Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2487
    Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    What differences have you noticed so far?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Small bump compliance is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    Small bump compliance is incredible.
    Do you know what the delta in weight is between stock and with the spring?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Added 1.25 lbs. to a Zeb when Blister tested it:

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...conversion-kit

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I do not. And to be fair, I put it on my YT Decoy; so I am not concerned with weight.

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    I bought a wheel set for my wife today, but she got aluminum.
    After 10 years, we make up our own anniversary theme each year. This purchase is not related, but carbon will definitely be an upcoming theme.

After my 2021 Fox Float X2 Factory damper exploded for the second time in a year (15 rides since last Fox warranty rebuild this time), I ordered 2023 Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil after finding one in stock at Pro Bike Supply in CA. Arrived to Canada in a week with no duty/GST which was sweet. Mounted it up yesterday morning and went for a test ride on Seymour and wow I am impressed. I've run coil on previous trail bikes (2019 DHX2 Factory on a Jeffsy) but after just one test ride I am blown away with this shock compared to the X2 which I had setup reasonably well and rode for a year. I ran middle of the road damper settings (neutral HSC, LSC and +1 HBO) and a 550lbs spring (215lbs body weight), didn't even have time to check sag, but the thing just felt so much more plush and glued to the ground on steep rough rooty/rocky terrain than the X2 which always felt pretty harsh no matter what I did. Only did a couple drops but the bottom-out felt similar to the X2 with max volume spacers, nice and controlled without any harshness. Will play around with HBO a bit more to see the impact of running it at max, but I like that you can run a lighter coil/more sag for traction, or more open HSC and just use HBO for end stroke events. I did add about 400g to my bike with the SD Coil vs. X2 Factory but such is life.

I had been thinking about an EXT Storia but this thing was $550 cheaper ($850CAD with spring vs. $1400CAD) and only marginally heavier and has the HBO feature. Could save 100-200ish grams with a Ti spring I think too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2487.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	428043

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Definitely agree w the fun of underbiking. Running slicks now, need to swap in some meatier rubber for some fun adventure rides.

Not super fun purchase, but just dropped way more $$$ than I’d have liked to hide my pump track w 16 6-7’ arborvitae’s after some Karen-like neighbor friction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wrap those rascals. The m'fin deer love ours. Unless you want the lollipop look.

And vibes on the Karen situation. That sucks.

Edited for not reading the rest of the thread. Oops

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    $1900 for a kick-ass set of wheels seems pretty reasonable.
    …..what a world….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

^^^ lol, right?

I snagged some wheels for my old Turner 5spot. Got some mavic crossmax xl for a hundred bucks. Finally went tubeless. Crossmax made it soooo easy. Felt pretty good on the trail yesterday, knocked about 3/4lb off the wheel/tire combo.

Name:	PXL_20221002_185752081.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	428514
    sigless.

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Scored some sweet new rubber off a buddy, these are printed as 42’s. Yeah, no, easily over 44 on wide, hookless rims, too tight for his Parlee, just right for my Crux! Right in time for a big dirt road grind this weekend, no class IV sections. Shaved almost 3/4 of a pound of rotating weight from the Gravel King SK+. Bike is freaking light

Name:	Image1664921033.868601.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	428691

Name:	Image1664921061.449048.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	428692

Name:	Image1664921090.524414.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	428693
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    After my 2021 Fox Float X2 Factory damper exploded for the second time in a year (15 rides since last Fox warranty rebuild this time), I ordered 2023 Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate Coil after finding one in stock at Pro Bike Supply in CA. Arrived to Canada in a week with no duty/GST which was sweet. Mounted it up yesterday morning and went for a test ride on Seymour and wow I am impressed. I've run coil on previous trail bikes (2019 DHX2 Factory on a Jeffsy) but after just one test ride I am blown away with this shock compared to the X2 which I had setup reasonably well and rode for a year. I ran middle of the road damper settings (neutral HSC, LSC and +1 HBO) and a 550lbs spring (215lbs body weight), didn't even have time to check sag, but the thing just felt so much more plush and glued to the ground on steep rough rooty/rocky terrain than the X2 which always felt pretty harsh no matter what I did. Only did a couple drops but the bottom-out felt similar to the X2 with max volume spacers, nice and controlled without any harshness. Will play around with HBO a bit more to see the impact of running it at max, but I like that you can run a lighter coil/more sag for traction, or more open HSC and just use HBO for end stroke events. I did add about 400g to my bike with the SD Coil vs. X2 Factory but such is life.

I had been thinking about an EXT Storia but this thing was $550 cheaper ($850CAD with spring vs. $1400CAD) and only marginally heavier and has the HBO feature. Could save 100-200ish grams with a Ti spring I think too.

Name:	IMG_2487.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	428043
    Nice! I just started running an mrp coil on my Bronson and cannot believe how incredibly plush it rides. I couldn't find an air shock with supply chain issues, so I didn't have a choice, but I'm so happy it worked out that way. I don't care about extra weight. The Bronson likes to go down and as a mullet it's playful and just stoopid fun.

Name:  PXL_20221003_033855335.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  1.12 MB

Done with the bike build... thanks Phat Moose Bikes for the free XT cassette upgrade because they didn't have an SLX one

I wrapped up my Element build after it started as a C70 and then went from there. I prefer rockshox suspension so went with a pike and deluxe shock, switched out the aluminum XT cranks for Next SL carbon cranks, added my AXS post from my instinct, deity carbon bar/copperhead stem, got some of those newer i9 280C 32H wheels with hydra hubs; and switched out the two-piston XT for four-piston XTR's.

Weighs about 26.5 pounds without bottle/tool strap. Sure I could make it super XC-like and get it down another couple of pounds with different suspension, tires, etc; but I enjoy its downhill prowess the way it's built now.

Name:	IMG_0627.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	944.7 KB 
ID:	428898

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Scored some sweet new rubber off a buddy, these are printed as 42’s. Yeah, no, easily over 44 on wide, hookless rims, too tight for his Parlee, just right for my Crux! Right in time for a big dirt road grind this weekend, no class IV sections. Shaved almost 3/4 of a pound of rotating weight from the Gravel King SK+. Bike is freaking light
    What'd you think of these? I've been running them all season and really happy with them. Even at 44 inflated, they've been faster than the GK SS 38 I used to use (and more durable). That said, I'm debating the Schwalbe G-One RS 40 for next year.

I had G-one R's on my bike all year and generally liked them. Not the fastest, lightest, most supple tire but put up to a lot of abuse and sharp rocks without a cut or puncture. Wanted to try an RS on the rear but it never showed up. Meanwhile I got a pretty good hole in my brand new challenge gravel griders the other day. But I got those for racing cross not riding rocky forest roads. And it seems to be fine with a patch on the inside.

Bummer about the hole in the gravel grinders. Reading about the RS more, not sure I will go for it either. Seems like it's super easy to puncture

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I wrapped up my Element build after it started as a C70 and then went from there. I prefer rockshox suspension so went with a pike and deluxe shock, switched out the aluminum XT cranks for Next SL carbon cranks, added my AXS post from my instinct, deity carbon bar/copperhead stem, got some of those newer i9 280C 32H wheels with hydra hubs; and switched out the two-piston XT for four-piston XTR's.

Weighs about 26.5 pounds without bottle/tool strap. Sure I could make it super XC-like and get it down another couple of pounds with different suspension, tires, etc; but I enjoy its downhill prowess the way it's built now.

Name:	IMG_0627.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	944.7 KB 
ID:	428898
    Impressive
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

My Element loaded for bear. Full XTR, Float X, carbon wheels,c180/203 rotors, DD and EXO+ tires (Assegai/Dissector). About 28.5-29.

Name:	PXL_20221006_213424029.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	428967
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

What have you bought/upgraded today.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    What'd you think of these? I've been running them all season and really happy with them. Even at 44 inflated, they've been faster than the GK SS 38 I used to use (and more durable). That said, I'm debating the Schwalbe G-One RS 40 for next year.
    Everyone talks about how supple their rubber is, nothing comes close to these, like nothing. I’ve never used Rene Herse though. Cannot get over how smooth they roll. Most comfortable tire I’ve ever used. They also get up to speed so quickly. I was also happy with how well they hook-up in chundery, loose corners, I wasn’t expecting that.
    Really happy with them and for the money, these will be hard to beat.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Totally agree. Think I can stop fantasizing about other tires. Now I can just focus on whether or not I should spring for inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    My Element loaded for bear. Full XTR, Float X, carbon wheels,c180/203 rotors, DD and EXO+ tires (Assegai/Dissector). About 28.5-29.
    How's that Pike treating you? I am getting my hands on a Stumpy currently built with a Pike Ultimate at 150. Never been on Rockshox suspension and I'm quite content with the Mezzer Pro I'm running on my current trail bike (same travel as the Pike). However, the Mezzer is a lot of fork and my goal with the Stumpy is to get a lighter snappier bike to replace my overforked/shocked Occam. That was a do-it-all bike which doesn't make as much sense now that I have an enduro pig as well.

How does the Pike compare with something like a Fox34/36 which seems to bracket what people like on the Stumpy?
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    How's that Pike treating you? I am getting my hands on a Stumpy currently built with a Pike Ultimate at 150. Never been on Rockshox suspension and I'm quite content with the Mezzer Pro I'm running on my current trail bike (same travel as the Pike). However, the Mezzer is a lot of fork and my goal with the Stumpy is to get a lighter snappier bike to replace my overforked/shocked Occam. That was a do-it-all bike which doesn't make as much sense now that I have an enduro pig as well.

How does the Pike compare with something like a Fox34/36 which seems to bracket what people like on the Stumpy?
    Its right in the middle of a 34/36. I find that the damping on the rockshox forks to be a bit more comfortable for trail riding than Fox which is definitely "racier" (read firm) feeling

Quote Originally Posted by McShortyShorts View Post
    Name:  PXL_20221003_033855335.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  1.12 MB

Done with the bike build... thanks Phat Moose Bikes for the free XT cassette upgrade because they didn't have an SLX one
    That is sick! I have an Enigma/Paradox on my short list.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post

Name:	PXL_20221006_213424029.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.07 MB 
ID:	428967
    You and my son have almost identical bikes. (He went with the factory 36) After spending time on it, I have bike envy. It is better than my older altitude in just about every way.

A new 29"x 2.5 Assegai in DD 120x2 to freshen up that front tire which now has > 2000kms and so the side knobs are looking ratty

I been looking for a new Assegai all season but they have been almost 150$

for Canucks only you can order these from MEC for only 103$ delivered to your door which is as good as it gets eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know