rounder profile and keep the side knobs from engaging til it’s tipped over.
    This bike has 24mm internal rims, and the HR2 on it is 29x2.3. I liked it quite a bit as a front tire, but the side knobs undercut quickly.

I'll try higher pressure. I had this set at 25 psi for the rear, measured on a digital Schwalbe gauge -- no idea how accurate it is, but at least it allows for consistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedropper View Post
    I’m assguy curious if you’re ditching it. Specs?
    Its a great tire, just more tire than I want on the back. Im going to ride it out this season then keep it as a backup for the front. Probably go with the aggressor for rear.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Its a great tire, just more tire than I want on the back. Im going to ride it out this season then keep it as a backup for the front. Probably go with the aggressor for rear.

Dissector is worth a look

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    This bike has 24mm internal rims, and the HR2 on it is 29x2.3. I liked it quite a bit as a front tire, but the side knobs undercut quickly.

I'll try higher pressure. I had this set at 25 psi for the rear, measured on a digital Schwalbe gauge -- no idea how accurate it is, but at least it allows for consistency.
    Did that ever change anything? I've ran the high roller 2 as a rear tire a few times with a similar sized rim and had a somewhat similar experience but this year I picked up a super light wheelset with 22.5mm internal rims (27.5) and I put a 2.3 hr2 on the front and have been pleasantly surprised. It's really found its own in true tight singletrack. The narrow rims with the round profile makes the bike handle so nimble and just knifes in and out of corners and around roots/rocks. Once the trails get wider, the trail speed increases, and the tread more loose the tire starts to feel way more squirrelly.
    Last edited by rip; 09-20-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Name:	IMG_20200908_140156.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	847.4 KB 
ID:	340869

As for upgrades I finally got this thing on my bike. 180mm lyrik replacing a 160 pike. Bought it on eBay and it shipped from germany, damn thing spent over a month in customs, thought it was lost forever before it randomly showed up last week, somehow moving without the tracking updating. Either way it's feeling like a major improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by rip View Post
    Did that ever change anything? I've ran the high roller 2 as a rear tire a few times with a similar sized rim and had a somewhat similar experience but this year I picked up a super light wheelset with 22.5mm internal rims (27.5) and I put a 2.3 hr2 on the front and have been pleasantly surprised. It's really found its own in true tight singletrack. The narrow rims with the round profile makes the bike handle so nimble and just knifes in and out of corners. Once the trails get wider, the trail speed increases, and the tread more loose the tire starts to feel way more squirrelly.
    A little higher pressure (27ish) seems to help the rolling resistance feel for the HR II rear. But then it feels a bit too loose for descents. I'll either just put up with it for the rest of the fall, or get fed up and swap in an Aggressor I have ready to go (same size, 29x2.3).
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

First ride in yesterday. Fixed all of the issues I was experiencing with the DPS. Great mid stroke support. Climbing in party mode provides better small bump compliance than the DPS and i don't end up squatting when things get steep. Work mode firms things up but the shock is still active.

Even though this was my first ride with settings not totally dialed I still set PRs on two downhill segments that I ride all the time. It didn't feel especially fast, and I wasn't riding all out, the rear end just felt stable, quiet, supportive and sensitive in all of the right ways. I'm impressed.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 6.35.34 AM.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	288.0 KB 
ID:	340967
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Have had my new bike over a month and haven't bought anything yet.

Oh wait front tire, grips, shock volume spacer kit, and saddle i guess are things.

Probably going to change the bars//stem. And cranks. And maybe the whole group and brakes. Trying not to go overboard and might just sell it and upgrade to the nicer version next year.

I haven't had much of a riding season, but the Trance I bought new last fall is still 100 % stock. In the past I was quick to tweak everything but this build has been good to me. Maybe tires first, just for science.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    First ride in yesterday. Fixed all of the issues I was experiencing with the DPS. Great mid stroke support. Climbing in party mode provides better small bump compliance than the DPS and i don't end up squatting when things get steep. Work mode firms things up but the shock is still active.

Even though this was my first ride with settings not totally dialed I still set PRs on two downhill segments that I ride all the time. It didn't feel especially fast, and I wasn't riding all out, the rear end just felt stable, quiet, supportive and sensitive in all of the right ways. I'm impressed.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Almost looks like you could flip the shock so the reservoir is up top and be able to use your water bottle cage

Mmm... new shoes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Almost looks like you could flip the shock so the reservoir is up top and be able to use your water bottle cage

In another thread he said it touches the top tube.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Mmm... new shoes.
    Yeah mine arrived yesterday also. I'm just going to run one up front for now. Looking at them, there's no way I'm going to pedal one of those in the rear for long days.

One thing that impresses me with Michelin is how consistent their weights are compared to other brands. My 2 Rock'Rs were within 2g of each other. I've had Magic Marys that were 100g different in the same order. Maxxis is often +/- 50g (and 100+ higher than spec weight).

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Yeah mine arrived yesterday also. I'm just going to run one up front for now.
    Yup. My old Wild Rock'R2 is going to get switched to the back. Will just keep doing that until I've used them all up.

Fresh shock on a clean bike.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Shiny rainbow chain and brake pads because i killed mine in less than 2 months.

Also went with carbon bars last week plus a little shorter stem and the stamped steel chainring came off. Bike is most of a pound lighter just from those little things.

Norco big foot 3 over the phone, I'm stoked but I'm still an invalid so maybe i ride it next month
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Just wheeled this out the door.

Love to hear your impressions on the Zeb. Is there anywhere near Helena that has proper chunk to thrash that thing on?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident